[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>American chocolate taste like puke! HAHAHAHA Can this meme stop?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: kol.jpg (190 KB, 640x405) Image search: [Google]
kol.jpg
190 KB, 640x405
>American chocolate taste like puke! HAHAHAHA

Can this meme stop?
>>
>>7371827
Europeans do this with pretty much all american products because they can't afford to try the good stuff. They think american chocolate is just Hersey. Beer is Bud Light, Cheese is Kraft etc
>>
File: mast-brothers-chocolate-scam.jpg (362 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
mast-brothers-chocolate-scam.jpg
362 KB, 1440x960
>>7371827
>using ghirardelli to defend american chocolate
You already fucked up. It would be like ignoring all of our craft beer, the best in the world.

You should post real American craft chocolate made by artisans, not your mass produced puke garbage owned by Lindt.

Pic related, craft chocolate hand made by craft chocolatiers.
>>
File: Annoyed1.jpg (57 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed1.jpg
57 KB, 640x360
>>7371833
>>
>>7371833
Now with 20% more facial hair ®
>>
>>7371831
>They think american chocolate is just Hersey. Beer is Bud Light, Cheese is Kraft etc

The fact that these are popular brands in the US proves the point. Europeans wouldn't put that stuff near their mouths.
>>
>>7371877
Budweiser is a europeon company, fuck knuckle
>>
>>7371833

>a joke i actually get

hehe

Those guys really missed their opportunity to just say it was an elaborate troll to fuck with snooty foodfags.

But they also look completely insufferable so I'm glad they were too stupid to spin it that way.

>>7371827

To me it's less that it tastes bad and more that I'm on a cut so if I eat something calorie heavy it better be so tasty I'd suck it out of a dick if I had to. A LOT of sweets don't make this cut, Murrikan or not.
>>
>>7371893
American budweiser is made by an American company which is distinct from the czech company you fucking fat moronic cunt
>>
>>7371827
>7
amen, brotha
>>
>>7371893
But it's not sold here.
>>
>>7371930
You're wrong, guzzle puss.
>>
>>7371935
No I'm not
>>
File: iL9Rt03.jpg (432 KB, 2560x1089) Image search: [Google]
iL9Rt03.jpg
432 KB, 2560x1089
>>7371827
>Butyric acid is the fat component responsible for the smell of parmesan cheese and baby vomit.
>PGPR (Polyglycerol Polyricinoleate) an emulsifier that is used to replace cocoa butter and is made from castor beans. Castor beans have a distinct scent which is close to the scent of vomit.

American chocolate literally tastes like puke, stop shitposting.
>>
>>7371943
holy shit I wondered why the American chocolate my friend bought me tasted like vomit, I didn't realise it was literally vomit
>>
>>7371943
>all American chocolate contains PGPR and butyric acid

Nice meme.
>>
>>7371877
Nestle - a Swiss company.
>>
>>7371955
>Don't generalize in a generalization thread where OP specifically posted a generalized meme
>>
>>7371955
No one is saying "LITERALLY ALL AMERICAN CHOCOLATE IS LIKE THIS"

What people are saying is that the popular American brands are shit. No one gives a shit about your local brand which is totally wonderful. We're talking about the large scale American market.
>>
>>7371933
Liar.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweiser

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweiser_Budvar_Brewery
>>
It doesn't taste like puke, it taste like sugar which is 99% of an american chocolate.
>>
>>7371963
The problem with attempting to explain to an American, while he is rolling around in vomit while guzzling buckets of diarrhea, that his standards are low, is that he'll always pull out a copy of the Robb Report and say BUTBUTBUTBUT and then point to a picture of some famous American that is actually eating something that isn't shit, while located within the national borders of the USA.

Then hey'll say "but it's pretentious anyway and I like to guzzle shit by the bucket it tastes good to me if you think there's a difference you're just trying to show off" and then he'll return to rolling around in an endless pool of human excrement and urine runoff from the CAFO farms, while gulping down diarrhea and struggling to breathe between gulps.
>>
>>7371983
>guzzling buckets of diarrhea

We don't really eat indian food that often
>>
>>7371877
I have literally never seen anyone drink budweiser or eat hersheys in my life . Its an odd life in the Peoples Republic of Portland
>>
>>7371971
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev
>a multinational beverage and brewing company headquartered in Leuven, Belgium
>>
>>7372004
But Budweiser is an American beer. Unless you're so autistic you think all these companies who register their headquarters in the Cayman Islands are "Cayman Island" companies?

Kraft bought Cadbury but Cadbury is still a british chocolate. You can't buy heritage you dumb clapmaster.
>>
>>7371983
Are people like you self aware? Do you realize you're dumb or are you oblivious?
>>
>>7371992
You daft cunt, the diarrhea comes after.
>>
>>7372016
It's sold in over 80 countries, you twat face
>>
>>7372016
cadbury literally changed their recipe in USA and is near identical to hershey (who owns cadbury).

also, AB inbec is a European company. AB inbev makes an american beer, budweiser. budweiser is an american brand that is produced by a european company. brands and sbu's are not separate entitiies from the companies that hold them. I have never been diagnosed with autism.
>>
>>7372030
And originated in AMERICA

How can you not understand this basic concept? No one cares about corporate structures when discussing the origin of a beer. And it is by far more popular in America than any other country.
>>
File: 1u83jfh.png (38 KB, 275x414) Image search: [Google]
1u83jfh.png
38 KB, 275x414
I've always kinda wondered what the original chocolate tastes like--the Olmec peeples of ancient times and their hangers-on.
Apparently they didn't have anything to sweeten it with however, so it may have tasted pretty lousy.
Baking chocolate doesn't have any sugar and the couple kinds I've sampled both tasted like fucking dirt... swallowing it was like torture.

