[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Supermarkets in the US
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: freezeraisle_lead.jpg (194 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
freezeraisle_lead.jpg
194 KB, 400x300
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFVXCmFWiEE

a whole section devoted to frozen pizza?

wowza
>>
File: Picard.jpg (48 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
Picard.jpg
48 KB, 540x405
In France they have stores that sell nothing but prefab frozen food.
>>
Probably a Supermarket in a poorer town. Poor people generally don't eat properly.
>>
File: 1449179263080.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1449179263080.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>all those jack's right before the 30 second mark

I'm 'murrican and I've never seen an entire aisle with nothing but frozen pizza.

At most you'll typically see 1/3 to 1/2 of one side of a freezer section devoted to pizza.
>>
>>7378135
>>7378122

Depends on the size of the store. It's not about "hurr durr amerifats" (although we are). It's about the face that Americans love and have been trained to love variety, but variety of ingredients and not true variety of foods. What makes it are things that are simple and cheap to produce, simple to prepare. Then you get to choose from that narrow band what seems to be an endless variety.

It's a goddamn shame but it's the American way. Look what the US has done to sushi. You can find sushi rolls stuffed with fried shrimp and covered in the 3 sauces.

And I like some of the sushi variety we get here.
>>
>>7378886
Self hating Americans are worse than shit posting foreigners.
>>
>>7378952
Yeah, that's an overly simplistic way of looking at what I wrote. But yeah I am not a dead eyed, mouth breathing, flag waving faggot either.

I will try to assume you aren't but you really didn't present a cogent argument. You resulted to insults.
>>
>dat sauce stuffed
fug
>>
>>7378129
go back to sucking your moms cock you fucking loser
>>
>>7378122
>a whole section devoted to frozen pizza?
because putting similar items in the same place is pants on head retarded?
or are you surprised the worlds largest economy with a population of over 200 million has a large selection of convenience food?
>>
>>7378128
>>7378122
i'm in canada
we have both of these
>>
>>7379027

Isn't everything frozen in Canada though?
>>
>>7378992
ass blasted poor piece of shit detected. use up this months welfare too quickly little guy?
>>
>>7379026
>largest

aka fattest
lelelelelelelelelelelellel
>>
>>7378122
European supermarkets have frozen pizza sections too.

wowza
>>
frozen pizza and frozen chinese are things I don't understand, because they are both so readily available and cheaper if you order delivery
>>
OP's country is poor. His mind cannot comprehend such things as refrigeration.
>>
>>7379290
Not always. Some people don't live in range of pizza/chinese restaurants that deliver and sometimes people want pizza or chinese food at times when those restaurants may not be open.
>>
>>7379290
In my experience frozen is nearly always cheaper than delivery. By a large margin.
>>
>>7378952
I was born in le wrong country ~~~
I love ACTUAL food unlike all my american colleagues
>>
>>7379290
>cheaper
What the fuck you talking about? Even the most expensive frozen pizzas are half the price of a take-away pizza.
>>
>>7379290
Frozen Pizza: 0.70€
Delivered Pizza: 3.50€
>>
the fuck
>>
>>7379335
yeah, delivery pizza is way the fuck more expensive, usually 3-4 times as expensive
>>
>>7380148

They probably buy the stupidly overpriced frozen pizzas, that are still obviously just frozen pizzas, instead of buying bottom shelf and adding their own anchovies.
>>
>>7379445
>Delivered Pizza: 3.50€
>>
Why do people pretend that frozen pizza is anywhere near as good as fresh delivery stuff? Even cheap delivery stuff?

The only plus to frozen pizza is that you have it and can make them whenever you want
>>
>>7380208
I'm not sure if anyone pretends that, I certainly don't.

I keep a couple of pizzas in the freezer because they're cheap and more convenient than delivery. They're certainly not better than really good quality pizza places, but they're decent enough for a fairly quick meal.
>>
>>7380208
Nobody thinks that. Everybody agrees unanimously that they are a lot cheaper.
>>
>>7378135
>I'm 'murrican and I've never seen an entire aisle with nothing but frozen pizza.
>At most you'll typically see 1/3 to 1/2 of one side of a freezer section devoted to pizza.
same. perhaps its because i'm not in flyover territory?
>>7379290
depending on quality, you can often find frozen pizzas as cheap as a buck or three. don't think i've ever seen more than 6 or 7. delivery/take out pizza is as cheap as 5 and as expensive as 14 or more depending on how high quality you go
>>
>>7380208
Nobody thinks that you ass. It's like 1/5 the price of delivery.
>>
>>7380247
>depending on quality

Depends on fucking nothing. In no circumstance is delivery cheaper than frozen pizza.
>>
>>7380263
you misread me anon, i was discussing the prices that both range in.
depending on how shitty you want to go, you get frozen pizza from 1-7
and with delivery/takeout you range from 5-14+
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.