[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /ck/, any Floridafags here? I'm heading to Miami from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
Hey /ck/, any Floridafags here? I'm heading to Miami from UK in September. Can you guys suggest any really good places to eat?
>>
>>7375352
If you're going to even try fast food, go here
>>
Don't go to Miami, it's Americas very own Third World Hell Hole of a city

Or stay in Miami Beach. Yeah, surrounded by queers and hipsters, but less risk of stray bullets or driving the wrong road and seeing a Santaria sacrifice of chickens and goats in the middle of the road.
>>
>>7375511
Miami subs? A bit drunk right now and colours are breaking my eyes. Where's that at?

>>7375541
Only based in Miami, renting a car so can travel for the good eats. /ck/ suggested Mannys Steakhouse last time I asked and it was awesome. Definitely going back there.
>>
>>7375585
>Where's that at?
Miami
>>
>>7375592
well I assume it's actually called Miami Subs? Otherwise I was hoping you'd give me the address
>>
>>7375644
Actually it's k. I found it. Looks good. Any more?
>>
>>7375352
Bay Bay's fried chicken

Havana cuban restaurant
>>
>>7375511
Motherfucker, I was so young when I last had this that I had no appreciation for it. Now I've moved too far away to see it anymore.
>>
Florida girls like sex. Find one and put it inside her.
>>
>>7375541
It's actually surrounded by cubans, gangs, homeless. It's pretty crowded, don't recommend going.
>>
>>7375728
>>7375761

OP here, going with my girlfriend. Like I said, got a car so can travel. Not limited to Miami.
>>
File: cuban-food-recipes.jpg (55 KB, 568x378) Image search: [Google]
cuban-food-recipes.jpg
55 KB, 568x378
I haven't been to Miami in a year or so, so I'm not sure what is still around but there is a huge Cuban population there so I would recommend hitting up any sort of Cuban hole in the wall type spot you can find (maybe check Yelp).
>>
>>7375352
flfag here, fuck miami
/thread
>>
>>7375352
go to versailles for best cuban food
>>
>>7375716
Right? Here in Largo they had a location that went under. Now the closest one is 50 miles away. I get it once every couple years.
chicken philly as a kid was my jam, still get it.
>>
>>7375352
Cuquis Cafe II on Fisherman st. Shit's the best Cuban food you'll ever eat ever.
>>
Versailles is a good Cuban restaurant. So is Havana Harry's.

There's an awesome hamburger place the coconut grove called Lokal

For awesome steaks Shula's is bretty good

Red is a good celebrity restaurant. Probably out of your Europoor budget

Chicken kitchen is my favorite place though.

What are you looking for?
>>
Depending on what you want, you have a ton of options. Miami is a shit town but food-wise you have fucking everything within a 30 minute drive so that's good. I'll try and make a list more east focused, since that's probably where you'll most likely be staying/where most of the good shit is.

>Versailles
As another anon said, solid Cuban. Very touristy but at the same time still very local. DO NOT go there on the weekends, lines to get in wrap around the building/can be fucking forever.

>La Carreta
This is a local chain of Cuban food. People like to argue whether its good or not but honestly it's solid Cuban food. The portions for the price are amazing as well, and service is always great.

>Pubbelly, Pubbelly Sushi
Local group of chefs who created a mini empire of restaurants. Typical gastropub menus, I personally like Pubbelly sushi, they do weird and interesting shit. A bit overpriced but if you want to splurge a little it's worth it.

>Kitchen 305
Another trendy hotspot. I haven't been but people can't stop fucking talking about it so I'm assuming it's good. I believe they're well known for their seafood?

>Yardbird
Last gastropub place I'll list because its getting redundant. Solid place, also a bit pricey. Yuppie crowd. Go for their chicken and waffles.

>Viva Mexico!
Tiny restaurant that just serves traditional Mexican tacos. It's fucking delicious and authentic and amazing. I believe they've opened a restaurant nearby their taco stand as well but I am not sure, I only ever go for the tacos.

>El Bajareque
If you want to try some Puerto Rican food, this is the best place in town. Solid prices and good portions.

>Tap Tap
Haitian food without having to go to Little Haiti. Well known for its chicken.

