[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: meme food and what you think of it. Pork belly. Every basic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
ITT: meme food and what you think of it.

Pork belly. Every basic gastropub has it. Most do a deceny job, and even though it's overdone, I still find it delicious when done right.
>>
>>7384255
You call it meme food because you've noticed that the "normies" have began to recognize it. You reject them before they can reject you, thus it becomes a "meme" food.
>>
>>7384255
>a pile of fat and skin
>>
File: 1417261579967.jpg (23 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
1417261579967.jpg
23 KB, 263x263
>>7384272
Why would anyone care what normies think?
>>
>>7384255
>meme food
how about you fuck off
>>
>>7384273
So... Delicious, right?
>>
File: Best Stop Cracklin2.jpg (123 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
Best Stop Cracklin2.jpg
123 KB, 700x525
Why not just eat cracklins? There's a great hole in the wall on my way to my grandparents in Loui that do it absolutely top tier. Coat em in hot sauce if the Cajun spices isn't enoigh, and eat them while they're still hot.
You know they're made well when they come in a double layered brown bag that's soaked with grease.
>>
>>7384255
so does meme just mean popular now?
>>
>>7384293
holy shit pls send some to straya
>>
File: Pork-Belly.jpg (213 KB, 639x413) Image search: [Google]
Pork-Belly.jpg
213 KB, 639x413
>>
>>7384293
Sometimes it's easy to forget why the South has the highest obesity in the nation.

Imagine if they had places like this on every corner in the north. We'd all be ham planets.
>>
>meme food
>literally one of the oldest cuts of meat in history
>>
>>7384279

You care what they think, that's why you call them "normies". Because you've been rejected your whole life by "normies" so you've created a label for everyone you assume will reject you. That's why when a food gets popular, you downplay it and call it a "meme" food, to preemptively hurt someone before they can hurt you.
>>
>>7384375
great theory, professor. I'm sure you know me better than I know myself.
>>
>>7384426
seems that way yeah. not the guy you called "professor", btw. just an objective bystander.
>>
>>7384369
The south didn't have the highest obesity rate - nor did the United States for that matter - not until the huge influx of Mexicans.
>>
File: movin on up.jpg (17 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
movin on up.jpg
17 KB, 320x320
>>7384426
I'm thinking he hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>7384426
He says, defensively.
>>
On the same subject: Chicken Wings. Cant stand my mom's melted sugar rub but I am too much of a sucker at any bar that offers world famous wings even though the sole novelty factor is what sauces they put on their wings
>>
>>7384255
Braise a slab of that shit in chinese master stock for a couple hours, refrigirate with a weight placed on it to condense it. Cut into squares, dust in corn flour and deep fry untill crispy. Serve drenched in a chilli caramel and a side of thai herb apple slaw swimming in nouc cham.
Resist jizzing in you manties.
>>
Pork belly isn't a meme food.
>>
>>7384443
>Americans aren't fat it's the Mexicans
t. Amerifat
>>
>>7384426

>BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>T
>F
>O

nerddd
>>
>>7384623

>he doesn't sous vide his pork belly for 48 hours before braising in the liquid of his choice and searing on a flat top to order

still sounds good, though.
>>
>>7384659
>to order
I dont have sous vide technology at home my captain.
But yeh it is damn good, crispy, sticky and fatty, sooo fucking rich
>>
>>7384426
Is it possible to get this booty blasted?
>>
>>7384659
Clearly you don't either. Why would you sous vide for 2 days first of all. Its completely unnecessary and then to braise it after the fact is ridiculous. Unless you don't really know what braise means and why isn't the "braising liquid" in the bag while its in the immersion circulator? Sounds like a guy who doesn't know what he is taking about trying to act like he does.
>>
>>7384293
one of those chunks is covered in pig hair i feel fucking sick
>>
>>7384788
That's how you know it's fresh.
>>
>>7384756

you're completely unnecessary and ridiculous. you sous vide it with a simple brine and then bring braising liquid up to temp, drain any liquid from teh bags, and throw the pork and any congealed fat from after it was cooled down in an ice bath in with it for about an hour to infuse extra flavors into the belly. strain and reduce the braising liquid and make a jus or whatever.

or you can just go from the immersion circulator to the flat top and it's delicious. sounds like a fag who doesn't even sous vide for 2 days
>>
>>7384255
Hi OP, I used to eat this long time ago, made by an old chinese man. He died and took the recipe with him... the pic you share looks like the one he cooked.
Any idea how it's done?
>>
>>7384279
>normie
Not everyone in here is a weaboo faggot, you fucking child molester.
>>
>>7384889
Thanks for proving you have no idea what you are talking about.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.