[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there a better takeout restaurant than Cookout?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: cookout.jpg (57 KB, 535x400) Image search: [Google]
cookout.jpg
57 KB, 535x400
is there a better takeout restaurant than Cookout?
>>
>>7384081

The little Caribbean place in Toronto where I used to get rotis and doubles. Mona's Roti.
>>
>>7384085
i don't believe you
>>
>>7384081
>is there a better takeout restaurant than Cookout?
yes
but
>is there a better fast food restaurant than Cookout?
no

You gotta work on your terminology, OP.
>>
>>7384099
But roti and doubles are fast food.
>>
>>7384081

It looks like it would be similar to Backyard Burgers and hence inferior to Five Guys, In-n-Out etc.
>>
>>7384114
No, that's takeout.

>>7384122
It's half the price of Backyard Burgers and serves barbecue, chicken, hot dogs, etc.
>>
>>7384130
It's fast food. I can go into Mona's and get a roti faster than I can get a burger at Mickie Dees. How fast does food have to be before its fast food?
>>
>>7384165
Fast food implies it has a drive-thru.
>>
>>7384099
yes
>is there a better value for your dollar fast food restaurant than Cookout?
no

fixed
>>
>>7384165
It's not fast food unless the entire staff is made up of pimple faced teenagers and wrinkled retirees.
>>
>>7384177
The regional differences in fast food staff are pretty huge. I live in Atlanta and the entirety of the staff of fast food restaurants is made up of 25-40 year old black people, probably 80% of them women. When I lived in San Diego it was maybe 50/50 white teenagers and middle-aged latinos.
>>
>>7384169
KFC doesn't have a drive-thru, does that mean KFC isn't fast food? What about Subway, they don't have drive-thru?

Since when did fast food automatically imply a drive-thru?
>>
>>7384236
Every KFC I've ever seen around here has a drive-thru.

I've seen Subways with drive-thrus as well. They're not common, but they do exist.
>>
>>7384236
>KFC doesn't have a drive-thru
Yes they do
>What about Subway, they don't have drive-thru
I've seen some that do.

>Since when did fast food automatically imply a drive-thru?
Since people became lazier and are willing to wait 20 minutes in line as long as they're in the comfort of their own vehicle.
>>
>>7384251
The KFC in my town has no drive-thru. Does that mean its not fast food? So some KFC is fast food and some isn't, even though it's the same food off the same menu? Yes?

Nah. You're probably just wrong.
>>
>>7384245
I've never seen a drive thru KFC. Where do you live Anon? Ontario here.
>>
>>7384276
Texas, but KFC drive-thrus are all over the US.

Maybe the lack of drive-thru is just a Canada thing.
>>
>>7384286
So American KFC is fast food but Canadian KFC isn't?
>>
Mark my words
>>
I drove through the Carolinas recently and stopped at Cookout only because I remembered seeing threads on here about it and how stupidly cheap everything was.

It was thoroughly ok, I can't even remember what I got, I think it was a pulled pork sandwich? It was that unmemorable. It was some lightly sauced protein on a grocery-store hamburger bun with coleslaw, and came with hush puppies that were slightly overcooked.

The Oreo mint shake was pretty great though.
>>
>>7384292
It's still cooked/served quickly, regardless of whether it has a drive-thru or not, so it's still fast food.
>>
>>7384303

But the place in Toronto where I used to go for roti serves the food fast as well, and other anon says that's not fast food. Why?
>>
>>7384081
Cookout is literally overpriced disgusting shakes and mediocre food. Never once been to a cookout that I left satisfied.
>>
>>7384315
If it's cooked and served quickly, it's fast food.
>>
>>7384381
Ok. I thought I was right and other anon was wrong. Thank you.
>>
>>7384081
after having been there exactly one time i can say with absolute confidence that no, there is not.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.