Corporate food from any continent doesn't count as gourmet anything. It's got preservatives and non-natural ingredients in it to allow a longer shelf life.
(I am a USAFag who don't like beer atall,,,, tho I've tasted cheapo stuff and 'good' beer. they both tasted like ass to me)
>>
>>7371827
Well it's based on ignorance, a lot of people haven't been to America so they're inclined to believe whatever they hear since they can't easily check whether it's true or not.
I think most people including myself would give you the benefit of the doubt though.
Don't mind the banter, everyone talks shit about other nations, no one really means anything by it.
>>
>>7372067
No different to coffee without cream or sweetner, but edgelord hipsters grimmace and pretend to love their "dark bitter coffee"
>>
File: flyover.jpg (43 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
flyover.jpg
43 KB, 640x426
>>7372073
Anyone who doesn't admit that America #1 USA USA USA is obviously a member of ISIS and literally wants to destroy us, ergo they must in return be destroyed using our USA #1 #1 military might.

t. a passport-less flyover
>>
>>7372067
i've had lindt excellence 99 and ghiradelli 100% recently. They are both good and melt in your mouth in a way that Bakers brand baking chocolate does not. Bakeers (tm) is chalky and has no depth of flavour.
>>
>>7372082
Implying anyone who isn't an idiot doesn't drink coffee for the taste

Adding cream makes sense because coffee is usually inherently bitter, but adding sweetner eliminates the point of drinking coffee for me. If you don't like the taste of coffee don't drink it.
>>
>>7372067
if your first experience with "good" beer is some overhopped IPA you're gonna have a bad time. Also, if you mistakenly believe that something like Heineken or Stella Artois is "good" beer, you're gonna have a bad time
>>
>>7372037
Originated in America by a europeon.

Put the cock back in your mouth.
>>
>>7372082
>being this assblasted that other people like bitter tastes
kek
>>
>>7371935
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweiser_trademark_dispute
>>
>>7372000
plenty of PBR I suppose...
>>
>>7372112
All of America was made by Europeans you daft cunt. Once you go to America and become American, it is now American.
>>
After the euros took over Budweiser, they changed the recipe.
>>
>>7372123
Is it almost drinkable now?
>>
>>7371877
Yeah nah, europe has just as much cheap shit food as the US does, it just doesn't leave their borders.
>>
File: beautiful_and_moist.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
beautiful_and_moist.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
Why do Americans get so mad when somebody makes an objective point?
>>
>>7372128
it has always been easy to drink, just totally laacking any character or remarkable qualities besides consistency.
>>
>>7372132
>europe has just as much cheap shit food as the US does

lmao no there is not, and i'm American
>>
>>7372088
Better than a cocksucking welfare faggot like you I suppose
>>
>>7372141
Im German and studied in the US

There's plenty of shit food here too.
>>
>>7372150
>Germans

Germans are barely human though
>>
>>7371833
http://dallasfood.org/2015/12/mast-brothers-what-lies-behind-the-beards-part-1-tastetexture/

Long but good read for anyone who's interested.
>>
>>7372141
>and i'm American

Which is why you don't know. Seriously Europe is not some fucking fairyland where only top quality excellent artesinal food gets made, they have corporations, they have rednecks, not everyone is dining on the most perfect and freshest of culinary delights. Every country has gas stations and every country has gas station food. Every country has shitty mass market garbage food. Europe is just ashamed of it because they're obsessed with looking better than they are.
>>
File: perfect_corndogs_every_time.webm (3 MB, 844x446) Image search: [Google]
perfect_corndogs_every_time.webm
3 MB, 844x446
>>
>>7372152
Being human is to admit imperfection. German is master race.
>>
File: tis cara trut.jpg (21 KB, 670x340) Image search: [Google]
tis cara trut.jpg
21 KB, 670x340
>>7372132
>>7372141
i mean thats kind of true, its not like everything made here is somehow of perfect quality or that there are no products that aim for people with a small budget

if there is a difference its that people are aware that it's shit and that high quality, varied products are more readily available
i can go to any store down the road and pick from dozens of different kinds of beer, wine, cheese etc.
>>
>>7372152
Neither is some fat autist from flyover country on 4chan
>>
>>7372158
somehow this fucking mess pissed me off more than anything.
>>
>>7372112
By that standard, all cheeses made in Wisconsin are European by extension.
>>
>>7372155
>Europe is just ashamed of it because they're obsessed with looking better than they are.

