[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /ck/'s cooking ritual and why aren't you using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5
File: 23-thomas-pynchon.jpg (1 MB, 2200x3037) Image search: [Google]
23-thomas-pynchon.jpg
1 MB, 2200x3037
What is /ck/'s cooking ritual and why aren't you using this one?

>know about the science of diet and hunger
>know it is proven that fat people / retards will eat too much food because there is a lagtime between eating food and your brain realizing you are full
>be starting dinner
>start preparing main dish
>throw canned soup/etc in microwave while that is going on
>if really hungry eat ~100kcal of chips or other snack while soup cooks
>soup/etc comes out
>meanwhile main dish still cooking
>make drink while soup cools
>eat soup
>drink drink
>main meal cooked, transfer to plate
>clean up and put away soup dishes while it cools
>eat main dish, getting full multi-course flavor meal, minimizing calories and generally not being a disgusting human being
>>
This sounds like lonely NEET shit.
>>
>>7379768
I'm not autistic enough to have a ritual when I cook. I just get all the things I need and make it.
>>
Or you can live an active life style and eat normal and not do pants on head retarded shit like this
>>
>>7379768
Sounds like you're eating two meals instead of one and then doing mental gymnastics to pretend it is healthier this way.
>>
>>7379768
while i can't speak for a collective group of people i don't even know, it's because i, for one, am a normal, well-adjusted human being who doesn't need to ritualize a meal
>>
>>7379774
>>7379780
>>7379782
>I am fat and am defensive about my obesity-tier incorrect eating habits of stuffling my gullet with food enmasse at once

>>7379775
Sorry you are incredibly inefficient and lazy. Do you sit around twiddling your thumbs while waiting all the time?
>>
>>7379780
>every course in a multi-course meal is a seperate meal
based retardbro
>>
>>7379785
So much damage control.

Are you really this mad about people not duplicating your autistic cooking ritual?
>>
>>7379799
Sorry you're so behind the times you don't even know the proper way to eat food.

Must be an American, just shoving all the burgers he can fit in his mouth down his throat at once.
>>
>>7379803
Efficient would be you just eating Soylent.
>>
>>7379821
Efficient means making optimal use of your time, which you fail to do if you do not eat the first course as you cook the later ones.

Not being a disgusting fatlard means spacing out the food you eat instead of eating it all at once in one sitting.
>>
>>7379829
Ahh... that teenage angst, defiance and stubbornness. Be sure to tell your friends about your epic troll thread in school tomorrow.
>>
>>7379864
t. assblasted fatass
>>
Don't know about rituals, but I usually open a beer or a bottle of wine when in company and put some music.
>>
>>7379877
>underlining my statement

Good job, kid.
>>
My cooking ritual:

1 Acquire ingredients

2 Prepare food

3 Eat

No need for whatever autistic shit you came up with.
>>
>>7379768
Can't you just stop eating when you're know you've had a reasonable portion instead of having to trick your hindbrain?
>>
>>7380628
Actual clinically diagnosed autists like OP don't have that sort of self-control or comprehension
>>
>>7380638
dunning kruger effect strikes again
>>
File: 1398433910-2555_854_600[1].jpg (18 KB, 553x370) Image search: [Google]
1398433910-2555_854_600[1].jpg
18 KB, 553x370
>not eating 12-1500 calories in one meal once a day and chugging water the rest of the time
really the only way to lose weight
>>
>>7380628
>i know that my breaks don't work well, and that if i slam on them i need 1 second to stop instead of 0.3 seconds

>what?!?!! you suggest using my breaks over several seconds?
>LOL
>i'll just slam them on for 1.05 seconds
>>
>>7380676
Pray tell us what you think the Dunning Kruger effect is.
>>
>>7380687
It's where unskilled individuals such as yourself lack the self-awreness (more formally - metacognition)to realize how little you know

it is the embodiment of a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

you are that little knowledge
>>
>>7380685
You're gonna need better bait than that.
>>
File: franklin2color80.jpg (32 KB, 286x357) Image search: [Google]
franklin2color80.jpg
32 KB, 286x357
>>7380693
>this is the best defense /ck/ can muster to their objectively and scientifically incorrect methods of food consumption
>>
>>7379768
Because my home meals are single course and I sure as fuck don't consume canned soup.