I can list more if you have more specific things you want to try. Take Yelp with a heavy grain of salt here, and we have a hipster/youth newspaper here called Miami New Times that has a really solid food review section, so I'd also check there.
>>
>>7376544
>>7376273
i was born and grew up in miami. versailles is a shit hole only famous because cubans protest in front of it
>>
Miamifag here. Coral Gables has a shitload of nice restaurants, only that parking is a massive bitch if you have a car. Wynwood and North Miami are up-and-coming areas because of gentrification, but have good restaurants.Take a chance and try all the ethnic restaurants (Ie: Argentine, Peruvian, Colombian, Nicarguan) that are around in the city suburbs. If you can, go to a Palacio de lo Jugos. Avoid Miami Beach.
>>
>>7376596
>all gables trash
WHALE HARBOR
H
A
L
E

H
A
R
B
O
R
>>
>>7376544
I live in South Miami. Chicken Kitchen is without a doubt the best bang for your buck and is way better than any other basic chicken/rice/curry youll ever have. Their mustard curry is god tier. My family buys extra and puts it on everything

Red is my family's favorite steak house. We prefer Red over any of the Prime restaurants (Prime 112) because they treat you like a real person. Red has incredible sides.

If you are looking for the best of the best, the restaurant to go to is Il Gabbiano. Without a doubt.

Versailles is good Cuban but im not a cuban food fan. I thought the yardbird was way over rated. I actually left a bad review for Yardbird and they offered to remove my review for a discount.

I've heard good things about Lokal as well.

Joe's is a notorious tourist spot. Joe's is excellent. I would recommend going there for take out lunch. The key lime pie is to die for. You will have to wait a very long time if you don't tip the maitre'd if you go for dinner.

My favorite restaurant near me (I live in the suburb of Pinecrest) is The Daily Bread. They have the best middle eastern food ive had outside the middle east, and it is also cheap.

I would stick with Italian, steak house, or cuban if i were you. Miami does not have good Chinese food. Miami has overpriced good japanese food.
>>
>>7377625
What? I didn't list one place in the gables, m8.
>>
>>7376234
Why do all floridafags do this? I think ive found a way to troll floridians
>>
>>7377724
Tropical Chinese on Bird Road and SW 79 Ave is one of the better Chinese restaurants in Miami, though I have heard there is one place that sells soup dumplings also on Bird Road.
>>
>>7377625

Bro, you gotta space out your letters in the horizontal line. Weak meme game/ 10.
>>
>>7378484
Kon Chau is a lot better. Price wise and selection wise. It's been getting a lot of media presence lately though, which is a bit annoying because now it is always fucking crowded, but the nice thing is that the majority of the people are still Chinese.

I think that's the one you're thinking of as well, since its also on Bird.
>>
POC sushi in gables is the best. Can't wait to hit that sickening boofay once billing season starts. Really good, bottomless sushi
>>
>>7378545
Yup. Kong Chau is on Bird and 84th. Haven't been there yet, but I plan on visiting it when I head back for Spring Break.
>>
/ck/ south florida meet up when? Seems like a lot of us are in the South Miami area. Gables here
>>
>>7378698
When you go try to go early, I believe they open at 11? Weekends they have specialty dimsum they only do at specific times but you can skip it. Try their duck soup and their rice rolls (basically like really wet lasagna filled with pork or beef or shrimp with oyster sauce), those are my two favourites. Oh and their taro cakes. And they have these amazing fried taro and shrimp dumplings. Fugg I want to go now.

>>7378710
I moved away recently but I'm from Kendall. Visit a lot though.

>>7378567
Really? I find Matsuri to be a lot better. Of course it isn't a buffet so that isn't a great comparison, but POC has always seemed kind of gross to me for some reason. Like health code violation type gross.
>>
>>7378567
>billing
kek meant bulking
>>
>>7378721
The only gross part i think is the meat section.

Can't beat those desert cups though
>>
Mr. And Mrs. Bun is a good place in Kendall. Taco and tatoos is good also.
>>
>>7378710
West Kendall, but currently in Orlando for Uni. I will be coming home for Spring break, though.
>>
File: pajeet.jpg (114 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
pajeet.jpg
114 KB, 640x640
>>7378710
Country Walk
For the 3rd largest metropolis in the US, Miami is pretty shit
>>
>>7378484
Confirmed. We used to order out from there on Christmas but it is WAY too crowded on Christmas nowadays.
>>
>>7378960