This is true for pretty much everyone, it's easier to lie and be delusional on the Internet.
>>
I think American style stews are pretty good.
>>
>>7372168
The only reason europeans get away with it so often is that their countries can't into capitalism and never inundated the world with their garbage food like the US has.
>>
>>7372134
>>7372158
I see these webms of this guy making basic cooking mistakes and cooking horrible shit every day on here, is it from a satire tv show or something? I don't understand why there would be so many otherwise
>>
File: stella-artois_met_fles.jpg (2 MB, 2317x3248) Image search: [Google]
stella-artois_met_fles.jpg
2 MB, 2317x3248
>>7372175
>their countries can't into capitalism

werent we just talking about the big american breweries being owned by european companies now?
and we've thrown some overpriced shit your way, dont forget

not denying the US arent the absolute masters of capitalism of course
>>
>>7372179
They are from a quite popular American cooking channel on the Youtube. This guy is an average Joe showing other average Joes how to make great American classics.
>>
>>7372196
why is the meat so red?
isn't it ground beef?
you can't eat ground beef under cooked, that's dangerous??
>>
>>7372209
It's beautiful.
>>
>>7372168
>>7372155
i agree that Europe isn't some wonder world where all people are pretty and wonderful it's just well i'm from denmark an i just sometimes have a hard time believing what especially Americans put in their mouth.
i'm not saying our standarts are higher everywhere it just seems like Americans are more proud of eating very very very disgusting weird under cooked canned food.
because of course people do this here too, it's just not something you talk about with anyone and you sure as hell don't invite someone to dinner when you cook the "fantasy pot"
it's just kinda disgusting.
Americans eat under cooked ground beef, i don't know anyone who would ever do this here, yes a good beef sliced off some bigger piece of meat is allowed to be medium, medium red and so on, but assure you no one would ever eat ground beef that way, it's just.. i can barely cope it in my head.
and i guess because Americans have a hard time understanding why European vomits in their mouth over their food, just makes it even harder to deal with
>>
>>7372223
how many views do his videos get
hes consistently undercooking his food

this man might be a health hazard to the general populace
>>
>>7372223
salmonella right there..
why don't they cook their food properly?
sorry but you can easily make a juicy chicken without having to under cook it, as well with the burger.
i would fear for my life if i got something like that served, and honestly refuse to eat it.
>>
File: drippingly_MOIST.webm (631 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
drippingly_MOIST.webm
631 KB, 720x404
>>7372236
Several hundred thousand per video. He also sells his own line of sauces and merchandize. He appeared in numerous TV shows and did commercials.
>>
>>7372235
You've never heard of steak tartare?
>>
>>7372236
He describes that chicken as juicy, then tastes it. He avoids the bit which is too pink though, because that could make him I'll for sure.

There's another video where he mentions that shaking salt is the last motor skill he has got back since his stroke, while shaking salt on tomatoes in order to compare their taste.
>>
>>7371833
>craft beer, the best in the world
Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 it 8/8, and no deb8
>>
>>7372251
is there a leaky faucet hidden inside there
>>
>>7372258
almost all of the worlds best beer is american craft beer. Of the few hundred or so beers in there world its probably like 5 from Belgium and everything else american
>>
>>7372235
Steak tartare is pretty nice, but you're right that most people wouldn't eat it.
Either how, we shouldn't cherry pick too much and assume "everyone is like this or that", I mean we've got people eating this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casu_marzu
>>
File: 1446490789445.png (211 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1446490789445.png
211 KB, 327x316
>>7372271
>>
>>7372255
steak tartare? nope what is it?
>>7372273
what is it?
to me that burger is filled with chopped meat, ground beef whatever you call it?
what is steak tartare?
>>
>>7372263
IT'S NOT UNDERCOOKED
>>
>>7372277
What non-Belgian/American beer would even be in consideration amongst the top 100 beers in the world?
There might be one or two, but i am struggling to think of any, maybe something from Mikkeller?
>>
File: bigboybite.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bigboybite.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>7372273
i know what the cheese is, i have a personal problem with cheese so i wouldn't eat it anyway, but i know someone who might be willing to even though 10000 worms have eaten it and pooped it out again, he is a very big fan of molden cheese too
>>
>>7372284
A beer is not automatically "good" because it was brewed by a bunch of hipsters with a love for hops and because it has a wacky logo slapped on it.
>>
>>7371833
Subtle, anon. I like it.
>>
>>7372273
i just looked steak tartare up, here you can't make it without tartare meat, and it's something that's labled in the store if you want it for that purpose and as far as i can understand it's not really raw, well it is but home here we kinda smoke it before it goes to the store, you can't just make it with ground beef..

i don't know if it's the same in America?
>>
>>7372288
of course not, who ever said anything about automatically being good? I never even implied that similar looking people could not also make bad beer, but that doesn't change the fact that almost all of the world's top beer is american

Also, where the fuck do you live that good beer is considered hipster? 1995?
>>
>>7372294
Craft beer can be good. But it's for sure not something you want to drink every day.

And once you start looking for a decent go-to American beer, you're pretty much lost.
>>
>>7372292
no, it america you definitely use straight raw meat

Its not a particularly common dish, but its around. Up where I live it is typically served with rye bread, and diced onion with salt/pepper. Often as an appetizer at a party
>>
>>7372292
I don't know if you're the Danish fellow, but in Sweden we do use raw meat, just that you wouldn't use ground beef bought in the supermarket or something, rather you'd make your own.

The idiot in >>7372196 isn't exactly the average American, there's a reason why everyone is making fun of him.
>>
>>7372271
See the problem with american is that their whole culture is very insular.
Sadly they believe their own bullshit though no fault of they're own, but because of their ignorance of the rest of the world.
>>
>>7372298
>Craft beer can be good. But it's for sure not something you want to drink every day.
The fuck? Why not?
>And once you start looking for a decent go-to American beer, you're pretty much lost.
I don't get what you mean at all. I can go to a random grocery store and there are probably 10-20 beers there year round that would work as a great go to beer. I could literally pick a random beer of the shelf and it would be better than what most people drink
>>
>>7372279
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_tartare
European raw meat patties.
>>
>>7372305
The difference is most of us have been to europe and a lot of the best euro beer is readily available in America as the beer market is so much stronger.
Have you even been to flyover? You can't really comment on the quality of american beer unless you have
>>
>>7372312
>>Craft beer can be good. But it's for sure not something you want to drink every day.
>The fuck? Why not?

