[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you buy regular or natural peanut butter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: peanut.jpg (323 KB, 1286x1714) Image search: [Google]
peanut.jpg
323 KB, 1286x1714
Do you buy regular or natural peanut butter?
>>
Natural in the sense that it only contains peanuts (and salt if I can't find it without it) but I don't bother with organic. I usually go with the store brand since it can be a dollar or more cheaper per jar and tastes just as good as the other brands.
>>
I usually end up buying the smucker's "natural" peanut butter since it's often on sale and is the cheapest peanut butter with only peanuts and salt.
>>
>>7380101
Natural.

I think I saw a while ago that Reese's makes a peanut butter and thinking about how salty and sugary a Reese's pb&j sandwich would be almost made me gag. Can't eat anything but that all natural shit now.
>>
Regular just tastes like candy
>>
File: calve-pindakaas-5-potten[1].jpg (70 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
calve-pindakaas-5-potten[1].jpg
70 KB, 600x600
the GOAT
>>
Choosy mothers choose Jif.
>>
I don't know if its natural or not but ever since I tried it I only get amish almond butter and it costs a boatload in comparison to normal PB so I'm gonna assume that shits all natural

>I've never read the nutrition facts
I don't plan to
>>
>>7380101

I buy bulk unsalted roasted peanuts and toss those bitches in the food processor as depicted in your pic.

No salt.
No sugar.

Good source of protein and healthy fats.
>>
Skippy or bust
>>
>>7380101
No, I buy peanuts, and if I want peanut butter I do what your image shows.

Buying pre-made natural peanut butter is a waste of money if you own a blender capable of making it for you, and a blender capable of making nut butter is the first appliance any home cook should acquire after a stove and oven.
>>
>>7380474
>nut butter
Peanuts are not a nut.
>>
>>7380497
A blender capable of making nut butter is capable of making peanut butter. There is no blender capable of making peanut butter that is incapable of making nut butter. Your little factoid is totally irrelevant to the point at hand.

Now go dip your sack in a blender and make some real nut butter.
>>
File: happy days.jpg (12 KB, 477x353) Image search: [Google]
happy days.jpg
12 KB, 477x353
>>7380517
I happen to like that factoid and I will continue to tell people. So sit on it.
>>
Is regular peanut butter not natural or something?

Is it made made by ghosts?
>>
I only eat powdered peanut butter because I'm trying to limit my calories. It's also tasty tho
>>
>>7380542
peanuts are culinary nuts though, like tomatoes are culinary vegetables
>>
>>7380547
Blacks made peanut butter. Not ghosts (kkk) like cracka supremacist try to steal
>>
File: naaaaaay.jpg (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
naaaaaay.jpg
20 KB, 320x240
>>7380542
>>
File: 11blenders.jpg (102 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
11blenders.jpg
102 KB, 630x420
>>7380101
Regular. Maybe I should try some next time I'm out.

>>7380517
What blender do you use? All the research I've ever read says that if want creamy nut butters it's a Vitamix or bust.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMnOqQFZXrQ
Even a Blendtec wants to choke on the task.

At least as far as whole peanuts go, they don't seem to be any cheaper per oz than the natural butter options.
>>
>tfw you've always wanted to try making your own honey roasted peanuts and then blending them into a butter.

>>7380547

Regular brands usually have added sugars, other oils, salt, and emulsifiers added.

True natural brands always consist of peanuts alone.
>>
>>7380602
A white guy from Canada invented peanut butter.
>>
>>7380610
Well, I do have a Vitamix, but I strongly doubt a Blendtec is incapable. Even a Nutribullet should be able to do it.

Peanuts are cheaper for weight than any factory made peanut butter where I am. Maybe it's regional, but I have trouble understanding how any region could have natural peanut butter cheaper when the process of making them into peanut butter costs the factory money. The benefits of bulk purchase are rapidly lost when labor and packaging is taken into account.
>>
Teddie is the only answer, for all time
>>
>>7380101

Last three jars have been made by me like in your picture. Using honey roasted peanuts and honey, ends up being too sweet. Tried just plain peanuts with salt and honey, it was too dry. And considering there is barely no price difference and a lot more work in making your own, I may start buying again, smuckers creamy natural(the kind you stir) with honey of course.
>>
>>7380610

God damn... thats a sad video to see a several hundred dollar blender requiring six stops before it ever begins to liquify.
>>
smooth/creamy >>>>>>>>>>> crunchy
>>
>>7380547
fuck I was eating spaghetti and you made me choke
>>
Regular smooth I do not like the texture of crunchy
>>
Alton Brown did a episode on how to make it

Have never went back to store bought since

>learn how to make jelly/jam
>learn how to make bread
>made from scratch peanut butter and jelly sammiches
>100000000000000x better than anything at the store

when I'm lazy, paying $2 for a sammich that doesn't take hours to prepare the ingredients for can be helpful but never beats home made
>>
>>7380169
>the GOAT
You have the wrong picture, pic related is what you mean.
>>
>>7382069
>actually less peanut content
>added dextrose
No thanks, senpai.
>>
>>7382486
Hmm, maybe I need to reassess my peanut butter brand choice.
>>
>>7382652
Regular Calve is fine actually, just the crunchy version is off and the light version is an abomination.
>>
>>7380439
>healthy fats
>2015
>Fat is good for you meme
Retard.
>>
>>7382747
What is HDL and LDL retard
>>
>>7380117
>this
It's like $7.50 for two large jars at BJs Wholesale. I hate having to stir it up, but once it's mixed I keep it in the fridge and it won't separate.
>>
>>7382819
Types of cholesterol?
>>
>>7380101
the best peanut butter of all time was the stuff in the large silver tube that they handed out with the gubment cheese
>>
>>7382874
>gubment cheese
When and where was this exactly?
>>
>>7382924
round the eighties, the gubment gave out commodities in addition to foodstamps, you had to stand on line for it and got a big ol hunk of yellow cheese and large tub of peanutbutter, and |I don't remember what if anything else
>>
>>7382931
oh, forgot the where, it was in the u.s. I was in oklahoma at the time but I think ti was a federal program
>>
>>7380101
There's a store near me with grinders that have different types of peanuts along with one each for almonds and cashews. That's my peanut butter. My wife eats JIF.
>>
>>7380114
same here senpai
>>
File: whole-foods-peanut-butter.jpg (95 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
whole-foods-peanut-butter.jpg
95 KB, 600x400
>>7380101
Why aren't you eating the nectar of the gods, /ck/?
>>
>>7382965
what does your wife's son eat?
>>
>>7380158

yes exctly

regular it is
>>
>>7380610
The Blendtec is doing just as well as the Vitamix. It's just that he had to stop the Blendtec to scrape the sides, while the Vitamix has a tamper to do it while it's still running.
>>
TEDDIE OR NOTHING YOU ASSHOLES
>>
>>7383461
She doesn't have any children. Neither do I.
>>
>>7382965
I wonder if those ever get cleaned.
>>
>>7382934
peter pan brand
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.