[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is needing to preheat just a myth?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: stove.jpg (94 KB, 909x1024) Image search: [Google]
stove.jpg
94 KB, 909x1024
Is needing to preheat just a myth?
>>
>>7386066
Nope.
You can't cook, can you?
>>
>>7386066
holy wew lad, have you ever even touched an oven before?
>>
only if the bake time is very short, such as the case of cookies or muffins.

10-20 minutes.

i don't give a fuck about pre-heating if i'm baking something that'll take 2-3 hours.
>>
Preheating is absolutely necessary for things like pastries

For cooking baked macaroni, not so much
>>
Why not just keep your oven always preheated?
>>
>>7386066
No it isn't, and there's an easy way you can prove it. Make a batch of cookie dough or muffin batter or something and divide it between two trays. Turn your oven on to the right temperature and put one tray in right away, and bake it. Then, once the oven is at the right temperature and has been at that temperature for 10 minutes or so, put the other tray in and bake it; then compare the two. The one that went into the preheated oven is going to turn out WAY better, with the difference being larger the more delicate the thing you're baking is.
>>
>>7386101
Because that would be retarded.
>>
>>7386066
I never preheat and dont notice any difference in taste.
>>
>>7386094
>>7386100
this

for frozen pizza, you're ok
>>
>>7386218
Get a load of this non-cooking faggot.
>>
>>7386066
For pizza and casseroles I never pre-heat, just add a couple minutes to cook time and it comes out the same.
I haven't done it with cakes and cookies tho.
>>
I sometimes put my bread dough on the second rise in the oven while it preheats. It turns out really good and gets real puffy.
>>
>>7386101
- electricity bills
- your kitchen would always be hot af
- you'd probably burn your house down or at least break your oven
>>
>>7386094
What could you possibly bake for 3 hrs? A brick?
>>
>>7387188
Have you never made a thanksgiving turkey or other holiday meat dish?
>>
>>7387188
Roasts, anything that you're braising, stuff like that.
>>
>>7387219
Yes but I don't bake Turkey - I roast it, roasts I braise.
If you bake or roast then pre-heating is the way to go - the reason you do that is because the temp of the food stuff you put in the oven brings the temp down ans baked items and roasted items wont brown properly, If your braising then no big deal
>>
>>7386271

Negatron niggeroni.

I've had the sides of pizza droop down between the grate that way. Preheat it.
>>
>>7386066
Preheating the oven is a Jewish conspiracy to keep the Holocaust in the public mind.
>>
>>7388480
nice one bro
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.