Because American craft beer equals a massive amount of hops combined with funky flavors.
>>
>>7372315
Of curse not.
Why the fuck would anyone go to hicksvillie USA?
>>
>>7372321
American craft beer has a tremendous variety with all sorts of levels of hops.
There are some 4000 craft breweries, some make stuff with weird flavors but thats just a tiny portion of it, a really silly thing to judge the majority of beer on
Have you ever even tried craft beer before?
>>
>>7372329
to have the worlds best beer
>>
>>7372300
but that is so dangerous? why would you eat stuff like ground beef raw?
>>7372304
yes i am, well it's kinda raw here but it's specially made for the tartare stuff so it's not really ground beef, i've never tasted it myself but my bf says his daddy likes to make it sometimes. i wouldn't taste it desu but i have more understanding for people who eat it when it isn't "true" raw ground beef.

it makes me a little relived that not everyone is stupid enough to eat food as that guy, it really seems dangerous and judging by his videos it's superising he hasn't dropped dead jet

>>7372314
thank you i googled it myself, and apparently date a tartare expert lol
>>
>>7372340
i didn't write desu i wrote t b h i have no clue of why it got changed, fucking weird
>>
>>7372340
>but that is so dangerous?
Thats kind of like saying why ever risk having sex with someone, you might get a disease
>>
>>7372330
Yeah. Most craft beers are mediocre to bad. Talking to American craft beer people is a pain in the ass, too, as they pretty much cannot take any criticism. It's also funny to watch how Americans literally think they invented micro breweries.
>>
>>7372330
>Have you ever even tried craft beer before?
Yes, but we just call it beer.
now fuck off
>>
>>7372349
>Thats kind of like saying why ever risk having sex with someone, you might get a disease
and that's why you don't fuck multiply people and don't have sex before the person you intend to have sex with get a test to see if he/ she has any daseases and why we have stuff as condoms to people who can't control their private parts
>>
>>7372350
>Yeah. Most craft beers are mediocre to bad.
That is a ridiculous statement to make
Compared to what? The best craft beers? then you maybe have a point,
but compared to what most europeans drink and to american macros that is just a dumb thing to say
>>
>>7372271
>american beers win american competitions judged by americans
>this somehow means anything
>>
>>7372359
>Yes, but we just call it beer
Is this what europeans actually believe?
Do you seriously think Heineken, Guinness and Stella are akin to craft beer?
I am seriously curious, what are your favorite and go to beers?
>>
>>7372016
do you really think people are envious of you buttertooths
>>
>>7372368
American beers win every rating done by anyone. There is no source anywhere that suggests american beer is not the best
>>
>>7372372
>Implying Europeans regularly drink Heineken, Guinness and Stella

See this is the problem talking to Americans. Your standards are so skewed towards the fucking awful and pedestrian you can't even begin to comprehend that people outside of American wouldn't also automatically have such low standards.
>>
>>7372364
They're bad as in they do not taste good m8. Just because some asshat put them on a subjective list doesn't automatically make them enjoyable.
>>
>>7372381
If you slags weren't drinking it, they wouldn't be in business making hundreds of millions of dollars.
>>
>>7372235
Cooking with Jack is not the average american bro. Most americans do not bite into a half frozen beef patty and go "Mmm. Juicy." or make some kind of horrifying cheese gelatin loaf invented by some bitch named Myrna and think it's anything but disgusting.
>>
>>7372381
So what good beer do you drink that is even remotely on par with craft beer (besides Belgian stuff)
I was in europe pretty recently, the stuff you just call beer is not even remotely similar to craft beer in quality. Just because it is slightly better than Bud doesn't make it 'craft'
>>
>>7372372
he is right, i am a belgian hobbyist brewer, go to a lot of beer tasting events, competitions etc. and there is never a distinctive term used for "craft beer". microbrewery is used but most people dont really care

the only labels used concerning production methods are abdij beer, which is brewn in monasteries and trappist (which you should know what it means)

not using professional equipment doesnt mean you can magically make better beer
the only advantage you have with making small amounts is that you can experiment a lot
>>
>>7372388
>If you slags weren't drinking it

We export it, you fucking dipshit.

A large proportion of it to America. You shits love that Authentic Irish Guinness, what with 50% of you being Irish (7th generation) and all.
>>
>>7372363
Dude, you have a very unfulfilling life.
>>
File: American_bean_salad.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
American_bean_salad.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>7372393
>I was in europe pretty recently

That pretty much equals to saying "I was in America recently" and meaning northern and southern America. You're not even trying.
>>
>>7372397
I wasn't contesting that you do not use the term craft beer (though I saw it plenty in England)
I was contesting the assertion that the everyday beer he drinks is equivalent to craft beer
>>
>>7372393
>So what good beer do you drink that is even remotely on par with craft beer (besides Belgian stuff)

Nice exception.