Where the fuck you getting "Third Largest" from?
>>
>>7379475
Pulled out of his ass. Miami metro is the 8th largest metro in the US, not the 3rd.
>>
>>7375352
>Miami
Gross man. I unironically like Florida for having its old sleepy towns/small cities. You should go to somewhere smaller, I mean most of Florida is pretty trashy but if you can get past that it has its charm. Just not in fucking Miami.
>>
>>7379526
Miami-Dade County is its own demon, nothing like the rest of the state but it has its character. That being said this identity is certainly not in Miami Beach or Downtown though.
>>
>>7379526
mfw Miami is the only place worth going to in Florida besides Orlando and other beach destinations. The rest of the state is swamp, grass, and mindless old people.
>>
>>7379526
OP here

I've Done Orlando. Naples and Tampa in previous years. Most of the time I go to Michigan as I have friends there. I guess I just wanted to see Miami and use it as a base of operations so to speak. I don't mind driving a couple of hours for a damn good.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Really appreciate it.
>>
So many awful suggestions here...Chicken Kitchen is fast food. Avoid it.

Go to Moon on US-1 in Coral Gables for Thai. Get the duck with Basil or volcano fish; four star spicy.

Talavera in the Gables for actual Mexican, not Sonoran garbage that is popularized in fast food veins.

Mixtura on North Beach for Peruvian. Great food but the service can be irritating.

Fogo de Chao on South Beach for Churrasco in the Brazilian way. Service is outstanding.

Fratelli di Buffalo for Napolitano style pizza. Also on South Beach.

Trattoria Sole in South Miami. Good service, decent actual Italian. Also has Blu pizzaria attached.

There's an Italian restaurant in Bal Harbour which is in the mall. Nice, ritsy area.

Mai Kai in Fort Lauderdale. Garbage food, Hawaiian theme with fire spinning, etc.

Lauderdale also gas an outstanding Greek restaurant on the water, name escapes me at the moment but it's right near Las Olas.

Trattoria Luna on Las Olas is a good Italian place as well. Fresh gelato, real Italians, not the Jersey retards.

Cinebistro in the Dolphin Mall for a more upscale dining experience with a movie. Calm atmosphere, nice seats and decent fare.
>>
>>7381923
Moon thai is fucking garbage
>>
>>7381923
Nice. Just been looking at the cinebistro website. Looks great. No children allowed too.... amazing
>>
File: 1441749057428.gif (594 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1441749057428.gif
594 KB, 200x200
>going to miami

nice knowing you, OP, tell juan I said hello before he murders you
>>
As a UM student i really enjoy the restaurants within walking distance of the school in coral gables. Moon thai, Shula's, chicken kitchen, sur kitchen, bdubs, Wendy's, dominos, shake shack. Stay away from the mcdonalds across us 1 though it's the shittiest one I've ever been to. Coconut grove has a lot of awesome restaurants too. The new york pizza place next to oasis is awesome drunk food.

My favorite restaurant in south beach is Big Pink. Huge ass portions and the best chicken and waffles ever.
>>
Texas de Brazil is pretty nice, not sure if they have a location in Miami though, you might have to drive to Ft Lauderdale for that.
>>
>>7382803

I was the one who suggested this, why do you disagree and what alternatives do you have?
>>
>>7375541
OP here
>Don't go to Miami, it's Americas very own Third World Hell Hole of a city

Well I've been to Detroit... that was pretty bad
>>
>>7382969
Miami is a pastel painted Detroit.
>>
If you go to oleta river park, literally across the road from it is a middle eastern restaurant called kaboji, its cheap but really nice food.
Tbh i wasnt impressed with shulas. Fogo de chao is very nice, the desserts are good there too.
>>
>>7383044
Be thankful it is far from that. If Miami was as bad as Detroit, it would be as vacant as Detroit.
>>
>>7381923
>says peoples suggestions were awful but offers no reason why or specific alternatives

>>7382966
>gets defensive when his own suggestions are criticized and asks for alternatives

bro
>>
>>7383551

Chicken Kitchen is pretty bad. You run the gamble of some halfwit serving you at the counter with food cooked several hours ago and drowned in some non-descript sauce. It's fast food and that's pretty much it. If OP is going on vacation, then I would opt out of that.

As for getting defensive, no. I'm asking a genuine question. If you've found a better Thai place, I want to try it. I'd also like to know why you dislike Moon. /b/ has ruined your response interpretations.
>>
OP I hope you're still here.

Go to Fort Lauderdale, avoid Miami.

But do make sure to go to Little Havana and have a Cubano sandwich and some coffee.
>>
>>7375511
Miami subs grill burgers are god-tier but seriously op don't go to miami it sucks ass there. Go to Tampa or something at least
>>
Go to Montes de Oca for pizza
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.