[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every state or region in the US has their own unique cuisine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: download.png (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6 KB, 275x183
Every state or region in the US has their own unique cuisine
All except California, why is that?
>>
>>7387200
Fish tacos, duh
>>
>>7387200
>man I sure love me some good ol' Nebraskan food
>man I sure love me some good ol' Nevada food

I've never heard of anything come from any of these places, and California has been the birthplace of so many foods
>>
>All except California, why is that?

Amalgamation.

Also immigrants. Not just mexicans, asians, and kebab, but other 'muricans too.
>>
What is Illinois food?
>>
>>7387200
Spoiled for choice. Do you seriously think some of those those flyover states made of barren dusty fields have more or better food culture than the heart of the Pacific coast?
>>
>>7387200
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_cuisine
Now fuck off
>>
What's nevada food?
What about montanna food?
I love me some michigan food. Nebraska food is second.
>>
It's basically spa cuisine with avocado and excessive amounts of cilantro.

California is also a huge state with multiple densely populated areas and multiple regions. There are tons of regional cuisines specific to CA.

Dumb bait.
>>
>>7387255
shitty pizza cakes

>>7387226
>>7387276
>Every state or region
midwest has based grits and gigantic corn

>>7387263
>pizza
>sushi
>salads
LMAOING A COMMIEFORNIA'S LIFE
>>
>>7387200
Cioppino, sourdough, mission burritos, etc. San Francisco alone has its own cuisine.
>>
>>7387200
>All except california
Where else can you get california food?
Oh, fucking nowhere.
Fuck off OP. Fucking die you retarded scum.
>>
>>7387285
>shitty pizza cakes
You mean deep dish pizza? You know there's an entire state south of Chicago that is nothing like Chicago right? You'd have more of an argument if you'd said horseshoe sandwich.
>>
>>7387308

Corn dogs are also IL cuisine.
>>
>>7387200

Not true.

California is known for eating dicks.

Matter of fact, it's the dick eating capital of the nation, if not the world.
>>
>>7387308
sorry man first thing that came to mind. I fucking hate that pizza. NY here

rest of chicago is dank tho
>>
California is home to the best rice in the world. Japan imports their sushi rice from California

You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
All my Cali bros in this thread need to calm down

We're just a bunch of longhaired hippy faggots who don't know nuffin about real Murican food

Piss off OP
>>
>>7387200

I'll take California Burrito for $500 Alex.
>>
>>7387330
invented in new mexico. ya can't slap the name california on everything and have it be considered your own unique cuisine mane
>>
>>7387322
>california invented rice

Neat
>>
>>7387311
Corn dogs are pretty great

>>7387321
It happens. If it's not Chicago it's St. Louis.
If Illinois had a cuisine it probably be something with corn. Which isn't that bad. Sweet corn is pretty tasty.
>>
Of course California has their own cuisine
they just take the shitty food from other places and make them even more shittier
while still being all high and mighty about it
>>
File: california-brioche-rolls.jpg (676 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
california-brioche-rolls.jpg
676 KB, 1280x850
As someone born and raised in California, I can attest that our unique cuisine is fusion food. Since we have a large variety of different ethnicity living in such close proximity to one another, cultures often bleed into one another, and you can see the best results of that happening in our food. Much like cooks taking two ingredients to create a dish, we take two ethnic dishes and integrate them into an entirely new creature that is often superior than either, and complements the origin of both in a new chef d'oeuvre.
>>
>>7387200
taco bell started in california
they're the ones responsible for white people "tacos" with ground beef, crunchy shells and american cheese.
>>
Which state has the best food, and why is it hawaii?
>>
>>7387983
Close. I married a Hawaiian and we joined the world's most powerful forces: Texas BBQ with Hawaiian everything. Sorry rest of the world.
>>
File: joes_hawaiian_plate.jpg (319 KB, 1200x1135) Image search: [Google]
joes_hawaiian_plate.jpg
319 KB, 1200x1135
>>7387985
she one tita moke or one kanak?
>>
>>7387983

Has poke become much more popular since I moved away a little over a decade ago?

It was never that big of a thing when I lived there and now it's all over travel food shows and shit like infographics of State food and such.

>>7387993

Lau lau, luau, and lomi lomi is the shit.
>>
>>7387993
3rd generation on the Island. Kinda brown, kinda Asian, but slightly more caucasian nose. Generic muddled pacific islander tier.
>>
>>7387993
Styrofoam containers make every dish look cheap for some reason.
>>
Y'all are posting in a troll thread
>>
File: o.jpg (97 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
97 KB, 1000x563
>>7387997
i guess so? it's also just because it's starting to catch on in the mainland hipster scenes so hawaii is trying to promote it more.
>>7388000
oh, so shes just normal
>>7388005
the only way to eat a plate lunch, bra
>>
>>7388026

I keep wanting to recreate plate lunches for myself, and then I look up mac salad recipes and it's always equal parts macaroni and mayo.