Why would I even bother to tell you anyway? You wouldn't know what it is or who made it; the lowest tier stuff I drink is brewed by Bath Ales, who are a local brewery. Do you get much Golden Hare in your local "craft beer" establishment?
>>
>>7372410
>golden hare
>4.4% ABV
so basically a nice light beer?
>>
File: big_hat_guy.jpg (106 KB, 468x447) Image search: [Google]
big_hat_guy.jpg
106 KB, 468x447
>going to an American "beer bar"
>most patrons look like pic related
>90% of those beers have been sitting in the fridge for months because nobody ever orders them
>>
>>7372410
You realize that if you drink primarily stuff from a nice local brewery you have way more in common with american craft beer drinkers than you do with most european beer drinkers
>>
>>7371943
Merican here.

Mars is the only American chocolate company I like. Most chocolate I buy regularly is either Ritter Sport, Lindt, or once in a while fancy bean-to-bar companies.

A few years ago, Mars made a pledge to never use PGPR or other vegetable fats to replace cocoa butter. This is why the white chocolate m&m releases have been godly - they're real white chocolate.

I grew up near Hershey, PA and made regular trips to Hershey Park. It used to be awesome. The whole town smelled of chocolate. But then Hershey replaced cocoa butter with other cheap fats, moved their factories to Mexico, and assumed people wouldn't notice. They even went to far as to buy the rights to Cadbury in the US and replaced the delicious egg shell with their shitty fake chocolate. Ruining one of my favorite seasonal treats.

Not all American chocolate is crap, but most of the cheap stuff is with the exception of Mars. I'm glad there is at least one cheap brand left that I can have some respect for.
>>
no offense but as bile inspiring as hershey is, dove/galaxy and cadbury taste like 10 cups of fucking syrup. i can't understand why people have this unreasonable, pathetic attachment to cadbury, chocolate which may even evoke fond memories, but even hostages grow fond of their captors. muh heritage, as they say
>>
>>7372408
he didnt say anything about it being every day beer though

>>7372359

seems to me you just assumed he didnt know what he was talking about to validate your own opinions
>>
>>7372420
>He doesn't know what ale is

Okay.

>>7372426
>if you drink primarily stuff from a nice local brewery you have way more in common with american craft beer drinker

But that's wrong. Most Europeans will drink local beers. It's only Americans that think that's something special or exciting.
>>
>>7372424
So its a beer bar, but also most of the beer just sits there because no one drinks it?
and also people mostly drink tap beer

and unless it is an IPA, itll be just fine after a few months. Definitely never order an IPA if you think it might have been sitting for a long time though (3 months isn't really bad though, but after 6-12 months IPA starts tasting pretty mediocre)
>>
>>7372433
Pretty much. It's bizarre.
>>
>>7372431
>He doesn't know what ale is
What? I drink ale all the time
>Most Europeans will drink local beers
Thats why the taps at pretty much every bar, and most of the space in stores is for giant macro brews?
>>
>>7372427
fuck you talking 'bout yank.

this thread is about something called 'craft beer'
its like normal beer, but its over 9000x more pretentious and when you drink it you have to tell everyone how amazing it is a how shit all other beer is.
>>
>>7372399
Sure thing, sport. Whatever makes you feel better.
>>
>>7372431
>Most Europeans will drink local beers.
Can't say I know all Europeans but pretty much everyone I talk to will drink some local beer.
Hell I don't even see big brands like Heineken in a lot of places, they'd rather put in something more local.
>>
>>7372438
>I drink ale all the time

Yet you're surprised at a 4.4% ale? Okay.

>Thats why the taps at pretty much every bar, and most of the space in stores is for giant macro brews?

See, there you go again with the wrong. Baring the cheap shitty chain bars (Wetherspoons) every pub has a bunch of local beers on draught and in bottles. I can walk into my local supermarket (Asda; owned by Walmart) and buy a bunch of local beers and ciders (including Bath Ales) right there; they have one side of an entire aisle for them.

Your perception is so skewed you don't even know how wrong you are. It's like trying to explain how a helicopter works, to a Chinese child, using Swahili.
>>
>>7372439
>its like normal beer, but its over 9000x more pretentious and when you drink it you have to tell everyone how amazing it is a how shit all other beer is.

true, but incomplete. don't forget to constantly mention how you totally don't drink coors anymore and at least you're not the south

and if anyone has preferences that differ from yours in any way it's because they are a redneck christfag from the south and california at the same time who doesn't understand we don't have to drink bud light anymore and they hate us cuz they ain't us
>>
>>7372446
>Baring the cheap shitty chain bars (Wetherspoons) every pub has a bunch of local beers on draught and in bottles.
Every wetherspoons I've been in has about half their taps for local beers.
>>
>>7372446
>Yet you're surprised at a 4.4% ale
I am not surprised, What correlation are you trying to draw between ale and ABV? Ale and lager can both be made at all sorts of ABVs
>>
>>7372458
I have to admit I wouldn't know; it's been a long time since I've been in a Wetherspoons (not because I'm a snob, just because I don't seem to go to the places where they have pubs, anymore)
>>
>>7372446
There is some local and nice stuff, but its not even fucking close to the experience in america
>>
>>7372460
>What correlation are you trying to draw between ale and ABV?

>>7372420

It wasn't me making the correlation by making a snide comment about "a nice light beer", as though the ABV mattered.

