[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I eat a lot of rice. It's a cheap staple food and I love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
So I eat a lot of rice. It's a cheap staple food and I love it, especially because I'm a broke college student.

Thing is I don't really know how to make it better. Usually I just add a bit of onion and carrot, or just eat it plain.

So any of you fags have cool tips to spice up my rice?
>>
>>7383006
Add spices.
>>
How bout putting in some tomato sauce/puree and beans when you cook the rice?

You can also try white rice them adding some lime juice and coriander
>>
Spanakorizo
>>
Crack an egg or two into the rice right after it's done cooking and stir it around. The heat from the rice cooks the egg.

One I like to do is to cook the rice in veggie stock and coconut milk, then add a little bit of lime juice after the rice is cooked. Mix in some kidney beans too.
>>
File: heinz-ketchup-rice-600-13232.jpg (35 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
heinz-ketchup-rice-600-13232.jpg
35 KB, 600x399
View rice as either a blank slate, or a food that is meant to compliment something else.

Start studying dishes and not only what goes hand in hand with rice, but why.

Then the world is your oyster, dear anon.
>>
>>7383181
Ok, following that logic, my most commom meal is usually grilled chicken + steamed brocolli + plain rice

What can I add to rice that would go hand in hand with this?

Oh and I also add a ton of Tabasco on the chicken, because spice is life
>>
>>7383197
Young anon, you have not yet begun to grasp my logic.

Don't stare at a blank canvas, but ask the brush what it wants to paint.
>>
Add some soy sauce and vegetables, like beans or sprouts or whatever. Also cook more rice, so you can use the leftovers for fried rice.
>>
>>7383197

My way of thinking would be:

What's on hand? Leftover grilled chicken and rice.

OK, how have I seen those paired in the past? Burritos (or a dozen Mexican dishes), every Chinese dish, Wild rice soup, curry ... Curry!

Let's go for a curry inspired dish. Quick anon - what else is on hand?!
>>
>>7383223
Onions, garlic, Tabasco, some spices including saffron and some ginger, because ginger is life
>>
For savory dish add diced zukinni and cooking cream. It's a simple base for chicken dishes. Maybe some rissoto? Cook rice in stock (you can use instant cube stock if broke af), rissoto style, add small portions and stir a lot. Desert: cook rice in milk with shugar like poridge and flavour with cinamon or Nesquick instant chocolate drink.
>>
>>7383227
Perfect, bug-a-boo.

How about yogurt or pineapple?
>>
>>7383006
add butter when it's cooking
>>
>>7383006
1/2 coconut milk
turmeric
curry powder
ginger

fish sauce
soy sauce
ginger
>>
>>7383006
if you aren't already using vegetable/chicken stock instead of water, you should do that.
>>
add one halved onion, cloves and a bay leave.

Or:
Brown uncooked rice in little vegetable oil, ad chopped onions and garlic. Stir, then add chicken stock. Cook and some tomato puree and beans.

Or for something fancy:
Cook rice, add turmeric, raisins and sliced almonds. Add butter and stir.
>>
>All that fancy shit
Just throw cooked rice on frying pan with some oil and add bunch of eggs with some spices
Then mix this shit and voilĂ !
>>
>>7383006
cook it with chicken broth for some flavor.
>>
>>7383006
Soy sauce. Careful though, it's addictive
>>
File: IMG_5744.jpg (498 KB, 1382x1843) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5744.jpg
498 KB, 1382x1843
>>7383036
Never heard of this, looks hella good
>>
as a piece of shit chicano i recommend tomato sauce.
>>
>>7383643
It looks like the inside of spanakopita without the cheese
>>
>>7383643
It's good simple cheap and quick. The starch makes for a creamy sauce and the lemon finishes it off well.

Mum made it frequently.
>>
well, with leftover rice you could make crispy rice, like persian rice.
>>
>>7383006
Have you tried soy sauce?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.