[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Fish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1352750129587.jpg (78 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1352750129587.jpg
78 KB, 720x540
What's the tastiest and easiest to cook type of fish for someone losing weight?

I like salmon but it's not always easy to find here
Also I've no idea how to cook it because it needs to be sort of rare

Keep in mind I don't have a grill, only pans and an oven (it has a "grill" but it sucks)
>>
>>7385945
Salmon or tilapia are my top picks. Tilapia is good since it has almost no flavor by itself but it makes more work for you seasoning-wise. I can eat salmon with a sprinkle of salt and some oil, pan cooked. Tilapia is also fairly cheap. You can probably find filets somewhere near you.
>>
>>7385945
>tastiest and easiest to cook
My vote would be a tuna steak. They take about 60 seconds to cook and have a satisfying meaty texture. They are delicious with just a little cajun seasoning.

The only downside is the price
>>
Why cook a fish when a smoked canned mackerel tastes way better than anything you could do at home with a fresh fish
>>
>>7385945
Who are these boys
>>
>>7386011
Just some boys I found on /hm/ I think
Or maybe /fit/
>>
>>7386017
>I found on /hm/
heh
>>
Barramundi
>>
Salmon is a bit fatty compared to most fish, so it can be well done and still be fine. Oven for 30 minutes and then top with lemon and dill.
>>
Try cod. Very neutral taste and great for weight loss. I just pan grill it and eat with veg.
>>
>>7386081

How big a piece of salmon are you cooking where it's not completely dry as fuck chewing on lip smacking sand after 30 minutes?
>>
File: natures candy.jpg (471 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
natures candy.jpg
471 KB, 1500x1125
>>
>>7386166
Isn't that full of salt?
Not very good for losing weight I'd imagine

Although I guess a substitute for "fish and a salad" is just a salad with a can of tuna in it
But I also want to learn how to cook fish
>>
>>7386189
It's pretty easy. You put it in the pan with a little fat, or you put it the oven with a little fat. Wanna make a salad? Cook and toss with vegetables. Want to make a casserole? Assemble the ingredients and bake.

Simple as shit son.
>>
>>7386189
Salt might bloat you, but if you're talking about fat loss (and you should be) then salt will have no impact.

If you ask dumb questions like that, you really should be on /fit/ and not /ck/ to talk about weight loss.
>>
>>7385945
Catfish. While best fried, you can sprinkle some lemon and pepper seasoning on catfish filets and bake them.
>>
>>7386161
I eat about a pound at a time. But yeah, maybe it should be more like 20-30 minutes at 325. With the higher end being if the fish is straight from the fridge
>>
>>7386017
What is /hm/
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.