[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you shop at Waitrose? It's better quality,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: RvbRvneq.jpg (9 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
RvbRvneq.jpg
9 KB, 400x400
Why don't you shop at Waitrose?

It's better quality, clean, and has the best customer service.

Its Partners know all about cooking. What's stopping you?
>>
>>7375993

Never heard of/ seen one nefore.
>>
>>7375993

>bong market
>better quality, clean, and has the best customer service
>>
>>7375993
Not a bong, or a shut in
>>
>Not bulk shopping at aldi and getting special ingredients in waitrose

I don't care how much you make, it's just smarter shopping
>>
>>7376041
Aldi bros unite

>paying for someone to bag your groceries
>shopping at a place that just leaves carts in the parking lot
>buying brand names "because it just tastes better!"
>not knowing Aldi is a German company
>not realizing Aldi is the most Protestant company in the world
>wanting more than 4 aisles in your grocery store
>not realizing Aldi is the ideal budget shopping experience

I pity the fool who doesn't yet shop at Aldi

Come, enter the light
>>
>>7375993
Why don't you check out the bins behind Waitrose?
Its free.
>>
>>7375993
I used to live like 5 minutes walk for a waitrose, it was the best supermarket I've ever been to. Now I don't live near one so I don't go there but I would if I could.
>>
>>7376041
>>7376063
THIS

Aldi's makes cooking possible as a college student. My apartment of 4 spends less than $120 a week (before beer)
>>
>>7376520
>college student
>not spending all your loan and grant at the local kebabo.
>>
I live in the middle of bum fuck nowhere redneck, USA.
>>
>>7375993
Because i shop at publix and have never heard of waitrose before.
>>
>>7376063
Dont forget
>not getting god-tier random bargains in the middle aisle
>>7376041 is how I would like to shop but now my housemate with a car has gone, day-to-day is gonna be Morrisons again :/
>>
>>7376537
>college student
>not spending all of your student loans on Magic cards
Ftfy
>>
>>7376727
>college student
>not spending all of your student loans on magic mushrooms
Ftfy
>>
File: profiteroles.jpg (14 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
profiteroles.jpg
14 KB, 290x290
I love waitrose, it's so fucking middle class. Anywhere that considers profiteroles an essential item is good in my books.
>>
because i am publix master race
>>
>>7375993
Advertising is not allowed on this site without paying a fee.
>>
>>7375993
Pretentious shop for posh cunts with more money than sense

/thread
>>
No Waitroses near me, so I've to resort to good ol' Sainsbury's and their Basics range.
>>
>>7377213
This really. Their meat is slightly better quality, especially the pork, but apart from that there's not much point to going there.
>>
Because the nearest supermarkets are Co-op, ASDA and Aldi. Each take just a few mins in the car, or a 20 minute walk.

Nearest Waitrose is about 5 miles away, so fuck that.
>>
>>7376041
/thread.

The shop literally marks up prices for packaged shit like snickers or falaffles because they know their consumer base are too middle class to be bothered to go to other shops; only an idiot pays more for something they know they can cheaper elsewhere.
>>
>>7378559
I don't have "Waitrose" in my country, but I'd rather pay a couple of bucks more for certain items so I don't have to make a 45 minute round trip and save what really amounts to nothing when you consider I could have spent that time doing something fun, or making a labor intensive dish that tastes better than something I'd have to have paid a lot of money for if it was ready made.

I understand your time has no value whatsoever, but the thing about the middle class people you resent is that they have to work, unlike you welfare shits and the super-rich.

Hence why "idiots" who have responsibilities pay more for something they know they can get cheaper elsewhere.

Also, please kill yourself, parasite.
>>
>>7378582
Whatever you elitist prick.
>>
Lidls is my waifu
>>
>>7375993
I go there for baklava, steamed char sui buns and whiskey but since they stopped selling Elijah Craig i dont go as much

Their ingredients, vegetables and main meals are god tier
>>
>>7376063
What's better between Aldi and Costco?
>>
>>7381281
Costco better
>>
Doesn't exist in Canada, that's why.

I shop at Loblaws, Metro, and FreshCo.
>>
>>7381570
Dont shop it metro... Source: I work at one and quite frankly you would be shocked to know how things are handled.
>>
Lidl for most things
Saisburys for a few thing

fite me
>>
>>7381576
I only shop at Metro because sometimes I can't get out to do groceries during the day and its the only 24hr grocer in town. And the pretzel croissants and pretzel buns are addictive.

I shop at Loblaws and FreshCo much more frequently. FreshCo is cheaper, and the one in my town actually has decent produce which is rare for a cheap grocery store. But the product selection is small, so I go to Loblaws for anything I can't find.
>>
I don't live in Bongland, but when I visit I always seem to end up shopping at Sainsbury's. How does Waitrose compare to Sainsbury's?
>>
>>7376041
55 cent canned beans
50 cent dry beans
Dollar 25 Jasmine, basmati, and brown rice.
Dollar frozen vegetables
50 cent canned vegetables
Their tortillas used to be great, but now they're eh but still passable for the price.
Dollar spices that are better than mediocre.
Cheapest almond milk in town
Cow milk is literally half the price of the next cheapest in area, and goes on sale often
45 cent carbonated water
2 dollars for a 24 pack of water
Their pop sucks, but I don't drink it anyways
Cheese is great, but the price is only slightly less than other stores
Great selection of breads for less than half the price of something comparable
Specialty items

I could go on forever. I don't notice any difference in quality either, and the worst press they got recently was the horse meat thing a couple years ago, that they found during an internal audit, and then willingly released to the press. They handled it the way a food company should.

Between them and the local cheap ass fruit market 20 minutes away I can feed 2 people well for about $150 a month. My mother pays that a week for her and my step dad.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.