8/10 for making me reply to obvious shitposting, though.
>>
>>7372470
>as though the ABV mattered.
Yeah, I was drawing a connecting between light beer and low ABV, Doesn't matter if it is an ale or a lager its still a light beer
>>
>>7372467
>its not even fucking close to the experience in america

Well you're less likely to get shot, yeah. Or did you mean something else? Perhaps you can explain how you think the "experience" in America is so amazingly different to Europe?
>>
>>7372479
kekked
>>
>>7372476
So what's your point, precisely? Light beers don't count? Only high-ABV beer can ever be considered "craft"? It can't possibly be that, because that would be retarded, wouldn't it?
>>
>>7372479
bars and grocery stores have way more good and local beer in america (also good beer typically cheaper). Most of the stores in europe I went to only sold good beer in single bottles for rather high prices and they had much smaller stocks
>>
>>7372479
Why don't you find out for yourself - or are you too poor to travel?
>>
>>7372484
I think you are reading way too much into my post.

I am sure thats an ok beer, I personally would want a little more out of a go to beer but I do not doubt it is better than Bud Light or Heineken
>>
>>7372479
not being arrested for possession of a butter knife maybe
>>
>>7372490
>bars and grocery stores have way more good and local beer in america

But that's wrong, as I and other posters have told you.

>>7372493
>Implying I haven't been to America
>Implying I don't hold a valid TSA Pre. & Global Entry

How do you think I know the "USA #1!!!" posters are talking complete bollocks?
>>
File: 1446528411920.png (278 KB, 420x410) Image search: [Google]
1446528411920.png
278 KB, 420x410
>Americans going into shitposting mode
>>
File: 14.jpg (481 KB, 1386x3270) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
481 KB, 1386x3270
>>7372493
spot the projecting passportless flyover
>>
>>7372494
>I personally would want a little more out of a go to beer
Meaning you need something to get you drunk faster.

Vulgar frat boy logic.
>>
>>7372504
>posting this image unironically
this is rich
>>
>>7372500
>But that's wrong, as I and other posters have told you.
You have never even been to america
I have been in several european countries recently. I was specifically trying to find good local beer while there. I found some, but it just wasn't near as easy to find good local beer as it is in America. The taps are dominated by terrible macro brews and the grocery stores devoted a small fraction of the space to good beer as a typical store in america does
>>
>>7372516
>You have never even been to america

Okay

>I have been in several european countries recently

No you haven't.

See, I can do it too.
>>
>>7372506
>Meaning you need something to get you drunk faster.
No, meaning I want something that doesn't have a watered down taste.
Low abv means the brewer did not use enough malt
>>
>>7372522
You are saying things that are blatantly false, so you have either never been to america, or you are just making stuff up for trolling purposes
>>
>>7372155
dubs speak the truth
>>
>>7372524
>ABV implies taste
>Low abv means the brewer did not use enough malt

That's the opposite of correct.
>>
File: AP_08052806857-1.jpg (131 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
AP_08052806857-1.jpg
131 KB, 950x534
>>7372524
>unironically measuring the quality of your beer by the alcohol level
Ever heard of vodka? It's better than any of that pissbeer that Americans drink.
>>
>>7372527
>You are saying things that are blatantly false

Except I'm not, and other posters have confirmed what I'm saying. You just can't escape your comfy little bubble, and it's boring.
>>
>>7372490
>bars and grocery stores have way more good and local beer in america

i can just stroll down to the road to a bar with a few hundred different kinds of beer tho

you probably just stayed in some tourist trap area
>>
>>7372533
You realize that ABV is proportional to how much malt was used. Sure you can replace some of the malt with adjuncts to inflate the ABV, but if you have a low ABV beer, it objectively does did not use much malt (which suggests it was made primarily to be cheap at the expense of flavor) Of course there some good low ABV beers, but they are clearly the exception
>>
>>7372524
>Low abv means the brewer did not use enough malt

holy shit

>this is how retarded american beer hipsters are
>>
>>7372542
High ABV does not mean something is good, but most good things do not have ABVs in the light beer range of 3.5-4.8%
>>
>>7372547
>You realize that ABV is proportional to how much malt was used

To a point; temperature & the yeast used also play a part. What does that have to do with the taste, anyway? An over-hopped IPA can have a low ABV & still have a strong taste, even if that taste is "disgusting".

Lower ABV beers exist because not everyone wants to drink two pints and then fall asleep, and I say that while I'm drinking an 8.2% cider.
>>
>>7372550
How else do you possibly think the brewer achieved the low ABV is not by diluting the wort to decrease the amount of malt required by volume?
>>
>>7372527
Or maybe he was in a shitty state or in a shitty town. America is big, you can't think you've got good beer EVERYWHERE. Same for Europe really, of course you think it's easier to find good local beer in America if you live there. Someone who lives in Europe is going to think the same for Europe.
>>
>>7372557
...by using a lower yield yeast or lowering the temperature relative to the yeast used so as to decrease its activity?
>>
File: I_only_drink_imperial_stout.jpg (45 KB, 558x418) Image search: [Google]
I_only_drink_imperial_stout.jpg
45 KB, 558x418
>>7372547
>>7372524
>as you can see from my undrinkable bowl of boozy sugar syrup, I'm totally not drinking coors anymore! at least we're not the south!
>>
>>7372555
if I was specifically trying not to get drunk, I would rather just drink less of a good beer than dilute my beer simply so I could drink more
>>
>>7372570
>I only drink to get drunk

