[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did people discover truffles without overlooking it and thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (301 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
301 KB, 1600x1064
How did people discover truffles without overlooking it and thinking it was a pile of dung?
>>
>>7384125
They probably saw animals eating them and figured that they would try them out
>>
>>7384125
Animals dug them up and ate them, doofus.
>>
File: 1451924609794.jpg (45 KB, 640x534) Image search: [Google]
1451924609794.jpg
45 KB, 640x534
>>7384133
>>7384134
Dat hivemind
>>
>>7384125
>>7384125
dung doesn't grow underground near tree roots.
>>
Check out the anon's thread about aioli. Small truffle convo going on there. The flavour is just sublime. Like the embodiment of the papa j9hn's garlic sauce but in mushroom form.
>>
>>7384125
Probably the same way people in general found about that tapping a maple tree for syrup yielded some good stuff. Sometimes they watched what animals ate and ate the same stuff knowing that it wasn't poisonous.

I'm sure that it didn't work all the time, but it sure as hell worked a lot of the time.

Who would really back in the olden days think of eating sap from a tree?
>>
>>7384133
>>7384134
Animals also dig up and eat poop though
>>
>>7384433

black truffle is the most overrated thing ever, m8.. i mean they're good, but there's a reason they're cheaper than the white variety.

however, oregon has some pretty good truffles and i'm quite excited to work with them when they come into season soon
>>
>>7384675
Humans have found some pretty good uses for dung. There's even a coffee that gets passed through jungle cats. Supposedly it's world class shit coffee.
>>
>>7384675
Durr, cave men couldn't tell the difference between shit and shinola.
>>
>>7384641
vegans
>>
>>7384703
I suspect that it was the same thing for meat, all of it developed over tens of thousands of years or hundreds or thousands of years. When a group sees someone drop dead after eating something then they tend not to eat it anymore otherwise they're going to drop dead too and some other group will take over.
>>
>>7384125
Desperation and a hell of a lot of hope.
>>
>>7384684

>black truffle is the most overrated thing ever, m8.. i mean they're good, but there's a reason they're cheaper than the white variety.

you are a fucking moron
>>
>>7384125

Same way the french found out that eating snails and crabs and frogs was a smart thing

niggas put just about anything in their mouths
>>
>>7385090
Fucking this

>So hungry
>eat dung shaped mushroom
>don't get sick or die
>repeat
>>
File: 1450621502859.jpg (206 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450621502859.jpg
206 KB, 1000x1000
>>7384145
>common sense
>hive mind
>>
>>7385926
u jealous ? where are you from ?
>>
Do truffles grow all around the world? I know a couple of oaks around in my city...
>>
>>7385980
I m not sure all around the world but in a lot of countries, yes, but the flavour depends on where it grew.
The more the ground has elements the truffes need, the better it tastes.
China exports a lot of truffes but according to the majority of the chiefs, it doesnt have the same taste as the one you find in france or italy. its all about the ground
>inb4 you defend your country
>>
>>7386086
its all about the ground and the climate*
>>
>tastes slightly like chestnut and earth

Wow, it's nothing. Except a waste of money.
>>
>>7386148
have you ever tasted it before opening your cookfag mouth ?
>>
>>7386203
Aren't you busy activating your organic almonds?
>>
HUNGER
U
N
G
E
R
>>
I've never had one, but on the other hand if I acquired a taste for them I couldn't afford them, so maybe It's better if I never try them. I mean I'll never eat everything anyway before I die, may as well be cheap about it.
>>
>>7386258
You cant even answer my question... you are just ignorant dumb. stay in your ignorance
>>
>>7386262
So when is this and rekt finally going to die? It's on its last breath right?
>>
File: Nyelayd.png (6 KB, 423x98) Image search: [Google]
Nyelayd.png
6 KB, 423x98
>>7386293
>being so mad you can't even post straight

Top kek, enjoy your overpriced poo chestnuts.
>>
>>7386300
When you taste it, you will be able to jugde it.
Good bye, kid.
>>
>>7384125
honestly, what does it taste like /ck/?
no memes please.
>>
idk but I fucking love 'em. Too bad they're that expensive.
They're found near Italy in my country and have the same flavor as the northern italian ones (tried them too). Do american truffles taste different?
>>
The desire for sustenance you dumb piece of shit. How do you think most edible plants and fungi were found? You surely don't think truffles are anywhere close to a "new" food, do you?
>>
>>7386341
It's hard to put into words. It's slightly bitter, deep and earthy with notes of hazelnut, cocoa and dried fruit. It's so unique that you really have to smell and taste it yourself.
The market is flooded with low quality truffles and truffle flavoured products. The so-called summer truffles and Chinese truffles are bland and disappointing and the main reasons people dismiss truffles as a meme.
I have tried Beluga caviar a few times, and while it is very good, it's just not worth the money. Even though I can't afford to eat them that often, I find good truffles to be well worth the price.
If you have the chance to try PĂ©rigord truffle (Tuber melanosporum) or white truffle (Tuber magnatum), you will be in for a rare and memorable treat.
>>
>>7387056
Drunk poster detected.
>>
>>7386086
Well, I did some research and yeah there are grey truffles here.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.