Usually I steam vegetables on one burner while I fry some meat on another. The alternative is to be roasting a something in the oven and then throwing all the vegetables in the oven an hour before it's done. Either way, it constitutes a single course.
>>
>>7380692
Not quite, but close enough. Congratulations.
>>
>>7380722
>not quite
what is off
>>
>>7380676
We actually call it Asperger Syndrome in your case
>>
File: 1448441710262.png (660 KB, 709x462) Image search: [Google]
1448441710262.png
660 KB, 709x462
>/ck/ can't even eat food right

no wonder 'too many claories' is a meme you've all been eating incorrectly for your entire lives
>>
>>7380726
There's a hint of sanity that is surely out of place.
>>
>>7380726
The suggestion that the effect is the lack of people's understanding of their knowledge. The effect is the fact that people over rate their ability, the lack of knowledge about their own knowledge is a speculative and increasingly disputed causation of the effect.
>>
>>7380738
Sorry. I must be mysterious about it to seem better informed than I really am.
>>
>>7380751
>if I keep saying it, it'll get rid of my autism
>>
>>7379768
Fat people eat too much food because they have no self control.

If you cant tell when you've had enough to eat/a normal portion, and rely on signals from your body to tell you that, you must be some special kind of retard.
>>
>>7379768
>know about the science of diet and hunger

>throw canned soup/etc in microwave while that is going on

kek
>>
>>7379768
That just sounds like a real fatass way to cook
>>
>>7380798
this
>>
>OP is so fat that he requires a ritual just to not get fatter
>>
>>7380798
>>7380810
>canned things are bad
?
>>
>>7380815
>>7380806
>science proves fatasses eat in one sitting
>lol you're fat for not eating in one sitting

t. fatasses
>>
>>7381896
>grazing is good
>deer graze
>deer are thin
>human graze thin!
>>
>>7379768

>eat main dish, getting full multi-course flavor meal, minimizing calories and generally not being a disgusting human being

i don't understand how the fuck this is supposed to achieve that over just eating food normally. if you're already calorie counting what fucking problem does it solve.
>>
>>7381924
it saves time and maximizes the duration over which you eat a meal, which is the key to eating correctly
>>
I make a cup of green tea and cook my food,
then I eat my food, afterwards I wash the dishes
>>
>>7381928

no it doesn't do either of those things.
>>
>>7381936
yes, it does.

otherwise you sit around waiting while things cook
>>
>>7381951

i cannot fathom how incredibly retarded a person must be to think this makes sense.
>>
>>7381935
I grab a can of Diet Coke (I'm trying to watch my figure) and have the guy at McDonalds cook my food. Then I eat my food, afterwards I order more.
>>
>>7381955
he told you to cook part of your meal in a microwave of course he's fucking retarded
>>
>>7380682
>eating -1488 calories

So that's how the jews stayed so skinny in WWII...
>>
>>7379768
That is bullshit and im underweight
>>
>>7379768
OP, I don't think your ritual makes you retarded.

I think microwaving canned soup and acting like you're hot shit about your pleb meal makes you retarded.
>>
>>7379803

Damn, I wish I was so classy that I could enjoy me a real fancy dinner with chips for an appetizer and microwaved canned soup as a starter. Do you get out a couple of Kraft slices for your cheese course too?
>>
>>7379768
Why is this particular photo of Ruggles being posted goddamn everywhere right now?
>>
I haven't seen bait this effective since I worked at Dateline.
>>
This post is as bad or worse than that "fried egg spicemaster" OP.
>>
bump for further triggering
>>
File: 1454884862426.jpg (207 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
1454884862426.jpg
207 KB, 960x768
>>7381982

Oh wow that was pretty clever actually
>>
Get pinecone off my /ck/, I already have to see his ugly mug every time I go to /lit/

>Chips
>Soup
>Drink
>That sodium

But yeah, smaller "appetizer" like courses like soups and salads do help with gorging on entrees. Most people don't want to prepare one dinner, forget 3.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.