[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>kitchen general What appliances, counters, cupboards, etc.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160214_114940[1].jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160214_114940[1].jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
>kitchen general
What appliances, counters, cupboards, etc. do you guys have in your kitchen? What's your favourite appliance? What would you change?

My kitchen is pretty much perfect, I'd only really want to change the counter-tops to something on which sticky, light coloured mess like dough is more visible, maybe dark granite, stainless steel or something similar (currently laminate) - cleaning them properly afterwards is a bitch.

Everything else is pretty much perfect, amazing oven, amazing stove (has a super hot work burner too), great microwave, stand mixers, sandwich press and other shit hidden in excessive cupboard space, massive pantry, working space enough that two people can work simultaneously in the kitchen, awesome dishwasher - it'll suck when I have to move out cause I know the kitchen I'll have will be nowhere near as awesome as this one.
>>
File: kitchen.jpg (167 KB, 1000x608) Image search: [Google]
kitchen.jpg
167 KB, 1000x608
Mines alright I suppose. Nothing fancy, induction stove and not really a top end model, but gets the job done (was here when I bought the place), same as the fridge and dishwasher.

Only real complaints are:
- lack of usable counter space.. I plan on putting an island in the middle though when I can afford it, should fix that.
- Lack of decent sized cupboard space (most of the cupboard are narrow), again plan on fixing that (adding some storage to the far wall on the right plus the island) once I've got the funds for it.
- Woodwork is all cheap laminate crap that's starting to peel around the corners. Want to replace with proper stained wood (plan on doing it myself at some point).
- I'm not fond of the yellow and hate the puke/olive green paint..
>>
>>7373658
>Integrated drip tray thing
Looks stupid but wow that's a really damn good idea.
>>
>>7373916
Drip tray thing? Do you mean the thing under the stovetop?
>>
>>7373933
Nah, on the sink.. it's probably a common thing but I've never seen one like that.
>>
>>7373942
>>7373933
Haha, every kitchen that I've ever been in in Australia has had one, I guess I never thought a sink could *not* have one, but yeah it makes things so much easier when cleaning up, no water or whatever on the benches, nothing. And if you ever do any really messy, wet work (trimming meat, tenderising, making and using marinades, etc.) it's a fucking gosend
>>
I just bought a house and the #1 requirement was good kitchen. Its an easy thing to overlook but sooooo important and sooooo expensive to try to correct after the fact.

No pics available but i went for lots of counter space and enough room for an island. The fridge is adequate but there's enough wiggle room between the cabinets to put in a larger one.

The only compromise was no gas stove... Natty gas is rare in this area.
>>
File: 1373758168156.jpg (44 KB, 389x389) Image search: [Google]
1373758168156.jpg
44 KB, 389x389
>>7375254
>good kitchen
>no gas stove
Pick one and only one
>>
>>7375262
I have an outdoor grill if i need extra heat, otherwise i prefer electric. Has heart superiority is a tired meme. Other than being a little quicker, it's clumsy.
>>
what does /ck/ think of viking ranges?
>>
>>7377355
They're good if they have the optional Fleshlight attachment on the side to pass the time while the oven pre-heats.
>>
>>7375649

How wrong you are is astonishing
>>
File: kitchen (3).jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
kitchen (3).jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
I rent, so...yeah.

It's cheap though, so I don't mind.
>>
>>7373658
How safe is a wok burner indoors? Is it low-risk as long as you don't get oil down the outside of the wok?

Never used a wok and never actually seen a home range with a wok burner.
>>
>>7377355

Good, but overpriced as fuck because they're marketed to rich people. Actual commercial brands are better and--believe it or not--less expensive. They do have more of an industrial look that may not fit into a fancypants rich person's home though.
>>
>>7379064

It's pretty much impossible to use in a home kitchen. Not because of the fire risk, but because of the ventilation. You need some serious airflow to clear out the steam/smoke/vapors.

>>seen a home range with a wok burner.
They don't exist, in the true sense anyway. You do, however, find gas stoves with one or two "high power" burners--but they're still nowhere in the same league as a proper wok burner.
>>
Hey guys, can you recommend frying pen for general use and occasional steak cooking?
>>
>>7379084
Get either a really good, heavy bottomed nonstick frypan, or a cast-iron skillet. Either is a good choice. For general use, I'd probably lean towards the non-stick frypan, it'd be much more versatile.

Don't be tripping about dropping a decent amount on cookware though - you'll make it back on not having to buy it again and again cause you get shit teir stuff.
>>
File: 1443299784097.gif (8 KB, 158x152) Image search: [Google]
1443299784097.gif
8 KB, 158x152
>>7378867
Every time!
>>
>>7379082
>be me some years ago
>someone bought me wok for christmas
>oh boy oh boy flied lice!
>put some rice in wok
>lmao
>???
>might as well just use my 20 dollar nonstick
>could never use it effectively had no idea why
>cut to a couple years later
>realize of course that shit doesn't work on a regular fucking stove of course not
>feel dumb
>find thread on ck
>post story about wok on ck
>inb4 someone replies with cool boring story u fuckin fgt
>>
>>7381276
Cool fucking story, faggot. Go tell it to Reader's Digest
>>
>>7381290
have you ever been face fucked by 3 inches of rock hard, blood-filled cock? talk shit to my face not online see what happens
>>
>>7377521

kek
>>
>>7381295
I almost choked on my laughter
>>
>>7378867
>Soaked yellow pages
what's with that? throw that out.
>>
I'd kill for an oven, live in a tiny dorm till spouse gets of school so we can move out of this expensive sjw shithole. Every good recipe I want to try requires an oven.
>>
>>7373658
No one likes stainless steel kitchens.. unless you're a chef who likes to feel they're at work when you're also at home. They're practical and easy to clean. I would suggest getting quartz. It isn't as expensive as granite but still pretty good in comparison. I know someone who has soapstone which is even more expensive than granite and I don't even want to know how much that came out to. If you need a work place for dough, you could always purchase maybe like a marble sheet or something like that and bring it out when necessary. It's also super heavy though.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.