[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok so i got a new oven and im confused, how do i operate this,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: iu-8.png (3 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
iu-8.png
3 MB, 2000x2000
Ok so i got a new oven and im confused, how do i operate this, meaning how do i know when the right temperature is reached?
Its a whirpool model similar to this. On my old one there was a light that was turned green when it was ready, here it is nothing and nothing in the manual as well.
>>
>>7372589
Did it not come with a manual?
>>
>>7372619

Yes it did, but as i said it says nothing about how it will show when the temperature has reached the set leve, just how to set it. Its stupid and making me mad.
>>
>>7372619
Bought it off the back of a truck in the Best Buy parking lot.
>>
Here is the manual if anyone is interested

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/628302/Whirlpool-Akz-562.html?page=1
>>
Just buy an oven thermometer, fagboat.
>>
>>7372589
>>7372662
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/628302/Whirlpool-Akz-562.html?page=13#manual
>When the set temperature is reached, the corresponding value (e.g. 200°) and an acoustic signal will sound.

That's nice, I have to constantly scan my 30 year old oven until the heating element turns off.
>>
>>7372628
Do the same thing as everybody whose ovens don't have a function to display that information. Use your cooking experience to assess the temperature by observation.
>>
Turn on pick cooking method set temp. Press start wait for chime 10-15 mins. Is about normal for 350 450 degrees
>>7372670
Never trust those cheap spring coil oven thermometers

if you really feel it's not working correctly get a thermocouple and get and real temperature meter. But 9 of 10 it's working fine your just imagining the problem. Sometimes you just need to relax. Any new appliance will cook differently then what you are used to. FYI I'm WP tech
>>
>>7372589
If it's anything like mine then that red LED with the °C next to it will turn off once the oven's up to the set temperature.

Also you come across like a needy halfwit who shouldn't be near hot things. How often do you need to know exactly when an oven's at temperature? Just turn it on and wait 10-15 minutes for fucks sake
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.