[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did the "baking is for women real men grill"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2356x1571) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2356x1571
Where did the "baking is for women real men grill" meme come from?
>>
>>7372456
Insecure manchildren.
>>
Probably the fact that women love to obsessively collect baking-related status symbols that they'll use once a year, such as Cuisinart stand mixers, and men love to obsessively collect grilling related status symbols such as those Green Egg things that they'll use once and then never use again. You never hear women raving about Green Eggs, and you never hear men talking about how hubby got them that stand mixer they've always wanted.

Protip: men have ding-dongs and women have cooches, these differences are not made up.
>>
Tradition formed over thousands of years.
>>
>>7372456

I'd wager it stems from men generally don't like sweets as much as women
So why would you prepare a type of food you don't like particularly?
How many girls do you see in the homebrew threads?
>>
>>7372471
>men have ding-dongs and women have cooches
Check your cisprivilege shitlord.
Triggered.
>>
real men can barbecue their cocks for up to 5 hours. these grill lines arent painted on pussy faggot
>>
>>7372456
Open flame fun, metal hotbox boring.
>>
>>7372480
i dont think anybody actually laughs at these jokes
>>
>>7372456
Well, the whole home kitchen scenario we take for granted isn't that old, historically speaking.
Traditionally, women kept the hearth and only cooked simple staple foods, like gruel and stews over a fire that also warmed the house.
>peas porridge nine days old
while men did larger scale cooking tasks like running kitchens and inns which included roasting meats and game. in the old days, there was a village baker and a butcher that would take your flour and game and livestock and give you back bread and meats, preserved or raw or roasted and these were men. Men ran the big kitchens of the nobility as well.

With the rise of the middle classes in the Georgian period, more people had kitchens in the houses instead of just hearthfires, and women gradually assumed the role of head of the household and ran their home kitchens, while men still did professional cooking and baking.

Over time that separation has continued and become traditional, with head chefs overwhelmingly male and women still doing the majority of the cooking at home.

With the advent of the outdoor grill, it was a natural continuation of that split, since the grill is literally outside the house, it became the male domain that still feeds into that narrative of men cooking the expensive, high nutritive value foods(meat) for more than just the immediate family, outside the home kitchen.
>>
It's not a meme. Grilling is one of the most manly things a man can do. There's a reason Americans grill and frenchies bake
>>
>>7372520
Yeah it's because all you have to do is jam a digital probe into the meat and take it out when it's done.

Comparing grilling to baking is like comparing being an elevator operator to an airline pilot.
>>
>>7372520
>americans invented cooking meat outside
>>
>>7372529
What? No, they didn't. What are you, retarded?
>>
>>7372526
You can use thermometers in the oven, friend
>>
>>7372545
How new are you?
>>
>>7372480
>ha ha ha, look at me mocking tumblr, aren't i clever and witty xD?????
>>
File: 1453915657582.jpg (68 KB, 884x800) Image search: [Google]
1453915657582.jpg
68 KB, 884x800
>>7372562
I was mocking the fact that you're trying to quote something I never implied

>how new are you

Kek
>>
I suspect it's got to do with baking being drudgery work that's done every day of the year while grilling is a fun thing to do a couple of times in the summer on weekend with no skill needed.
>>
>>7372757
>...a couple of time in the summer...

Found the non American
>>
>>7372471
>stand mixers are a once-a-year status symbol

Every kitchen should have a stand mixer. Not having a stand mixer is like not having a chef's knife or a food processor/blender.
>>
one involves meat, the other (usually) doesn't

take a guess
>>
>>7372788
What's the matter, are you too stupid to put a spoon in a bowl and stir?

There is literally no reason for those things unless you got trolled into buying one by watching Martha Stewart mix boxed cake batter.
>>
>>7372805
do you also only use screwdrivers when you could be using a powered one?

also stand mixers create a consistency you can rely on every time without needing grandma years of experience
>>
>>7372805
>achieving consistency in meringues or souffles by hand
>mixing any type of thick confectionery by hand
>trying to mix by hand when you could set a stand mixer and walk away to begin or continue the other elements or prep steps of the rest of your meal
>trying to make scones and keep the batter chilled while slowly mixing by hand

I think you don't know anything about baking, friend.
>>
>>7372456
Baking is foolproof since a man made all the recipes a woman would ever need. They just need to follow directions. Women aren't good at that, that's why they have two black eyes and it makes it hard to discern the ingredients and method from their bake books.
>>
>>7372820
>>7372827
The yeast infections have grown sentient
>>
>>7372840
>shitposting
>>
From the statistical fact of women having worse taste in meats. Ask any chef. There is a reason why they call the beef filet "woman steak".
>>
>>7372863
is that what you call your cock these days
>>
>>7372456
Marketing, and grilling involves live flames and coals that women flatter their husbands into dealing with.
>>
>>7372757
>a couple of times

In my circle, someone I know is grilling almost every day and I personally do it no less than once a week and at least 2twice a week in the summer months.
Despite the high for tomorrow being 0C, I'll be grilling.
>>
germans invented grilling
frenchies invented baking
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.