There's probably an al/ck/oholics thread already, check the catalog.
>>
>>7372569
>being a light beer apologist
>>
>>7372399
I didn't know you guys even drank alcohol anymore, what with 50% of you being muslim (7th generation) and all
>>
>>7372399
Isn't like half of Ireland's current economy based off of american tourists?
>>
>>7372570
>dilute my beer
jesus christ you are an idiot
>>
>>7372616
I wasn't trying to imply you literally dilute it, obviously your brewer is diluting it pre-fermentation
>>
>>7372615
That sounds plausible. Maybe not half but a significant proportion.
>>
just give it up merrylards, is quite clear by now you're measuring the quality of a beer being overloaded with artificial flavors just like some shitty soda

>port wine barrel aged chocolate cherry celery sour double hopped imperial stout what the flying fuck bleeeraagh
>>
>>7372664
you realize chocolate and cherry are not artificial, correct?
You have a really fucking strange perception of the beer market
>>
America has fucking everything, good food, bad food, good beer, bad beer, good cheese, bad cheese

It's the most diverse nation in the world with a large rich population and a large poor population. Of course it's going to have shit but it also has a lot of great stuff.

But that's just not funny to repeat in every thread.
>>
>>7372699
>trying to speak reasonably
Fuck off faggot. You're shitting up the shit posting.
>>
>>7372679

I'm absolutely convinced there are brewers in the USA that make some damn fine beer. Trouble is, that's not the beer you wannabe hipster sissy faggots want to buy apparently. Seems you guys prefer to rave about the crap all the time. I wouldn't even want to drink with you jerks.
>>
>>7372726
What are you basing this off of?
Go to an grocery store and there will be all sorts of different kinds of beer from all sorts of excellent styles, and maybe a small handful of meme beer stuff like Rogue. I just don't understand how you people perceive craft beer to be primarily weird stuff what that is just a small fraction of it
>>
>>7372726
Good. You're a fag and I'd fuck you sideways
>>
>>7372726
You have a severely skewed point of view. Stop basing your opinion from 4chan posts.
>>
>>7371831

So what would be the American equivalent to a bag of Callebaut chocolate for cooking?
>>
>>7372758
the American equivalent would be a bag of Callebaut chocolate
>>
I wish craft beer had more good tasting stuff and not the faggoty obsession with drinking overpriced crap that tastes like RAID
>>
>>7372798
depends on what you find good tasting

craft beers pretty much cover every taste that can be distilled into beer
>>
>>7372807
unfortunately there is only so much shelf space and taps and "craft beer" dude around here and by and large everywhere, want that foul tasting shit.
>>
>>7372783

So Europe has Callebaut, Valrhona, Cacao Barry etc. and the US has fuck all?
>>
>muh microbrews
the country
the board
the thread
>>
File: tcho-video.jpg (93 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
tcho-video.jpg
93 KB, 540x304
If you guys get a chance to try this, it's good.
>>
>>7371827
Definitely.

Just as soon as American chocolate stops tasting like puke. Ghiradelli is barely as good as even Cadbury, which is tastes like syrupy puke mixed with a glass and a half of milk.
>>
>>7372798
6 packs of most craft beer range from $7-!0, hardly expensive
>>
>>7372871

Ah and they sell couvertures as well, a proper chocolate manufacturer it seems. Fucking expensive though.
>>
>>7372923
overpriced is not the same as expensive.
>>
>>7372941
How do you figure it is overpriced then?
Seems like a pretty reasonable price, especially considering how it is not much more than macro beer which costs a fraction of that price to produce as they use a fraction of the malt and almost no hops plus economies of scale and shit
>>
>>7372404
i'm female and no i have a very happy life with a stabel boyfriend, a house, dog and 8 rabbits.
i couldn't be any happier!
>>7372389
as i wrote i'm very happy not everybody is as stupid as jack
>>
>>7372941
This is what Five Guys fans can't comprehend.
>>
>>7372134
because they are insecure sjw faggots
>>
>>7372158
>the oil isn't hot enough
>he sees there's too much and still goes for it
>never takes off his ring when cooking
>>
>>7372112
That applies to about 99% of American innovation in general.
>>
>>7372209
>dangerous?
Not if you freshly ground it yourself.
>not owning a meat grinder
How can you even take yourself seriously in this state?
>>
>>7371827
I'm an American. What would you recommend I buy to give myself the "proper chocolate experience"?

Preferably something I can get online. If it helps, my state is South Carolina if you absolutely think I need to try craft chocolate.
>>
>>7372329
Even in Hicksville you can buy some of the nicest exports the world has to offer.
Even in my flyover state capital I can eat at 50 different ethnic restaurants (not counting Mexican food) and buy the best exports the world has to offer.
I'm less than 10 minutes away from a half dozen butchers, including Italian, Kosher and Halal (not that I would ever go into a muzzie store with those creepy ass muzzies hanging about).
>>
>>7373110
Exactly. The world just doesn't know what America is really like.
>>
>>7373103
just get scharffenberger
>>
>>7373164
What's your favorite of their chocolate? I'm currently looking at their "Signature Dark Chocolate Bar".
>>
>>7373178
i only really like milk chocolate so it depends out what u like u could get moonstruck chocolate to (Oregon company) . There bars are kinda cheaper
>>
>>7372170
is this satire
>>
>>7372286
this shot needs to be immortalized into a rare pepe
>>
>>7372286
why doesn't he use a fucking napkin jesus christ
>>
File: 1452165279767.jpg (41 KB, 1055x763) Image search: [Google]
1452165279767.jpg
41 KB, 1055x763
I dont think there is a more obese, disgusting, subhuman community on earth than people who are enthusiasts of chocolate.

