[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you usually cook sausage? I used to only grill or pan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: greenPorkSausage-320x320.jpg (22 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
greenPorkSausage-320x320.jpg
22 KB, 320x320
How do you usually cook sausage? I used to only grill or pan fry it but recently tried poking holes in it and boiling it in either water, beer, or cola. Boiling is really good, I never knew it.
>>
When I make bratwurst, I usually simmer them in some beer and then sear them in a pan just before serving.

The supermarket I go to makes some really good fresh polish sausage and I sometimes get a couple of those, cut them up with some red potatoes, onions, bell peppers and garlic then toss it all with some olive oil and creole seasoning and roast it until everything is browned.
>>
Boil then grill for sear. Simmer in beer and onions if not served immediately
>>
Totally depends on the sausage.
>>
>>7386043
I've never had bratwurst, it isn't popular here. The only kind I've seen is Johnsonville, are those acceptable?

>>7386050
It's a hot Cajun sausage I get from a little meat market.
>>
>>7386057
Johnsonville are decent enough as far as bratwurst goes, though I'm sure some butthurt fedoracore neckbeard will jump into this thread and shit all over it for not being "muh authentic special snowflake german heritage" sausage.
>>
>>7386057
If you've never hat a bratwurst you've never had a hotdog.
>>
>>7386063
Being German it's no big deal. Everybody knows Nuremberg Bratwurst which have the size of an erected Japanese penis. Actually it's quite common in Nuremberg to boil them in onion and wine instead of grilling them. Therefore: Check your heritage, neckbeards.
>>
>>7386063
As long as Johnsonville gets the point across I'm fine trying them. I'm not very picky most of the time, I'll eat a hotdog if its there for me. I just never think to buy bratwurst because literally no one eats them here.
>>
>>7386035
Sear, then indirectly heat.

The entire concept of a good sausage is to make them with the perfect ratio of fat to meat, and then to slowly render that fat to flavor the meat and make it juicy as fuck inside the casing.

Too much heat can burst the casing, which means you lose your fat and dry out your sausage. Small holes to let steam out is find, and some even cut an X in the ends.

Searing first is safer, imo, as you stand a lower risk of potentially overcooking it. I sear, then finish in a pan of kraut, or peppers, or whatever that is simmering.

YMMV
>>
I've been vacuum sealing mine and then boiling them so the juices can't escape, then searing.

Makes my italian sausage come out tender and juicy, like my grandmother used to make. No idea how she did it.
>>
>>7386444
I bet she didn't meme seal them like a bitch
>>
Slice and pan fry, I like a little cancer char
>>
>>7386057
Johnsonville brats are low-tier at best.
If you can find a supermarket that makes their own brats, get those instead. They'll cost less and generally be 10x better than Johnsonville.

As for cooking, I made them on a charcoal grill for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Fucking EPIC. I had no idea they could be that tasty.
>>
>>7386035
Sear both sides then add beer and simmer until done.
>>
>>7386035
Very simply.
Heat up a cast iron skillet, throw a little water on it, throw the sausage on it and be done with it. Rotate the fucker after a few minutes.

It's nothing complicated.
>>
>>7386035
I don't.
A decent sausage doesn't need cooking.
>>
>>7387361
Yer mum thought that last night.
>>
>>7386035
Microwave it for a minute or two to cook it then fry until browned and I toss in some pepper or paprika to pretend I'm cooking
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.