[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chinese hot pot???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: 000111.jpg (17 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
000111.jpg
17 KB, 318x159
I'm planning on trying to do a Chinese style hot pot at home for some friends from my class. I'm looking for some essentials and useful techniques. This hot pot meal is to impress my student council president btw. Please help me.
>>
>>7381319
>I'm planning on trying to do a Chinese style hot pot at home for some friends from my class
>This hot pot meal is to impress my student council president btw. Please help me

Literally living an anime. Bring me into your world
>>
>>7381328
haha. No. I'm just wondering if I can use a crockpot filled with chicken stock? Or will this truly embarrass me in front of the rest of our student council forever?
>>
>>7381319
Cabbage napa
beef
chicken
enoki mushroom
noodles
fresh shrimp

go to the store and use Little Sheep brand hotpot mix.
>>
>>7381338
Yeah, don't do that man. That's bad.
>>
>>7381339
i'm on amazon right now. thank you! How do I cut the meat so thin tho?
>>
>>7381338
>Or will this truly embarrass me in front of the rest of our student council forever?
I want in. I am NOT fucking joking. Give me you cell or location or something, I want to hang out with anime girls while we get into student council shenanigans and do our best.
>>
>>7381352
Our student council president is from a very wealthy family. He is also the most popular student at my school. It's taken me this long to even make it onto the student council. I'm totally in the friend zone with our secretary of treasury. A total babe btw. This is my only chance, Senpai. Please stop making light of the matter. Seriously.
>>
>>7381338
>chicken stock?

Whenever I make hotpot, I season my water with Knorr Stockpot. You should try it.
>>
>>7381363
Use your anime main character super power to win his favor by saving his life or something. As for the treasurer, she secretly lusts for you but is too shy to say it. I'm guessing red head? The world revolves around you anon, I simply want to be along for the ride when the plot gets good.
>>
>>7381368
hahaha. No. She has blue grayish hair. She only has eyes for the prez. But the vice president does have a crush on me, except she's a giant gross fat fuck. I don't have an asian grocery near me is the main problem, fellows.
>>
>>7381377
>She has blue grayish hair. She only has eyes for the prez
Ah, I get it. She's one of those silver haired strong, emotionless types. And you just think she likes the pres, she's actually after you but you don't realize it because he seems so cool. Classic storyline. Keep me posted MC, text me when any new plot details come forth. What is your power by the way? Mind control, freezing time?
>>
>>7381383
I just want to make the best hot pot I can with current savings, Anon. This is the only superpower my life requires at the moment.
>>
>>7381392
Maybe yours hasn't been revealed yet. I'm getting in on the ground floor, cool. When you randomly get a super power from some crazy magic girl, watch out, shit is about to hit the fan. I would love to give you cooking lessons and help you prepare your meal though MC, just give me your address and let me hang out with your harem and date the one you find least valuable.
>>
>>7381400
hahahaha. My life for you is some type of fantasy. Fine. But my life is not an anime. My life is continually filled with struggle. Girls don't look twice a guy at guy in a wheel chair for any positive reason. I'm a pathetic mess. But this hot pot could change all that. NOW. HOW DO I SLICE THE MEAT SO THIN?
>>
Kill the president and wear his skin.
>>
>>7381411
so the hot pot is for his flesh? go on...
>>
>>7381345
You buy it that way or semi-freeze it to cut it.
>>
>>7381417
thank you! how would i freeze the corpse of my prez tho? Do i need an industrial slicer for the meat?
>>
>>7381338
Just go to the Asian market. seriously.

The hot plate is like $15-20. A pack of 4 butane or whatever canisters is $5

The meat is there already sliced and the seafood and bbroth mix ...
>>
>>7381421
You put the item of choice in the freezer and wait.