It's really something you need to go out for and not worry about what's in it, but there's nowhere around me that sells anything resembling the real thing.

>have to settle for musubi and the occasional loco moco
>>
File: Its true anon.jpg (111 KB, 400x587) Image search: [Google]
Its true anon.jpg
111 KB, 400x587
>>7387316
>California is known for eating dicks.

This.
>>
>>7388038
i had a pork cutlet plate yesterday and for $8 im sure there was atleast 2500 calories plus crammed into the plate. it's a miracle that hawaii manages to stay one of the thinnest states.
>>
>>7388056

Ocean and mountains.

I currently live in flyover and don't even leave the house if I don't have to because it's fucking concrete and muddy snow.

I used to have olive skin and now I look like a fucking ghost.

>people go to smelly gyms and tanning salons on the mainland
>>
i wanna tussle with the california bear! ^o^
>>
>>7388062

Go to bed, Leo.
>>
>>7387385
are you ok?
>>
>>7388056

Where you at?
>>
South Dakotan cuisine SHITS ALL OVER North Dakotan
>>
why are flyovers so obsessed?
>>
>>7388204

99% of the time it's yuropoors or 'straya starting threads like this.

It's not so much that they're obsessed as it is that they can't contribute anything other than shitposting, and have picked up on American shit they know will get replies (beans in chili is an obvious example), so they just keep starting troll threads to earn imaginary internet points or whatever.

Just ignore obvious bait threads.
>>
>>7388228
I remember when the internet was 99% Californians and it was fucking awesome. I hate the entire world now because of how shitty everyone else is. Seriously, fuck every single non Californian.
>>
>>7388236

I remember when 99% of Facebook was college students at good colleges and it was fucking awesome.

Then they let in anyone with a .edu email, then they let in high school kids, then they let in everyone.

Now I'm part of everyone and haven't been on Facebook for over a decade, and have never owned a smart phone, and am an alcoholic.
>>
>>7387200
>yfw you're countries only contributions to cuisine are deep fired chocolate and and offal packed into a sheeps stomach
>>
>>7388242
Scotland makes good liquor at least.
>>
>>7388228
/ck/ needs flags
>>
>>7388271

That would turn this board into 100% shitposting.
>>
desu, California cuisine is pretty much Immigrant cuisine. Also, Asada fries
>>
>>7387255
>>
Americans favourite topic of conversation: America.

All of the fast food shill threads (with the exception of McD and KFC) are for corporations that only operate within America.

Ban America and the fast food threads disappear and the Food & Cooking board might be about actual food and cooking.
Losing the American youtube ecelebs would be the icing on the cake.

I'm completely right.
>>
>>7388291

*All English speaking non-American's favourite [sic] topic of conversation: America.

Fast food and youtube ecelebs are cancer, but yuropoor and 'strayan hours are almost nothing but shitposting, and still have just as much fast food and e-celebrity garbage.
>>
>>7388299
>amerilards are actually this much in denial

Can't wait til russia and china roll over you fat fucks.
>>
>>7388299
>All English speaking non-American's favourite [sic] topic of conversation: America.
lol. You wish.
>yuropoor and 'strayan hours are almost nothing but shitposting, and still have just as much fast food and e-celebrity garbage.
What hours are Australian and European hours? Are you online during those hours? Are you Australian or European? Link to one Australian or European e-cleb thread. Just one.
>>
>>7388316
I'm sorry our prosperity has offended you, Muhammad.
>>
>>7388320
>americans
>prosperous

lol
>>
>>7388319

>link to one australian or european e-cleb thread

Just look through the catalog for a jack thread...
>>
File: Emilia Clarke laughs and snorts.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
Emilia Clarke laughs and snorts.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>7388320
>prosperity
>16.3 trillion dollar national debt
>>
>>7388320
>freedom
>predetermined 'election'
you're getting hillary whether you like it or not.
>>
File: chef-keller-4.jpg (81 KB, 1024x604) Image search: [Google]
chef-keller-4.jpg
81 KB, 1024x604
Thomas Keller would like a word with you.
>>
File: 1403388002634.jpg (36 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
1403388002634.jpg
36 KB, 640x432
>>7388323
>>7388324
>>7388332
>foreigner tears

I guess the semen rations didn't come this week.
>>
>>7388324
>Just look through the catalog
not your personal catalog look-througher

isn't jack american? i just ignore those stupid threads.
>>
chicano food
>>
>>7387255
Chicago pizza?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.