[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone remember the thread from about a month ago where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: finnish race.png (13 KB, 195x202) Image search: [Google]
finnish race.png
13 KB, 195x202
Does anyone remember the thread from about a month ago where we were complaining about how bad this place had gotten and we decided to try to make it a better place? Does it seem to anyone else that the shitposting has only gotten worse since then? I can't be the only one.
>>
There have been meta-threads every few weeks since I first came here in 2006. I have no idea which one you mean.

It is physically impossible for this place to get "better" in the way you describe. The only way it could happen is if hiroshima could figure out who is under 18 and magically eliminate them without destroying anonymity. This of course is not possible.

If you don't like this place, you can spend less time here.
>>
>>7376551
I don't think underage fags are the problem. Plenty of over opinionated/divisive posters are obviously 18.

/ck/ is too casual to be a great board. Not enough devoted users to form a long-lived board culture.
>>
i wish we were allowed one ja/ck/ thread

i fucking love that shit

jack ban makes me not want to come here
>>
>>7376551
>It is physically impossible for this place to get "better" in the way you describe. The only way it could happen is if hiroshima could figure out who is under 18 and magically eliminate them without destroying anonymity.

...Or mods who do literally anything. Are you aware there are boards where blatant shitposting and bait threads get deleted? And that the level of shitposting even in those boards would be considered unacceptable on most other sites?
>>
>>7376684

Jack and Joey shit is exactly what the OP is talking about.
>>
>>7376551
>There have been meta-threads every few weeks since I first came here in 2006. I have no idea which one you mean.

I meant the one where people were literally talking about jumping ship to Reddit.
>>
>>7376700
I must have missed that one.

I find it strange how some people here claim to strongly identify with this or that website.

I've been browsing reddit since maybe 2010, I post more on 4chan because I'm tinfoil hat but there is nothing wrong with reddit.

Honestly I should spend way less time here but it's addictive to be able to fire off a post with no thought as to having it come back to haunt my future employment prospects or some such thing.
>>
>>7376684
Good, Jack is a fucking laugh but he belongs on /b/ not /ck/
>>
Every board on 4chan could be made better, but /ck/ is better than most.

I feel like blatant off topic posting has skyrocketed since moot left some time ago.

It was bad while he was here, but now it is almost unbearable.

Certain boards like /tv/ and /v/ are almost unreadable because of shitposting threads that occupy at least half of the active threads at any current time that last until they reach post limit.

There must be some massive moderation problem because I see shitpost threads on slow boards like /p/ survive for literally days without getting deleted.

As much as I hate to say it, I think 4chan needs to go to a registration (while still maintaining anonymous posting) type system so that people who get banned stay banned.
>>
>>7376545
heh, the only thing that makes it better is abandoning the board for a better one. People refuse to lurkmoar, and population kills content.

tl:dr for those who haven't learned, if you don't have something to say, then shut the fuck up
>>
>>7376707
You don't have to use your real name on Reddit, man.

You don't even have to use your real name on Facebook as long as the administrators don't find out you're using a fake.
>>
>>7376932
No, but I only go on the internet to discuss stuff that would be of no interest to people I know in real life. Like some obscure foreign brand of outdoor gear that I use in a sport within a very specific geographic region where that brand of gear isn't well known.

That kind of statistically improbable detail, combined with possibly controversial political comments, isn't the kind of thing I'm comfortable leaving archived on the internet forever. Not hard to associate it with a real person when you're not talking about Coca Cola or something incredibly non-obscure.
>>
>>7376903
>4chan needs to go to a registration (while still maintaining anonymous posting) type system so that people who get banned stay banned

I don't see how enforced registration is going to change that in any meaningful way. If you're dedicated enough to pointlessshitposting that you want to troll 4chan instead of literally any other forum where the userbase is far more likely to unironically take the bait then you're probably dedicated enough to spend 30 seconds creating a fake account every time you get banned. It would also drive away plenty of people who come here for the sense of anonymity.

The only solution that will work is stronger moderation. Think SA before Lowtax gave up. (temporary) Hellbans for persistent offenders. More janitors and more frequent promotion/demotion of them.

Basically janitors are the key, but unlike SA it's a lot harder to vet someone's suitability for the "job" based on their post history so you need to appoint a lot more of them and have a mechanism for swiftly purging the shit ones. idk exactly what that mechanism would be though - I'd like to say popular anonymous vote but on 4chan that's just asking for all the janitors to be Raspberry Pi daemons that just post "hitler did nothing wrong" in every thread until it hits the post limit and which have somehow figured out a way to bypass the captcha.
>>
>>7378374
It would also work better if mods had rules for bans instead of being allowed to ban for any and all reasons they want whatsoever.
>>
>>7378542
https://www.4chan.org/rules
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.