[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good foods for a cold? I'm in that congested phase where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1446159728339.jpg (10 KB, 312x335) Image search: [Google]
1446159728339.jpg
10 KB, 312x335
Good foods for a cold? I'm in that congested phase where my nose runs like a waterfall and I feel like I'm going to sneeze every 5 seconds but nothing happens. Goddammit!
>>
>>7049979
spicy ramen with 2 types of garlic: raw garlic, and sautéed garlic and eggy

-make ramen and add as toppings:
add a pat of butter (non salted if possible)
1 hard boiled egg
about a WHOLE garlic (use half for raw and half for cooked) (use at least 3/4ths if you want to get over your cold)
something to make it spicy-it must be spicy in order to cure you you know, sweat out your toxins, burn off your infection (thats what fevers do)

drink lots of water and mineral (sparkling) water

remember the meme:
starve a fever feed a cold

also if u brown asian just get spicy pho add garlic
>>
>>7049979
whiskey
>>
>>7050050
Close.

Hot toddy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_toddy
>>
>>7050050
even if you might be joking, there are people out there who actually think drinking hard liquor will help them fight off a cold and it is beyond retarded
>>
>>7050185
They are meant to provide relief to cold symptoms, and are perfectly fine and effective, as long as he keeps hydrated.

How about you stop being a stuffy little faggot and fuck off?
>>
>>7050200
>muh alcoholism
There are much better ways to provide relief for cold symptoms that don't suppress your immune response and with a much lower diuretic effect.

You might as well tell the guy to 420 blaze it, because that's basically what you sound like, but for your booze.
>>
>>7050231
>better ways
less fun is less better
you can make a citrus tea with herbs and dose it with a small amount of liquor that isn't going to have a large effect on fluid digestion or immune system response and will help quite a bit with many other symptoms
over all - fuck off prudewaddle
>>
>>7050231
It didn't become a folk remedy for no good reason, and really, though I drink like hell and never get sick, if I ever did, I would have a hot toddy or some whisky, just like all the generations before me who know the relief and comfort it can provide.

You can Google whatever you like and find something to corroborate your beliefs with science. The weekly pop-sci toss up, what a fucking laugh.

Drink your cough syrup, or whatever. Tiny doses of powerful dissociative drugs mixed in with garbage to make kids throw up if they try to have fun with it. Godspeed.
>>
>>7050066
Dont be a bitch
>>
>>7050231
Fagggggoooot
>>
>>7049979
CHICKEN
FUCKING
BROTH
>>
soup
>>
File: 1446279639893.jpg (13 KB, 263x338) Image search: [Google]
1446279639893.jpg
13 KB, 263x338
spicy food and bland carbs, friend, as much fruit juice as you can keep down two for your vit c game

remember to elevate your head when you sleep too! it'll help your sinuses drain
i always huff vaporub from a bowl full of boiled water with a towel over my head when i'm horrible stuffy, it makes you smell like a grandpa but you probably cant smell much right now so it doesnt matter that much.

i was you on monday, and tonight i can breathe through my nose enough to sleep fine and the cough is almost passed
>>
>>7050363
>two
i meant too

i think i need to go to bed
>>
>>7049979
I was feeling like shit in the midst of a busy week and asked a guy from Burma for something good when sick that I could pick up on my way home one night. I got some white fish and shrimp soup - light broth, but a little salty and heavy on garlic, basil, citrus, and chili pepper - with rice. It did the same trick as chicken soup, maybe a little better with the garlic, citrus, and chili. Anyway, it is now one of my favorites in order to vary things up when I feel like crap, though I typically leave out the shrimp. A typical Thai hot and sour soup would be close.
>>
File: shin_ramyun1.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
shin_ramyun1.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
>>7049979
One of these with a bottle of Franks clears me right up
>>
>>7050363
congrats brother on feeling better. Thanks for the advice. I'm still in the middle of this shit. Ate some prepackaged spicy thai noodle shit. Worked out pretty well.
>>
>>7049979

Warm lemonade with a shot of whisky. Sip until you're well.
>>
>>7050413
this, also really good for migraines as I suffer them chronically (5 a wk average, sometimes a wk long straight)
>>
Huge fan of Hot and Sour soup when I'm getting sick.
>>
>>7050200
Yeah, what a great idea to use something that will make you heal slower as a relief.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.