[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slow cooker food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: fuckerupperofshit.jpg (97 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
fuckerupperofshit.jpg
97 KB, 500x376
Hey /ck/, I'm going to the store in a while and wondering if there's any slow cooker recipes / ingredients I can use en masse to make some decent meals?

/fit/ tier appreciated, but not required.
>>
>>7381838
gumbo
>chicken and/or shrimp
>smoked sausage
>celery
>onion
>pepper
>roux

chili
>beef
>beans if you want
>crushed tomato
>beer
>sausage if you want
>chilies

two of my favs
>>
>>7381838
>/fit/ tier appreciated

So boiled unseasoned meat then?
>>
beans

salt
>>
Any kind of tough, fibrous meat especially with bones. Chicken thighs and drumsticks, lamb neck bones, beef chuck, pork shoulder etc

Root vegetables like potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, turnips. Barley is another good starch to use.

Bay leaves, tomato paste, red wine.

You want to avoid ingredients that overcook easily or are only good at a certain level of doneness.
>>
I suggest cooking a whole chicken Once a week. Buy a frier, the kind that come with a little brine. Drain, rinse, dry and season it like you would a roast chicken. Then just stick it in the crock pot breast down. Cook on high for 4 hrs, or low for 8. Chicken is ready when it falls apart when you take it out.
>>
>>7381838
Beef bourguignon can be made in a slow cooker.

Same with beef stew or chicken tikka masala.
>>
>>7382070
No it can't, you need enough heat to brown the meat
>>
File: 1455220171726.gif (2 MB, 448x352) Image search: [Google]
1455220171726.gif
2 MB, 448x352
>>7382089
you brown it before you throw it in the cooker you daft cunt.
>>
>>7382100
/fit/ doesn't know that though

/fit/ buys a slow cooker and asks /ck/ to spoon feed it
you really think /fit/ is going to figure out that you need a vintage perfectly seasoned de buyer mineral B to pre-brown the meat before le bourguiguiguignoneguinon?

is this like your first day ever on this orang ulu lute-plucking forum?
>>
>>7381850
deep fryer fat fuck detected
>>
>>7382123

You sound like a working class chump. I bet you thought it would be a great "investment", how you would wake up to a warm, healthy breakfast to start off your long day. Maybe, you even had a couple thoughts about all the other nifty little uses you could find for the thing, how it would help you cook healthier meals in general, shed a couple pounds off the old gut, boost your confidence around work and with the ladies. Yeah, maybe that slow cooker would start your life cooking again, wouldn't it? I can see your strained hands holding the box and reading through it carefully at the store. A little bit pricey, but you're the type of guy who thinks everything is more than you can spend, aren't you. And look what happened to you. Look what the slow cooker did to you. Fucked you over, and made you clean it like a useless bitch. You don't even fucking like oatmeal. Piece of shit, you've been repeating those three words your whole life, haven't you. Yeah, how was work after that piece of shit fucked you over? I bet it was on your mind the whole day, you probably didn't say shit to nobody. Can't be telling people about your mistakes. How your little fix yourself plan, failed you. Don't want people to start thinking you're the failure. You're the piece of shit, all along. You don't want that do you? You don't want to be the piece of shit everybody secretly whispers about, do you? Was your father a piece of shit like you? I bet he never had a slow cooker. He had a woman, a house, a damn good job. I bet it's slow cooking you the fuck alive, isn't it. Comparing yourself to him. How one day when all the steam runs our of your life, you'll discover how you're nothing more than burnt shit to be scrapped off and thrown in the trash.
>>
>>7383054
Oh snap
>>
File: IMG_20160216_230216.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160216_230216.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Really easy one: sun-dried tomatoes and chicken pilaf

Just made this as my first slow cooker recipe today. Only takes 2.5 hours in the cooker
>pic related

If you Google the recipe it's pretty much the first hit
>>
>>7383054
Oh man, it's been awhile but this is still perfect
>>
>>7381838
budgetbytes com
category/recipes/slow-cooker/
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.