[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/, how do I curry? I've found some curry powder in my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Curry_Ist.jpg (3 MB, 3456x2304) Image search: [Google]
Curry_Ist.jpg
3 MB, 3456x2304
/ck/, how do I curry? I've found some curry powder in my pantry and I've always wanted to try it. I realize really powder probably isn't the best way to go, but I figure I'll start simple and go bigger later. I was thinking I'd cook it up with some chicken and vegetables, maybe some combination of broccoli, cauliflower and/or carrots. My main concern is how to make a sauce out of the powder, the instructions just say "Add 1tsp per cup of cream sauce" and I have no fucking clue what it means by cream sauce.
>>
I just got into curry and this is what I did , it tastes amazing and it's really easy http://allrecipes.com/recipe/74788/spicy-beef-curry-stew-for-the-slow-cooker/
>>
>>7376441
Try it in scrambled eggs
>>
>>7376441

Depends on what curry powder you've got but eh here's my advice on a simple curry.

Choose a base such as coconut milk, chopped tomatoes, yoghurt, cream or stock your choice.

Cook your meat or veg in a bit of garlic (ginger as well if you like it) in a frying pan or wok. When mostly cooked chuck your powder on it and continue to fry for a bit.

Add your base to the meat or veg (this is why I prefer a wok) and then let it cook for a bit until it reduces to your satisfaction.

Get your plate and some rice. Bang there's your simple curry.
>>
I like it in a butternut squash bisque with coconut milk. It's the best soup you can drink by itself. Tomato soup is obviously the best drinking soup, but only if you have grilled cheese sandwiches.
>>
Make a roux - oil flour curry powder

Saute meat onions garlic, then add potatoes and carrots, cover with broth, add curry roux boil until veggies are tender

Eat with rice

Japanese curry
>>
>>7376441
Make curry green beans.

Grean beans.
Butter.
Garlic.
Ginger.
Onion.
Water.
Curry powder.

Very simple but fucking delicious if done right.
(Garlic and ginger is essential for a good curry imo)

Try other spices like Turmeric and Paprike if you want.
>>
>>7378561
This sounds pretty close to what I was hoping to do with it. I'm going to be using chicken, should I drain the juices before adding the powder or base?
>>
>>7379531

>>should I drain the juices before adding the powder or base?

No way, that stuff is flavour.
>>
Update: I made it, and it was absolutely tasteless garbage. I can only imagine it has something to do with the powder having sat in the pantry for eons, as after trying the curry, I tried a bit of the powder itself, and it was also quite tasteless. I intend to try first a jarred sauce so I have some broad understanding of what it should taste like if I get it right, then move on to powder, and eventually possibly make my own.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.