[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
meatballs!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: Cheese Stuffed Baked Meatballs.jpg (116 KB, 600x922) Image search: [Google]
Cheese Stuffed Baked Meatballs.jpg
116 KB, 600x922
give me your very best 'balls recipes.
>>
>get some mince meat
>make balls out of it
>add preferred spices or nothing at all
>apply high heat in any form
>enjoy your meat balls
>>
File: 2016-02-09-beartato-meatballs.png (140 KB, 800x1028) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-09-beartato-meatballs.png
140 KB, 800x1028
>>7381695
>Still making the meat into balls.
>>
>>7381695
You gotta use a bread and milk slurry and you gotta fry them hoes
>>
>meatballs
>anything but bolognese
plebs
>>
I'll post these again, they are so damn amazing.

---
2 cups cooked lentils, pureed

2 large eggs, lightly beaten

2/3 cup plain breadcrumbs

1/2 cup fresh ricotta

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 1/2 teaspoon chopped parsley

Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

Canola oil for frying

Marinara sauce, optional

Add all ingredients to a deep bowl. Mix very well, using hands or a wooden spoon. Cover and refrigerate for two hours or overnight.

When ready to cook, shape mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls. Heat about 1/2-inch of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium flame. Add shaped “meatballs” and cook until browned all around, turning only once. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and let excess drain off. Add to simmering marinara sauce if serving immediately, or store in a tightly covered container up to three days.
>>
>>7382917

Thank you for these!
>>
>>7382917
I would use 50/50 lentils/polenta mix, but otherwise yeah that sounds tastier than Lisa Cuddy.
>>
>>7382958
Change it if you like, but as it is written, the recipe comes out almost exactly like traditional meatballs.
>>
>>7382917
and a thanks from me too, going to try these next week.
>>
>>7382204
confirmed for not knowing meat-a-balls
>>
bread crumbs
ground sirloin
eggs
parmesan
parsley
oregano

ez pz
>>
File: asdf.gif (2 MB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
asdf.gif
2 MB, 300x203
>>7383070
you forgot the whole milk to soak your breadcrumbs in before mixing you stupid cunt.

...and the salt/garlic.
>>
meatballs + basmati rice + peppercream sauce
>>
>>7381695
1:1 ground pork & ground beef
eggs
rye bread processed to bread crumbs
minced onions, sautéed until golden
milk
salt
pepper
thyme
oregano
basil
fish sauce
>>
>>7383126
forgot
parsley
grated parm reg
>>
Stale bread chunks (2 bakery loaves worth)
ground beef (5+lbs)
parsley (whole "bunch")
10-20 cloves of garlic
5-6 eggs
grated parmesan
S+P to taste

Soak the bread in water/milk and squeeze out excess. Mix well and shallow fry in batches until golden brown all around.

Make a homemade red sauce heavy on the oregano and thyme to pair with these.

There are people who come to my house and beg my mother teach them how to make these step by step. They never do it right...
>>
Eggyolk
minced meat, beef and pork mixed 50/50
onion
salt and pepper

Why complicate things?
>>
File: knigsberger_klopse-3.jpg (131 KB, 373x373) Image search: [Google]
knigsberger_klopse-3.jpg
131 KB, 373x373
This is my absolute favorite recipe:

Use veal mince or pork and beef mince mixed.
Mix with eggs, breadcrumbs, white pepper, chopped anchovies, chopped onions and salt. Shape the mass into little balls.
Heat water with little bit vinegar, cloves, allspice. Let the water and spices sit for a bit. Reheat water again and let the meatballs simmer until done. Don't let the water cook!

Make a roux, add cream and the broth from the meatballs. Add the meatballs with capers and simmer for a bit. The sauce should be savory and slightly sour.
Serve over boiled potatoes and with whatever vegetables you like
>>
>>7381695
I never have an exact recipe for meatballs, I just know I like them more on the meaty side. I just
>Get ground beef, usually about 4 pounds due to how many people I cook for
>At least 2 cups of breadcrumbs, sometimes it's more.
>Eyeball some powdered Parmesan.
>Salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and oregano
>2 eggs
>mix
>Cook them on cast iron stove.
I've tried putting things like fresh garlic and onion but I find it just makes it harder to form into a ball and prevents it from browning.

I do the same thing with meatloaf, but I add a big ass portion of veggies that I blend in the food processor, then cook that before adding it in.
>>
>>7383758
you should mix in some ground pork.
>>
File: goodfellas-hero-2.jpg (23 KB, 587x330) Image search: [Google]
goodfellas-hero-2.jpg
23 KB, 587x330
Three kinds of meat in the meatballs. Veal, beef, and pork. You got to have pork. That's the flavor.
>>
>>7383070
>ground sirloin
not using veal/pork/beef mix
pleb
>>
>>7381695
Soup meatballs

1/2 lb ground turkey
1/2 lb ground pork
1/4 lb anise and parika sausage
1/4 lb white blood sausage
1 clove of garlic
1 sprig parsley
1 egg
Soft Breadcrumbs as needed
1 tbs pine nuts

Mix that shit together and form into balls. Add balls to soup and cook until done.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>7381695

I WANT THAT MEATBALL GIVE ME THAT MEAAAATBAAL
>>
File: 1443568241570.jpg (39 KB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
1443568241570.jpg
39 KB, 540x404
>>7387087
please stop. that shit has genuinely given me nightmares.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.