[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hello cocks i bought a bottle of coconut juice the other day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Coconut-water.jpg (15 KB, 290x263) Image search: [Google]
Coconut-water.jpg
15 KB, 290x263
hello cocks

i bought a bottle of coconut juice the other day because i wanted to see what the fuzz was all about, i hear people talk about it like it's the best ever - nutrient, cooling, healthy.

But it tasted really off for me, idk. kinda reminded me about the water fermented veggies are in. Not as tingly of course, if that makes sense. But slightly along those lines.

What's it supposed to taste like?
Did I get a bad batch?
I was expecting more or less water but with a "refreshing" touch to it, kinda like cucumber water or something.
>>
>>7374919
It should taste like sweet, mildly coconutty water that refreshes you more than it should.
>>
>>7374919
unless your tastebuds dont work correctly, yes you probably got a bad batch or whatever brand you bought mixed some shit in it.

it should be a sweet tasting water with coconut flavor.
>>
>>7374919
Did you buy coconut water from coconuts sourced in the Atlantic? Because a while back we came to the conclusion that Atlantic coconut water is shit.
>>
>>7374919
Drink it straight from the young coconut. The flesh inside should be thin. If it is thick and hard, the coconut water will be sourish. Bottled coconut water is shit.
>>
Coconut water is a pretty delicate product both physically and taste wise. Too many brands add extra sweeteners, use concentrate or dilute it with other juices. Look at the ingredients list so you know what's in it.

Innocent brand coconut water here in the UK is the only one I've had that tastes like actual fresh coconut water but I'd never buy it without a discount. You will have to pay premium for the good stuff.

It literally tastes like refreshing coconuts, a little sweet but also a little savoury.
>>
>>7374964
hard when i live in vikinglandia. but will take your advice if i travel.
>>7374941
i can't actually tell where they are sourced from, had a quick look on their page and my package but i have no idea. just says "select plantations". it's dr martins coco juice

but disregard this thread. I had a nother taste, it's not actually that bad. I think I just got a weird taste because I tried it when I just woke up and was very thirsty, and had a big mouthful
>>7374926
you are correct, it was a bit sweet with a hint of coconut. I will say that my "fermented veggies" comparsion is pretty far off. However after trying it again I can see why I said so in the first place.

thanks ck
>>
>>7374978
ugh. bottled coconut is NOTHING like coconut straight from the source. save the experience for when you are traveling.
>>
>>7374995
ive had it when i was a kid, travelled to thailand
didnt like the taste back then but also dont remeber too much. so the experience is already "ruined" i guess. might as well try bottled
>>
>>7375004
Judging coconut based on bottled coconut water is like judging American cuisine based on McDonalds.
>>
I tried it, and like almond milk, it tastes way too sweet for me.
It tastes nice, but drinking more than a tiny bit a little cloying.
>>
>>7375009
Perfectly representing the majority while ignoring a subtle minority?
>>
>>7375018
It's ok maybe you can get some of your refugees to smuggle actual coconuts into Europe for you.
>>
>>7375009
speaking of american cuisine, is hokkaido acceptable to use for pumpkin pie? I love hokkaido but have never tried pumpkin pie.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.