[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
gf just got home from working the night shift and is asleep.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
gf just got home from working the night shift and is asleep. I've got about 8 hours before she wakes up. Any suggestions on what to cook for a valentine's dinner? I'm not a great cook but not incompetent either.
>>
>>7375373
Tendies and ranch
>>
>>7375373

Well I always say if you aren't that good at cooking you should do something thats simple but pretty fucking tasty, like a medium rare duck breast, score the skin and render the fat, save some of the fat and when the duck is resting sear some blanched brussel sprouts in the duck fat with some mushrooms, finish it with garlic and shallots, maybe make a little simple red wine reduction for it, and a salad on the side.

Don't try and get too fancy thats how you start to mess things up.
>>
>>7375373
White Castle
>>
>>7375385

This is pretty reasonable. Bitches love duck too.
>>
>>7375385
that sounds awesome. gonna try and score some duck
>>
>>7375373
me? I'd serve crab legs
>>
>>7375394
No they don't. What they like is the idea of duck. Then they realize it's not chicken breast and it doesn't have the flavor or texture of chicken breast, and it's icky and omg it's pink too!

It's like Paris. They saw Amelie and it looked so kawaii, but when they get there, they have a mental breakdown over the reality of the whole thing, and realize they should have just gone on a cruise ship where they can eat flavorless Sysco goo and drink Captain Morgain Private Stock.

Women don't know what they want, but it definitely isn't duck. Make sea bass, bitches love sea bass.
>>
>>7375402
Good post
>>
what do you guys think about rack of lamb? that doesn't sound too hard to screw up and looks nice.
>>
>>7375402
honestly he should just make chicken
>>
>>7375402

Yeah I didn't feel like typing all that out but it is what I meant. The ex would ALWAYS order the duck when we went to eat. She doesn't know shit about food but she knows it's expensive and "not chicken" while also not being a cow or a pig. It seems exotic while also being safely within the comfort zone.
>>
>>7375402
If you're _not_ the most dedicated troll on earth, what a sad, pathetic life you live.
>>
>>7375466
Sounds like someone fit the description.
>>
>>7375466

Spot the woman
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.