[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are your secrets to a great pancake? also post pancake recipes ty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: bombasspancake.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
bombasspancake.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
what are your secrets to a great pancake? also post pancake recipes ty
>>
for american style thick pancakes i just take
200g flour
200ml milk
1 eggyolk
salt, sugar, vanilla, baking powder
and add the beaten eggwhite after like 30min to fluff it up. then bake them with some butter. keeping the batter nice and thick results in nice >2cm pancaces
>>
I just want to know how to make moist pancakes.
>>
>>7381864
add syrup you dunce
>>
>>7381864
You want to mix the batter only enough to mix the wet and dry ingredients. The more you mix it, the more gluten is formed. That's wonderful for baguettes but awful for pancakes.
>>
Why eat Pancakes when you can have waffles? I'm not trying to be a dick but the crunch factor in waffles is just far more enjoyable than Flapjacks.
>>
I have a great recipe!
>Make pancake batter
>add in extra ingredients like bananas and chocolate chips
>make waffles instead!
>profit???
>>
>>7381912
Fuck off don't talk shit about flapjacks.
>>
>>7381909
Thanks.
>>
>>7381831
The problem I have with pancakes is that no matter what recipe I use, they turn out rubbery. I want a soft delicate texture that I get when at restaurants. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>>7382170
You may be overbeating the batter. When they say there should be lumps, they mean it.

You may be using bread flour or AP flour which has a higher protein content, this is desirable for kneaded baked breads but not pancakes. Try using cake flour for the fluffiest flavor.

Using cultured buttermilk instead of milk can also contribute to a fluffier texture.

Higher quality saturated fats such as those found in milk and butter (rather than canola oil or whatever) gives a better texture.

Restaurants may be using various dough conditioners that you can sometimes find in box mixes (Barefoot Contessa comes to mind). You can also order these conditioners off a website like King Arthur. But I suggest trying all of the above before you get into powders.
>>
>>7382170
2nd overbearing the batter. Leave lumps the size of peas.
>>
>>7381912
Not everyone has a waffle iron
>>
>>7381831
I realized the problem I had was cooking them on too high a heat. Solving that helped a lot.
>>
>>7381831
2 cup flour (I usually use wheat)
2 eggs
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
1 3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter

Mix the dry components. Melt the butter, add butter and egg to dry mixture. Then add milk. Allow to sit 10 minutes while heating pan. Enjoy
>>
>>7381909
Thanks Alton.
>>
Ricotta or buttermilk makes them extra fluffy.
>>
>>7381847
>American style
>g, ml
It won't turn out right unless you measure in freedom units.
>>
>>7381831
For Paleo friendly pancakes for one
2 ripe bananas smashed to a paste
2 whisked eggs
and some cinnamon to taste

Cook them in a bit of coconut oil and use honey instead of syrup if you are a person who eat Paleo and if not throw some syrup on that bitch. I have heard vanilla goes goo in them too but if I want extra flavor I add like some strawberries or blue berries.
>>
The best pancakes are just flour, salt and liquid. Get some flour. Add a dash of salt. Stir in milk and/or water if you're feeling cheap until it makes a batter of an appropriate consistency. Fry in butter.
>>
Best pancake recipe evar!
http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/ultimate-fluffy-pancakes-secret-recipe.html?m=1
>>
>>7381831
The secret is pancakes are for children and the disabled, their mcdonald's breakfast league shit. crepes are for adults.
>>
>>7383939
Crepes are pancakes.
>>
>>7383944
Crepes are crepes. Pancakes are pancakes.
>>
>>7383971
Crepes are crepes, which are pancakes.
>>
>>7383975
Then why are they called crepes, smart ass?
>>
>>7383981
To distinguish what type of pancake they are.
>>
>>7381912
>Why eat Pancakes when you can have waffles? I'm not trying to be a dick but the crunch factor in waffles is just far more enjoyable than Flapjacks.
This. The texture of a waffle is just so much more balanced.
The only reason to have pancakes is for mix-ins that don't work out as well in the waffle iron, such as gooey ripe bananas or raspberries. Even chocolate chips affect the crisping of a waffle, though nuts do not.

Good pancakes include sourdough and buttermilk. I like a whole wheat pancake with sweet potato or pumpkin added. A boxty is great for filling with a chicken and mushroom filling.

My secret for a latke is some precooked chilled potato to grate with a bit of onion (same as with good hash browns, have to plan ahead).
>>
>>7383982
Wrong
>>
>>7383996
OK. Think what you want to think.
>>
>>7383971
Ok there, Satsuki Kiryƫin.
>>
>>7384009
I already do that. So does everyone else. Sheesh. No wonder you think other random foods are all the same.
>>
File: parade.jpg (41 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
parade.jpg
41 KB, 480x320
>>7383939
>>7383944
>>7383971
>>7383975
>>7383981
>>7383982
>>7383996
>>7384009
>>7384028
Autists on parade.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.