[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll be going to a fine steakhouse for dinner tonight /ck/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 1683x1115) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 1683x1115
I'll be going to a fine steakhouse for dinner tonight /ck/. What should I order?
>>
>>7379745
T-bone well done
>>
Chicken
>>
>>7379745
Post the menu so we can help you decide.
>>
>>7379745
Jelly beans... raw.
>>
plain pasta
>>
Porterhouse, Well done. Side of fries. Ask for a bottle of ketchup. Alternatively, tendies.
>>
chicken nuggets
>>
File: Unoriginalreply.jpg (11 KB, 160x315) Image search: [Google]
Unoriginalreply.jpg
11 KB, 160x315
>>7379749
Don't forget to drizzle on some good old pic related
>>
>>7379745
/ck/ tells me this 'grey banding of meat' is awful
why?
>>
>>7379837
Nuggers
>>
>>7379745
Fish, pasta, or just a salad
>>
beef wellington well done
>>
>>7379745
you should order 66. we all should order 66.
>>
>>7379745
Chicken tendies
>>
>>7379867

No, that level it's perfect imo

It's terrible when it's like 2/3rds grey, but this level is necessary to create the sear on the outside

Even steak cooked sous vide should be seared like this I think
>>
>>7379745
Bone-in ribeye medium rare with bone-marrow butter. Order the fresh oysters for an appetizer and the au gratin potatoes and brussel sprouts for sides.
>>
A salad, and then stand up on the table and berate every elderly person for not being a vegetarian.
>>
>>7380038
you can get away with a very very thin band with sous vide but need a very hot pan to accomplish it, i typically preheat my cast iron skillet in the oven to do mine.
>>
>>7379745
always go for surf and turf.

had one with a whole crayfish last time
>>
OP what's the website?
>>
>>7379860
omg.. I love mid rare, but I could see myself doing this if I knew I was going to troll someone hard.

>And how would you like that steak cooked sir?
>very well done please; and also, instead of the steak sauce, I would like a bottle of ketchup -- if you don't mind.
>>
>>7379745
Seriously that cow is still alive. How can you like that shit?
Cook it properly plis. Low fire, long time.
>>
>>7380094
For brunch on Valentines Day, I had a surf and turf Eggs Benedict with lobster and filet mignon that was absolutely divine
>>
order a steak
>>
>>7380042
You and I would get along at a dinner.
>>
50% PAH 50% edible
>>
If you get your steak and it is actually hot, throw it on the ground and walk out. If they don't know how to rest a steak who knows how all else that steak is fucked up.
>>
>>7379745
Do they have tendies? Tendies at a fine dining establishment are to die for. You can't miss out on them, even if you order them as a side.
>>
tendies and a salad, icecream if possible
>>
>>7379860
this isnt kfc senpai, this is a steak house... you need to look proper.
>>
calmari with no breading and a lot of lemons
>>
>>7379745

some fine steak.

and a house.
>>
>>7380778

Or maybe they trust you to rest it yourself
>>
File: terry-crews-feature-0215.jpg (111 KB, 1090x614) Image search: [Google]
terry-crews-feature-0215.jpg
111 KB, 1090x614
A sirloin steak. RAW.
>>
any cut of meat blood rare doused in A1, sides include baked potato jack daniels neat and the most delicious salad on hand
>>
>>7379867

well because that is well done meat.

if you think a little of that is desirable though, i agree with you, especially with a roasting joint or fattier steak. part of the reason i stopped sous viding steaks most of the time
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.