[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
weight gain on the cheap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5
File: JSSmaDJ.gif (969 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
JSSmaDJ.gif
969 KB, 500x321
hey /ck/ my friend in canada is trying to build a weight gaining diet.....problem is the budget is only $25/week

Can you help?
recipes, foods to buy, etc?

even on such a tight budget, i dont want my friend eating terribly unhealthy stuff
pic unrelated
>>
Pasta and bread isn't too expensive, right? A lot of carbs will make you gain weight, unless you work out and get some muscle instead of fat.
>>
>>7378013
yeah thats on the list for this week; potatoes, bread, peanut butter and a meat

is carbs the best way? i know eating too many carbs can be unhealthy, I want them to gain wait not get sick, haha
>>
does he just want to fain nothing but fat? if so, you're on the right track.
>>
>>7378057
gain
>>
>>7378024
beans
>>
Stop lying OP you're that faggot who keeps coming here asking how to make your gf fatter
>>
File: tumblr_lk0euypTH41qi7itzo1_500.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lk0euypTH41qi7itzo1_500.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
>>7378010
>>
>>7378013
How do carbs make you fat? Carbs are carbs and fat is fat. Or am I missing something? Did Jesus turn carbs into fat like he turned water into wine?
>>
>>7378086
Every bit of energy conþainig food you eat first gets turned into simple sugars (carbs) if you cant use it right away it gets turned into meat-starch (also carbs), and because you cant store a lot of it the rest of simple sugars get turned into fats.
>>
>>7378088
Sounds strange but I guess I'll take your word for it.
>>
>>7378097
>I'll take your word for it

It's not like it's a mystery of the universe: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/happens-unburned-carbohydrates-2461.html
>>
>>7378097
It's basic biology man.

The reason why carb and protein rich diets are so effective is because they have to go through this process, which takes up energy. This mames them even less efficient at storing energy.
Fats contain looooots of energy and also some of them will sikp the whole thing and get stored unchanged right away
>>
>>7378086
Carbs don't make you fat.
>>
>>7378117
An excess of calories makes you fat.
Its immaterial which food groups this excess cones from.
Carbs can make you fat, retard.
>>
Oats you dumb faggot. I get mine for 69 cents a pound. You literally can't get cheaper than that.

Steel Cut is the best but takes a shitload of time to cook, old fashioned is also good.
>>
>>7378057
she wants to gain about 20 pounds of fat
>>7378081
kek, not me, that sounds hilarious though.
>>7378062
okay thanks.
i want to say she doesn't like beans, but maybe i can find some good recipes she can make

meat and beans is a good meal, right?
>>
>>7378125
oats??
oh wow
okay, thanks.

do you have any good recipes?
if it tastes like shit then she probably wont eat it.
>>
>>7378103
Thanx for the link.
>>7378112
Thanx for the explaination.
>>
>>7378242
Ignore him. Your friend doesnt want to get fit she wants to get fat
Fiber is bad to get fat.

Pasta, White Rice & Noodles are a go-to. it doesn't get cheaper.

It's just about eating even when you're not hungry.

Most /ck/ posters are fat people who can't relate to not having a big apetite but if she wants to gain weight she ought to hate food whilist bulking.

Fast food is good in your case too.
>>
>>7378010
>>7378239
Alright OP not sure why you would want to gain 20lb of fat but stay away from a pure sugar/refined carb diet because it is not nutrient dense and will make her feel shit.

You want a balance. Believe it or not fat is the best food to gain fat. Eggs, cheap meat, oils, dairy, these are your friends. And supplement that with bread, pasta, rice, whatever you want, but make the fats your base.

If you can get a good amount of mono unsaturated fat that would be better but I assume she doesn't actually give a shit about her health?
>>
>>7378242
>>7378125
This will be a terrible way to gain fat.

Pure carbs are not dense calories at all and eating nothing but that will just make you sick and because of how oats are slowly digested you wont even gain much fat.
>>
>>7378284
she wants tits and ass and shes presently underweight
>>7378293
mm, thank you
>>7378282
ahh i see, thank you anon.

yeah she rarely has an appetite so thats part of the problem.
>>
>>7378086
>>7378097
It shocks me that there are people this retarded on the planet who can still operate a computer

>>7378088
Nearly. All digestible food gets turned into glucose, not refined sugars. Glucose is then turned into fat or used as energy via insulin.

For a board about food you guys sure don't have a fucking clue about food.
>>
>>7378117
bait
>>
>>7378347
She does realize that by gaining weight in her tits and ass through fat, she's just going to end up with extra saggy tits and ass when she gets older, right?
>>
>>7378347
If she wants ass she should squat instead of trying to get fat.

Having fat ass is genetics. Some people unfortunately will only bulk on arms or stomach.

And boobs are even more genetics. You can make them fatter yes but they won't "grow" per say.

Unless your friend is skeleton mode she most likely won't bennefit from getting fat.
>>
>>7378846
She is skeleton mode
>>
>>7378846
>per say
You fucking colossal, ignorant, flyover, fuckwit retard.
>>
>>7378024
Dont worry haha you'll be fine haha just relax haha lol haha.
>>
>>7379175
Yeah its percy
>>
Let this jailmonkey show you the way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UyP9esxyw4
>>
File: mayo girl.jpg (242 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
mayo girl.jpg
242 KB, 1280x850
Easy peasy.
>>
>>7378010
This thread belongs on /fit/ however I would say, rice, sweet potatoes, peanut butter, bread, pasta, will make you gain weight
>>
>>7379232
Ayo
>>
>>7379909
Eyy! Ella! Mayo!
>>
>>7379892
yeah, but /fit/ is shit and /ck/ was more efficient
>>
>>7378024
I'm Canada too and I can honestly say if you cut meat from you're grocery shopping list you can buy a lot more shit. Meat is expensive as fuck
>>
>>7378082
remember: if you rub it on a piece of paper and it goes see-through it's your window to weight gain
>>
>>7380477
so how should she replace meat?
she loves meat
>>
>>7379892
>This thread belongs on /fit/
Why do you think that? OP is asking about food on the food & cooking board.

