[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can I do with an avocado, besides guacamole, to make an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: avocado-heart-400x400.jpg (111 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
avocado-heart-400x400.jpg
111 KB, 400x400
What can I do with an avocado, besides guacamole, to make an easy and tasty snack or meal? Thanks.
>>
It's a delicious piece of fruit.

Eat it.
>>
>>7382642
Just plain?
>>
>>7382664
Just add it to any sandwich you make

That and guacomole are pretty much all I use my avocados on
>>
>>7382633

You could make some guacamole. Avocados are good for that. It can be used as a tasty snack or added with a meal.
>>
>>7382664
You can sprinkle salt on top.
>>
File: avo_egg.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
avo_egg.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>7382633
>>
>>7382664
i would add a touch of salt or perhaps a sandwich with avocado and tomato.
OR eat it with shrimp and rhode island sauce
>>
>>7382738

always found this really kind of redundant
>>
also avocado and vinegar-based hotsauce is pretty good too.
>>
>>7382748
How so?
>>
>>7382633
Advocacy on toast.

Add salt and lime to the avocado and mash with butter before spreading.
>>
>>7382633
cube it with a little salt and lime and just eat it that way, so fucking good
>>
File: 20160211_231641.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160211_231641.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>7382814
This, plus make it a real sandwich.

Avocado with a bit of salt is one of the finest sandwich spreads ever.
>>
>>7382854
Same Anon /ck/ook; got any recipes? Please!
>>
>>7382807

both are pretty mild and fatty, putting the egg into the avocado just creates a larger mass of flab for me

a smaller amount of the avocado, the egg, some citrus, maybe some more pungent ingredients like tomatoes or garlic or whatever, and bread, and then you've got a good combo
>>
>>7382633

Spank it when it gets disobedient.
>>
Yo throw a dollup of plain yogurt in the middle with some chives
>>
File: image.gif (551 KB, 405x205) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
551 KB, 405x205
>>7382884
That actually sounds like a good use for using the rest of the Avocado once you've consumed most of it's flesh.

Thanks Anon.
>>
>>7382633
Bacon Lettuce Avocado and Tomato sandwich.

The BLAT. It's awesome.
>>
>>7382911
cyka blat
>>
>>7382929
Stay in lane.
>>
>>7382633
Makes a great addition to salad
>>
>>7382633
I like to mix half of one into my tuna salad.
>>
File: 1452355521922.jpg (47 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1452355521922.jpg
47 KB, 499x499
>>7382953
i want /d2g/ to leave
>>
>>7382738

just needs some bacon and sriracha-mayo for the ultimate meme-breakfast

also I'm predicting Texas Toast to be the next meme-food of 2016, screen cap this boys
>>
>>7383028
It's due for a comeback for sure

Good call
>>
>>7382664
Salt, black pepper.

Salt, lemon pepper.

Black pepper, lemon juice.

All of the above.
>>
its really nice in chicken soup
>>
Cucumber, lime juice, salt, maybe some fresh garlic if you can handle it. Makes a nice side dish for something spicy.
I agree that vinegar based hot sauces are great with avocados, make a buffalo-something sandwich with avocado.
Also its pretty good just smeared on toast, this is similar to guacamole though.
>>
I like to put it on a rice cracker with salt, pepper, and a slice of sharp cheddar for a simple snack.
>>
Those gigantic, pale green, Asian avocados are considerably sweeter than their Mexican ancestors and lend themselves nicely to dessert applications, such as cakes/frostings, smoothies and ice creams.

Mexican ones, however, aren't really good for a hell of a whole lot outside of guacamole, salads and as a topping for sandwiches/wraps, though I once had a spicy-sour soup made with tamarind paste served with bits of underripe avocado and green papaya in it. I don't remember if they were slices or chunks, though. I also don't recall if it was chicken, fish, prawns or some mix of meats.
Either way it was pretty delicious so I'd bet avocado bisque with a drizzle of garlic-chilli oil and a spritz of lemon would be nice.
>>
>>7382884
>egg
>fatty
wut
>>
>>7383102

the yolk is fatty and mild, the white just mild. either way that gelatinous texture doesn't really make for a satisfying addition to a large lump of avocado imo
>>
>>7382880
cook up a portabello mushroom in a pool of vinegar and lemon juice with some chili powder and a sprinkle of salt. flip occasionally to ensure even cooking.

makes a marinated mushroom in about 10min instead of a long soak for 45min.

---
take said mushroom and put it in a sandwich with grilled onions and of course, avocado. also arugula, lots and LOTS of arugula.
>>
>>7383028
>just needs some bacon and sriracha-mayo for the ultimate meme-breakfast
Honestly, this sounds pretty good. Bacon goes great with eggs and avocado and adds some texture variation. Mayo is pretty pointless but a vinegary hot sauce would be a good addition. Chipotle Tobasco maybe
>>
>>7382633

B.L.A.T. sandwich.

Bacon, lettuce, avocado, and tomato.
>>
Tacos

Just made a burrito with refried beans, salsa, and avocado.

Smoothies.

Google.
>>
>>7382633
Make chocolate avocado pudding.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.