[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some great devices that make preparing meals simple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1455374683228.jpg (522 KB, 3000x2001) Image search: [Google]
1455374683228.jpg
522 KB, 3000x2001
What are some great devices that make preparing meals simple and easy?

So far, I have:
>Rice cooker for perfectly cooked rice and a lot more
>Egg boiler for perfectly hard-boiled eggs I can take with me to work
>Slow cooker for lots of random and delicious stuff

... What else can I add to my armory? I need to prepare a lot of food and I'm easy to please. I'm just now learning about the magical world of spices.
>>
>>7376616
>needing unitaskers this much
>>
>>7376616
>egg boiler
uwotm8? how is that any more effecient than just boiling them in a small pan? also what's wrong with soft boled?

>slow cooker
those things pretty much only have two settings, overcooked and really overcooked
>>
>>7376616
>spending money on a fancy contraption to cook your rice
>spending money on a fancy contraption to boil your eggs

Both of these things take less than 10 minutes in an ordinary sauce pan. You're lazy, I get it.
>>
>>7376616 Ptilait ?
>>
>>7376616
A phone, to call Pizza Hut.
>>
File: 1419673686463.jpg (127 KB, 300x316) Image search: [Google]
1419673686463.jpg
127 KB, 300x316
>>7376616
I hear a stove, with appropriate equipment, can boil water for pasta, fry eggs, saute onions, and make pancakes.

Protip: some models come with an oven which can bake things.
>>
>>7376693
Nahh rice cookers make perfect rice everytime. They never stick to the bottom of the pan, and are extremely easy to clean.

Idk asianbro here so I've always had a rice cooker on hand but it's literally the only appliance other than a blender than I keep in my kitchen.

Might splurge on a waffle iron one day cuz muh shape but that's about it.
>>
>all these /ck/ elite snobs giving anon shit
We get it. You went to culinary school. Aren't you all top shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 640x640
>>7377426
We have had this exact thread hundreds of fucking times.
Honestly, its your fault for expecting otherwise
>>
>>7377467

It would be nice if more people were able to tell the difference between self moderation and shitposting.
>>
>>7377528
https://youtu.be/FgFeVlw2Ywg
>>
>>7377531

>alton once again being based when doing non fn shit
>>
I was thinking of getting an electric kettle for my room because the kitchen is a public area that I don't care to stick around in longer than I have to and I'd like to drink more tea.
>>
>>7377560
get a hot plate instead, then you can have tea and ramen/soup/chili/anything you'd cook on a stovetop
>>
>>7377570
Eh, I feel like that's too much culinary freedom. Plus, more dishes to do.
>>
>>7377570
still need a kettle. electric plates take forever to heat up, and water takes forever to boil in a pan. all in all you're probably waiting like 6 minutes for some boiling water, which a kettle would do in like 90 seconds.
>>
>>7377592
what kind of lifestyle do you lead where you'd put water on to boil then just stop everything and do nothing for the six or so minutes it takes to boil?
>>
>>7377598

Tea drinking bongs, and displaced tea drinking bongs.

I stopped trying to understand their reasoning years ago.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.