[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grocery Store Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: uAsC01.jpg (223 KB, 764x1024) Image search: [Google]
uAsC01.jpg
223 KB, 764x1024
Where do you guys do your shopping?

I have pretty much every store imaginable to me, so I've been branching out. I've been going to Sprouts a little more lately. I expected everything to be super expensive similar to whole foods, but the produce I bought all seemed very well priced. (I do a majority of my shopping at King Soopers otherwise)
>>
>>7373073
Wally World, Meijer butcher, a Spartan store down the block. I can literally get 90% of anything available across the globe from these three places.
>>
publix master race
>>
Dollar stores.
>>
>>7373128
This sounds exactly like the town I used to live in in Michigan, except I wouldn't consider it anywhere near 90%.

The butcher at Spartan always hooked me up with whole sirloins plenty of times though so I had no complaints.

Here in Texas I go to a pretty decent Kroger that's a short drive away or this little Japanese convenience store that has good imports.
>>
>>7373128
>>7375617
>Spartan
is this a regional thing?
>>
File: 348s[1].jpg (28 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
348s[1].jpg
28 KB, 348x348
>tfw sole gringo in the store and they switch to English when I get to the register

racial profiling is ok when you're white
>>
Publix, aldi, sometimes walmart if every other grocery store is closed

Oh and a local fish market for majority of seafood I cook.
>>
>>7373073
sprouts has excellent produce for really good prices but if you're getting anything other than produce then you're overpaying by double

unless they have one of their big weekend sales going on, those are always a good price
>>
>>7373073
Whole Foods just because it's the closest thing to me.
Otherwise I make a 30 min trek out to a Chinese supermarket. Fuck DC. There's barely any decent supermarkets inside the city.
>>
>>7375989

>tfw the waiter asks you if you need a fork at an asian restaurant
>>
>>7376553
>go to an cantonese restaurant with two chinese friends
>say that i hope they have forks since i notice everyone is using chop sticks
>water comes up and puts down the forks next to me
perfect
>>
>>7376559
waiter*
>>
Publix usually, but I love The Fresh Market when I have extra $$. They have a better meat department imo.
>>
HEB, I usually drive a few minutes north of where I live to shop at the HEB Plus since the one closest to my house is tiny and tends to always be full of all the ghetto people.
>>
WEGMANS
E
G
M
A
N
S
>>
>>7374361
Same. I usually let what's on sale or BOGO dictate what I eat. If there's nothing relevant to my interests, I'll go to Wal-Mart. Just feels better at publix.
>>
>>7373073
>>7373073
I used to love my sprouts! I would make a trip on double ad wednesdays.

No such luck since I moved in December. For quick stuff I go to safeway, if i'm getting a lot, walmart.
>>
>>7377146

Wegmans is the best. Sadly where I live at the moment I'm literally 2 minutes from a Stop n Shop or 25 from a Wegmans, so I can't justify the drive that often.

If I want anything that isn't national branded stuff though I'll definitely make the trek.
>>
Who Tamimi here?
>>
Stop n shop

Stew leonards

Whole foods

Trader joes
>>
I'm in Michigan and Meijer and Walmart are both several cities over so it's Kroger for me
>>
there's a local store in victoria called fairway market, it's got a ton of ethnic food including shit like filipino and swedish stuff. the meat is incredibly cheap too, usually pick up pork chops there for dinner and some chinese buns.
>>
>>7377641
dam, I had no idea that there would be another vic bro on here. I usually go to save on myself but I'll try fairway sometime
>>
>>7373073
90% of my grocery shopping is done at LIDL
>>
>>7373073
What part of Colorado OP?

I'm in the Springs, I mostly shop at Sprouts, with occasional trips to KS, Costco, and Asia Pacific.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.