[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone got a legit recipe to make Chipotle-tier rice? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: cilantro-lime-rice[1].jpg (90 KB, 630x395) Image search: [Google]
cilantro-lime-rice[1].jpg
90 KB, 630x395
Anyone got a legit recipe to make Chipotle-tier rice?

I've gotten pretty close by adding vegetable oil and lime juice mixed with cilantro to white rice, but I wonder if anyone here has found the perfect mixture yet?
>>
Anyone find it disconcerting to read "Chipotle-tier" in a sentence that makes it out to be a good thing?
>>
When I make cilantro lime rice, I usually heat up some oil in the pot, throw in a clove of minced garlic and let it cook for a a minute or so, dump in the rice and stir it around to let it brown a little bit, then dump in chicken stock and the zest of a lime, bring to a boil and then simmer it until done. Then I mix in some salt, pepper, the juice of the lime and some chopped cilantro right before serving.

No idea how it compares to Chipotle, but it's pretty tasty.
>>
>>7381005

Okay, let me be more concise:

Rice that tastes like rice you get at Chipotle.

There, good?
>>
>>7381005
It's good if you're into E. coli, norovirus or salmonella.
>>
File: chipotlerice.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
chipotlerice.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>7380998
Ask and ye shall receive
>>
>>7381114

So it's just basic white rice cooked with a bay leaf?

>citrus juice

Seems like a pretty shitty line recipe for a national chain.
>>
>>7380998
>tfw you move back from Asia and all the rice is terrible but all the meat is so much better and cheaper
>>
>>7381114
>confidential and proprietary information

oh boy
>>
>>7381142

>it's literally the most basic shit any line cook would think up
>>
>>7381133
There's no volume of soy oil, but yes, sounds like white rice cooked with bay leaves and oiled, then lime juice, cilantro and salt added.
>>
>>7381114
Is there a recipe for barbacoa or carnitas, or is that prepared somewhere else?
>>
>>7381148

For a third pan of rice I'd probably add around 2 tablespoons of oil; just enough to keep it from clumping together while it sits in the steam table all day.
>>
>>7381160
Have made this before, a little work but worth it. Pretty much better than only because oxtails

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/04/tender-beef-barbacoa-chipotle-tacos-recipe.html
>>
>>7381099
I find E.Coli brings a nice umami flavor to my dishes.
>>
>Literally the only thing that makes peopel go to your chain is that its supposed to be quality but cheap food
>Get people across the country sick because of terrible health standards
>Go out of business
>>
>>7381161

Also I'm drunk so might be wrong, but that recipe should be for around half a gallon of dry, long/medium grain white rice.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.