Industrial slicers are $1000s. Cheap shit is shit.
>>
>>7381424
there is no asian market near me. I am also in a wheel chair and do not drive. Looking for ways to make this work in my current situation. An asian grocery would solve many of my problems right now.
>>
>>7381406
You'll be out of that wheelchair soon enough when some attractive witch realizes your destiny. Chin up, your story is about to unfold.
>>
also proper dipping sauces?? This will be my defining moment, Anon.
>>
poison the president and tell him "next time you're dead" in private. When he complains about that people will see you and think the president is out of his mind. You win.
>>
>>7381458
I've done this. This hot pot dinner is an act of good will to further manipulate the rest of the council and gain the full favor of the secretary of treasury.
>>
THIS HOT POT MUST BE ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, ANONS!
>>
>>7381454
soy sauce garlic ginger

chinese spicy mustard, maybe your kraft yellow mustard can do it if you mix it with sriracha.
>>
>>7381454
if you like spice, chop up some chillies and garlic then mix into soy sauce, makes the best dip (pic related)

if you're gonna use meat, put it in the freezer for 30 mins so it firms up and you can slice it thinly so it cooks quickly

mushrooms are great in a hot pot

chicken stock will be fine, keep it in a rice cooker to keep everything hot. put the lid back on when you add each round of food and wait until it boils then take the lid off and dig in

maybe have some rice or noodles in a big bowl as well
>>
File: hotpot cny.jpg (209 KB, 1712x963) Image search: [Google]
hotpot cny.jpg
209 KB, 1712x963
>>7381478
forgot pic

if you like sour, you can add vinegar to the dip as well

you can do it anon!
>>
>>7381479
thank you, anon. This will win their favor. Surely. Surely it must! hahahaha
>>
>>7381483
I'm sure they will appreciate your effort!

don't forget to have some fresh fruit or ice cream for dessert after
>>
File: mochiicecream1[1].jpg (205 KB, 600x415) Image search: [Google]
mochiicecream1[1].jpg
205 KB, 600x415
>>7381487
go full weeb with
>>
>>7381506
I thought we were past the glory days of boxes with olden mystical Asian-style text.
>>
>>7381506
mmmm. made in the usa.
>>
>>7381516
Nope and this brand is the best for the price. $3-4

>>7381526
Yes and?
>>
>>7381345
If there is a Korean market near you, you can buy the meat already sliced like that.
>>
>>7381424
Mine cost $120. It's all fancy with induction heating and all that.
>>
File: 0011111.jpg (161 KB, 1102x1500) Image search: [Google]
0011111.jpg
161 KB, 1102x1500
how important is this stuff btw?
>>
shabu sahbu is super asian in that youre all sharing one pot, and if your guests are sucking on their chopsticks there's gonna be germs galore.
>>
>>7381605
not sure if troll or ignorant about chinese japanese
>>
>asians throwing a bunch of shit in a pot with broth and cooking it
>difference
arr rook same
>>
>>7381621
so you're saying a nice pot roast would impress just as well?
>>
>>7381605
there should be serving scoops
>>
>>7381706
Shabu Shabu Hot Pot Strainer Scoops
>>
>>7381706
god damnit, anon, I do not have enough allowance saved up for fucking multiple serving scoops!! More headaches for this very important meeting!
>>
kek this thread

>>7381565
my favorite part of hot pot desu. That shit is good.
>>
>>7381319
go to a good European restaurant, ask to, for having the gay chef and somalier, rape your stupid ass for 5 hours, to get 500ml of the beef stock, then throw in your stupid anime in there.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Make something like that anon, had that a fee months ago, pretty good. Also get a fair amount of sauced. Soy sauce and some sliced chilli is a good start but add some minxed garlic, some sesame sauce and stuff. Make sure to put it all in seperate bowla ao they can mox and match their own sauces to their liking.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>7381774
Fuck wrong imae, meant to post this one instead, my bad.
>>
>>7381781
Missing from image was a fair amount of sliced kurobuta pork belly and other cuts.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.