>someone is trying to gain weight rather than lose weight and this makes me feel bad about my own obesity problem
>plz go away so i don't have to think about it!! :(
>>
>>7378088
>conþainig
VOLCANO MONKEY LEAVE
>>
>>7380669
I actually think the opposite:
Weight gain threads belong on /ck/ - they're about eating lots of food
Weight loss threads belong on /fit/, because you don't eat as much
Simple
>>
>>7381715
How does someone even get in the position of wanting weight gain, but having to ask for help?

Do they not enjoy food?
I could tell you at least 50 things I'd love to eat, but I'm on a diet.
>>
>>7381715
>>7380669
>I've never heard of bulking
>>
>>7382338
>what 4chan thinks bulking is: being a fat fuck and shoving as much pizza down your throat as possible while still being able to (barely) breathe
>what 4chan thinks cutting is: being an anorexic shitlord that eats 3 leaves of iceberg lettuce with maca root powder while shitposting about the 5,3,2 diet

Pic related, a guy last week who thought he was "cutting"

Guys, can we stop trying to be nutrition experts here please? Exercise is fun, but none of you have actually tried it.
>>
>>7382338

Not everyone is a /fit/ fag, fatty.
>>
>>7382353
>>7382354
I'm just saying I agree that /fit/ would know how to gain weight cheaply.
>>
>>7379232

what a fatty.
>>
>>7378086
It doesn't matter what you eat, if you eat too much protein for example, the excess calories will be stored mostly as fat because fat is your bodies optimum fuel source (besides carbohydrates from food).
>>
SS + GOMAD
Seriously a gallon of milk a day. Also oats.
>>
>>7378010
your friend needs to start eating sandwiches with everything
on a 25$ budget it's probably advisable to make your own bread tho

brotip:
take one quarter of a baguette
toast, face down, but without pressing
rub with fresh tomato
salt and pepper
drizzle with olive oil
>>
>>7378010
Bread and peanut butter m8. Also you can get 1 dozen donuts for $1 sometimes.
>>
>>7382444
>rub with fresh tomato

What
>>
>>7382468
You don't want to actually eat the tomato, that would be such a waste and you wouldn't get to enjoy it after that
Just rub it down so you get the flavor, duh
>>
>>7382468
you cut a tomato in half and rub it into the toasted bread until the bread is all smeared in tomato flesh and seeds
like making garlic bread, but with tomato
>>
>>7382480
yeah it's ultimate poorfag food, you can use just one tomato for a whole baguette
people in Catalunya eat that stuff on the regular because they used to be poorer than dirt
>>
>>7382480
>You don't want to actually eat the tomato

Yes I do. And also WTF, both of you >>7382485
>>
>>7382500
google Pa Amb Tomàquet, you sad flyover kid
many people use garlic as well, I like it without
>>
GOMAD
>>
>>7382510

>europoor calling someone flyover for not knowing about their poverty tier food

Seriously though, why not just fucking slice the tomato?
>>
>>7382532
because tomato puree mixed with bits of bread is not the same as tomato slices?

also, not knowing is one thing. guffawing in disbelief when someone throws a legit recipe your way is quite another

also this is pretty hilarious, coming from a guy whose national food is mystery mince meat on a bun
>>
>>7382559

>rub a tomato and a baguette together
>a legit recipe
>>
>>7382568
it tastes just fine
don't make it if you don't want to... just stick to gobbling burgers and making the millionth Jack thread
>>
>>7382510
>not using garlic on anything that garlic can be used on
You have no right to be elitist to anyone.
>>
File: 1454381314585.png (45 KB, 174x174) Image search: [Google]
1454381314585.png
45 KB, 174x174
>>7382510
>not knowing about shitty spic peasant food makes you a flyover
>>
>>7382594
Jack is laughing all the way to the bank. /ck/ got cucked.
>>
>>7382649
not knowing is fine
not wanting to learn is rank stupidity
>>
>>7380481
In that case, better start drinking lots of water to make them gains
>>
>>7378010
Rice, beans, a little chicken, peanut butter
>>
>>7382690
Forgot the bread, but I doubt most people eat peanut butter with a spoon
>>
>>7382638
> garlic
> somehow elitist
pick one and stick with it, it's pretty much Tier 0 peasant food flavoring
ginger is _almost_ but not quite as pleb-tier
>>
>>7378112
>This mames

Ayyyyyy coño
>>
>>7378120
He didn't say can't, he said don't. You fucking idiot. Big difference.
>>
>>7382638
I have an allergy :(((
>>
>>7380576
Beans and some other source of fat like nuts
>>
File: abandon.gif (529 KB, 250x106) Image search: [Google]
abandon.gif
529 KB, 250x106
>>7382744
Carbs dont make you fat, retard.
An excess of calories makes you fat, regardless of where that excess comes from.
You are a stupid cunt who lacks reading comprehension, I await your damage control, Cunt.
>>
>>7381700
Died
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.