[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Food that has never been posted on /ck/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
Post pics of regional food that most likely has never been posted on /ck/ before.

Pic is Pasztecik Szczeciński (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasztecik_szczeci%C5%84ski) which is a fast food dish from my home town in Poland. When I was a kid, Poland didn't have western fast food joints but for some reason only in the town I'm from we had this place which was always packed. There were I believe only 2 or 3 locations back then and on weekends there was always a long lineup pretty much all day long. Unfortunately these days while open in more locations it seems like people no longer prefer it over McDicks or other fast food places so these restaurants are kinda quiet. Still, this is some of the best food I had as a kid and when I go back to visit my family in Poland I always must eat my share.

What is it exactly? It's a yeast dough (kinda like unsweet donut) that's stuffed with ground meat or these days a few different fillings. It's fried in a machine that spins it so it cooks on both sides. Traditionally served with hot clear borscht with a lot of pepper in it. I sometimes wonder how well this would sell in North America...
>>
There aren't that many places in the world left that are just now getting internet, OP.
>>
File: cosmic explorer.jpg (126 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
cosmic explorer.jpg
126 KB, 500x375
Tempoyak
>>
>>7377469
What are you talking about? I still don't have internet in my area, I had to stick a bunch of bees into a coffee can and put it on top the microwave to jack my motorola cell phone into the web so i could post this.

>flyover life
>>
> 6 AM in Poland
> posting on /ck/

Also, I bet you just wanted to post the name "Pasztecik Szczecinski".
>>
File: flyover.jpg (407 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
flyover.jpg
407 KB, 600x597
>>7377489

Yeah, but you also don't realize that whatever specialty foods you think are made in your area are actually specific to your area.

It's like Western Europeans who almost daily make posts about how kebabs are a specialty food from their particular country.

They're just ignorant, that's ignorant.
>>
>>7377491
I don't live in Poland any more.

Also the name, Pasztecik is a polish name for a sausage roll. This version is completely different, it used to only be sold in 1 city in the entire world, now I think they have locations in a few different cities. "Szczecinski" means "from Szczecin" or Stettin in German.
>>
>>7377510
Ebin burgerman meme bro

Seriously do you realise how stupid you are? No western European wants to claim the Kebab as a region specific dish
>>
>>7377539

>no western european wants to claim the kebab as a region specific dish

And yet it happens almost every day on /ck/.
>>
I once met a hot girl from Gdansk on the internet, I miss her and I wish I could have given her my Pasztecik
>>
>>7377510
Bullshit, no one else in the entire US makes pork chops. That is specific to my city, maybe even just my neighborhood. And if anyone else makes them, they are copying us and their chops are obviously of inferior quality and will probably cause erectile dysfunction.
>>
>>7377552
Not the other guy, but I'm going to rephrase:
No SANE western European wants to claim the Kebab as a region specific dish.

Obviously, there are all kinds of idiots on 4chan and /ck/.

Personally I have never noticed such a thread, though. Link one. Since you say they happen every day, there must be at least one around.
>>
>>7377589
I'm saying it is different claiming Muhammad's shop round the corner does mad good kebabs and claiming Britain is the birth place of kebab
>>
File: Martabak_toblerone.jpg (135 KB, 800x1067) Image search: [Google]
Martabak_toblerone.jpg
135 KB, 800x1067
I don't know if this has been posted here before (probably has) but I love Murtabak street vendors when I was young and visiting Indonesia.

It's more or less a stuffed pancake that has a slightly crunchy outside but an incredibly sponge-y interior. Like super sponge-y, not fluffy or airy but as close to a sponge consistency as you can get. Pretty much filled with anything but I mostly get the dessert kind which is filled with chocolate and crispy rice.
>>
File: 10-cook-bananas.jpg (216 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
10-cook-bananas.jpg
216 KB, 900x600
>>7377460
It has probably been posted here before, but isn't mentioned often.
I love pan fried banana. When I have bacon and eggs, I throw a banana in there and it comes out amazing. All my friends think it's weird, but they all like it.
>>
>>7377589
They claim it all the time on /int/
>>
>>7377645
OP here, Indonesia has so much awesome food that's somehow not as mainstream as Thai food. I have a friend from Indonesia and he took me to a few Indonesian restaurants to try the food which was amazing. I haven't visited him yet but he constantly tells me to come to Indonesia so I'll defo have to do that in the next few years.
>>
File: 1449179263080.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1449179263080.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
I think this is a new one
>>
>>7377460
So it's a corndog?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 470x313
Idk if this counts but I love petai bleachan.
>>
>>7377861
Corn dogs are not a yeast dough and are much denser. The filling inside is also not a hot-dog type that stays in tact, it's ground meat.

The general idea however is somewhat similar.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.