[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am gonna be in Brussels city centre for 4 days with a teacher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4
File: Belgium_1000.jpg (250 KB, 880x880) Image search: [Google]
Belgium_1000.jpg
250 KB, 880x880
am gonna be in Brussels city centre for 4 days with a teacher and some 10 more people to see stuff regarding the EU institutions.
am looking for places to eat, preferably cheap, and what to expect, whatever kind of food goes.
also am not an expert on beer by any means, so please suggest one or two weissbiers that I should try.
thnx and have a good day :)
>>
Belgian here, if you want cheap places you can go to a "friterie" which is some kind of snack where you can get a "mitraillette" (bread with meat and french fries) and some other belgian stuff (fricadelle, etc.). Regarding beer, you have so many of them that i cant help you ...
>>
File: hoegaarden.jpg (64 KB, 390x558) Image search: [Google]
hoegaarden.jpg
64 KB, 390x558
>>7377402
You have to clarify what 'cheap' is to you. Food truck? Greasy spoon with a few tables? Affordable restaurant?

Hoegaarden Original White Ale is easy to find and a really nice, consistent witbier.
St. Bernardus Witbier is outstanding and you can get it at Délirium Café which is a must to visit anyway. I would generally avoid all the tourist trap restaurants on the streets leading to Délirium though.

If you want to try a quadrupel style beer, go for the always excellent Trappistes Rochefort 10.
>>
>>7378619
cheap is less than €15 for a full meal
>>7378418
>Belgian here, if you want cheap places you can go to a "friterie"
how do I recognize one?
>>
File: streetfoodok-2.jpg (732 KB, 1359x900) Image search: [Google]
streetfoodok-2.jpg
732 KB, 1359x900
>>7378624
I don't really have restaurants to recommend at that price point.

Go to Tonton Garby for an incredible sandwich for about €5.
Exki is a good chain café selling 'healthy' convenience food like quiche, pasta, soup and sandwiches.
Mykonos on Rue du Marché aux Fromages sells awesome gyros that really hit the spot after a night of drinking.
Le Bistro Porte de Hal serves some basic but solid tastes of Belgium with mains priced at €12 - €18.
Friteries can be found pretty much anywhere and serve various tasty junk food.
>>
File: 1449063827447.jpg (335 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1449063827447.jpg
335 KB, 2000x1000
>>7377402
>EU institutions
>>
>>7378714

Is that the official Belgian fry eating stance or something?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.