[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rabbit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (837 KB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
837 KB, 2592x1936
I have some wild rabbit.

I don't want to cook them into a stew today. Stews are boring.

How should I cook them /ck/?
>>
Treat it like chicken. Rabbit it just a gamier chicken IMO.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>7373694
Yeah. I have rabbit all the time. I'm just bored of the way I usually cook them.

I'm thinking rabbit kimchi soup or rabbit carbonara pasta. Hoping an anon out there has a secret delicious rabbit secret.

Even just reading comments about how disgusting killing and eating cute bunnies can be fun.

Here is a current photo of a section of my fish tank for no reason.
>>
>>7373683

Pie.
>>
>>7373683
Rolled in some herby panko and fried like chicken is delicious.
>>
Anthony Bourdain's recipe for rabbit with olives is pretty good.
>>
boil it f a m
>>
Rabbit in mustard sauce with mashed potatoes. So good.
>>
>>7374188
>mustard
clear sign of a cuck
>>
>>7374188
This, Rabbit in Mustard Sauce.
It's a French classic, and it's delicious.
>>
prepare it like a turkey in the oven
>>
>>7375102
Fuck no.
>>
>>7375102
rabbit is lean and would dry out in the oben without a liquid...

make a terrine/pâté with it OP... add some pork meat for the fat, figs, port wine, etc
>>
>>7374188
That sounds really fucking good. Will definitely try this myself.
>>
>>7373683
Why are skinned rabbits so sexy?
>>
Love cacciatore but that's basically a stew, at least the way I prepare it.
>>
>>7373683
tavern near me has rabbit tacos and rabbit ragout
>>
>>7373683
Fry it up or....

put that shit on the pit and smoke it

the only real choice here is to smoke it
>>
wtf man don't eat bunnies
>>
Only time I've had rabbit was at a restaurant in Charleston called HUSK. They wrapped the big piece of rabbit meat in chicken skin before cooking so it got nice and crispy on the outside and was moist and delicious on the inside. Served with these crispy kale chip things and some other side I can't remember. The best meal I've ever had tbqhfam
>>
>>7375896
Husk is an amazing place.

The head chef is the chef for series 2 of Mind of a chef. If you liked his food you'll like that show
>>
Raw like God intended.
>>
I had really good rabbit at a pricey restaurant, wrapped in bacon and with fancy mushrooms.

And don't give me that meme food bunk, rabbit has no fat on it and the bacon really improves the dining experience.
>>
>>7376075
I'll have to check that out. Charleston had lots of great restaurants and really cool bars. But HUSK...... oh man. Literally had mouth orgasms with every bite. Had a house made pimento spread on toasted bread for an appetizer that made me say "wow, holy fuck" over and over lol
>>
>>7376125
Now I'm hungry.

God damn it Anon.
>>
File: rabbit season.jpg (132 KB, 720x612) Image search: [Google]
rabbit season.jpg
132 KB, 720x612
Chicken-fried rabbit with cottontail sauce braised in carrots.
>>
>>7376196
Chicken-fried rabbit sounds really good. Make it happen, OP.
>>
>>7373683
rabbit paella
>>
>>7373717
>>7373683
Where you from, Australia?
>>
>>7373683
Rabbit stew, senpai
>>
>>7373683
I love rabbit grilled or fried over low heat with lots of butter.
>>
>>7373683
Don't forget the rabbit gravy and buttermilk biscuits.
>>
>>7373717
I'd go with rabbit marsala rather than carbonara
>>
>>7373683
nigga u chikn stuck on roof man lol
>>
>>7373683
Rabbit paella
>>
Confit it.
>>
>>7373683
cacciatore
>>
Rabbit fajitas

I bet a gamier flavor with the seasoning and even lime would be tastey as fuck, at least experimentally.
>>
At the last restaurant I worked in we used a lot of rabbit, probably went through 20-30 per night.

Hindlimbs and forelimbs were cooked confit in pork lard. Loins were usually used for a terrine with other seasonal ingredients or wrapped with a pork product of some kind and then roasted off. Bellies (yes, they have a belly you can remove) were cured and smoked for rabbit bacon when they weren't thrown in with the limb confit.

Spice rub for the confit was a pretty simple euro blend: coriander seed, fennel seed, mustard seed, red pepper flake, black peppercorn, and salt.
>>
>>7376701
Oh, I should say that the hindlimbs were served grilled after being cooked confit on a salad of greens mixed with the meat picked from the forelimbs/bellies. The rabbit belly bacon was used in a variety of other dishes.
>>
>>7373683
lasagna, nigger,
>>
>>7373683
Fucking disgusting.
>>
File: seanbrock.jpg (604 KB, 650x975) Image search: [Google]
seanbrock.jpg
604 KB, 650x975
>>7375896
>>7376075
Sean Brock is a pretty cool guy irl if you ever get the chance to hang out with him. Super chill and unpretentious.

Charleston's food scene is fucking amazing.
>>
Cacciatora with green and black olives.
>>
File: carolina shifter.png (956 KB, 935x606) Image search: [Google]
carolina shifter.png
956 KB, 935x606
>>7378541
i follow him on instagram. he seems really fun to be around.
pic related
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.