Jesus christ I think I'm getting diabetes just posting in the same thread as you.
>>
>>7372170
Auntie M has a lot to answer for.
>>
>>7372446
My nearest gas station has a fridge full of microbrews, many of them local. Fun fact - I've spent months of my life in the UK, and the best English style brown ale I've ever had is made in Texas.
>>
Bedré is the best fucking chocolate where I live. Even their milk chocolate tastes like condensed sex.
Fucking indians, man.
>>
File: this_is_hard.webm (915 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
this_is_hard.webm
915 KB, 1280x720
I wonder what kind of vomit chocolate King Ja/ck/ likes the most.
>>
>>7372934
Worth it though, even if you just get a bar their chocolate is phenomenal. Definitely on-par with some of the nicer stuff in France, Switzerland, etc.
>>
>>7372823
Callebaut is mediocre chocolate at best.

Rogue chocolate is from the US, SoMA is from canada. Those two makers both won gold at the international choclate award for their porcelana bars
>>
File: 1455343230795.jpg (41 KB, 220x261) Image search: [Google]
1455343230795.jpg
41 KB, 220x261
>>7372158
>that lukewarm oil
>>
>>7372067
>I've always kinda wondered what the original chocolate tastes like--the Olmec peeples of ancient times and their hangers-on.
taste dark chocolate???
>>
>>7372410
Bath Ales is fucking good.

See that's the thing every little town generally has a brewery if not more than one. They supply the locals pubs, it's a lot more localised then say the United States and it's wonderful.
>>
What's a good brand for 99% cacao chocolate?
In Europe preferably.
>>
>>7372427

Sadly Cadbury's have altered the recipe in the UK to the shitty US one too. And they wonder why sales are falling.

You can buy cheaper chocolate from Lidl/Aldi that shits on Cabury's now.
>>
In think le American chocolate is shit meme is comparing the largest brands in the U.S to the largest in Europe

It's the same with cheese. So many americans seem to eat shit cheese on a regular basis
>>
>>7375529
Americans always change the level of discussion to avoid admitting that 80% of the countries population eat food that 80% of the european population wouldn't consider fit for human consumption.
>>
>>7375408
Cluizel, åkkessons and Pralus

Pacari if it has to be raw
>>
>>7371877
You're a fucking retard. It's popular among poor trashy people, which we have a lot of. But any self-respecting American wouldn't go near that shit.
>>
>>7371933
My dad took a pic in an English pub of people drinking Bud.
>>
>>7372251

I don't think he gets nearly that many anymore, if you look at his recent vids none of them from the last few months top 20k aside from a few exceptions, and even then it's only 50k tops.
>>
File: 1420983966763.jpg (171 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1420983966763.jpg
171 KB, 800x533
>>7371827
It's the same faggots who say things like, "mmm, you haven't really lived until you tried X brand thing," and then you try it and you're like "...what the fuck, this is awful." Western Europe just has a much higher % than any other place of pretentious faggots who think their subjective tastes make them superior to other people, but you can find faggots like this anywhere and regarding any topic. I've seen homos act this way about food, video games, music, anime, cars, you name it...

Pretentious faggots are usually liberal arts majors, are obsessed with what other people think, and often believe themselves to be 'worldly' over the most minor of accomplishments.
>>
I have to admit that I once sperged out over the difference between pepsi and coca-cola.
only now do I realise how stupid that was of me, I regret it, I will never do it again.

I stopped drinking soda anyway.
>>
Hershey's, Palmer, and some other American brands certainly have shit chocolate. But I distinctly remember the German exchange students in high school going absolutely nuts over Dunkin Donuts and Oreos so the euros talking shit ITT are full of it.

Also this icelandic chocolate from WF is hands down the BEST plain milk chocolate I have ever tasted.
>>
File: SiriusChocolate1.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
SiriusChocolate1.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1125
>>7376516
uh THIS chocolate
>>
>>7371831
Not to mention they are so diabetic that anything less than pure sugar isnt sweet enough for them
>>
>>7371827
Don't eat any then, it leaves more for everyone else
>>
File: MG_8115.jpg (370 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
MG_8115.jpg
370 KB, 1500x1500
>>7376536
>>7376516
I've had that. It's ok but but you should probably try more milk chocolate. Americans have this idea that milk chocolate is shit because all their lives the only dark chocolate they ever saw was Lindt (which somehow qualifies as "good chocolate" for gastronomically impoverished flyovers). And so they get this idea that dark chocolate = good chocolate and shit chocolate = milk chocolate = hersheys, and since they lack functioning taste buds they require a number to tell them what to do, and in this case, that percentage number becomes the key to "quality".

It's like how they think any beer that isn't 19% ABV is by definition bad beer because they've been emotionally abused by Budweiser their whole miserable lives and ABV = quality.

Like, plain old Cluizel makes really nice milk chocolate. I know it's boring because the most pedestrian neighborhood grocery stores sell it and it's not from somewhere "weird" like Iceland but you should at least give it a shot before you turn up your nose.
>>
>>7376771
I bet there are dumb fucks in the world who actually believe stupid shit like this.
>>
>>7374983

Callebaut is hard to beat on price/quality, compare it to the earlier mentioned Tcho for high volume couverture. It's a third of the price.

I don't generally want to spend 10s of bucks to cover a cake.

>international choclate award

They really should get a milling machine and do the tests blind.
>>
>>7372158
>that cold oil
everytime
>>
>>7372286
thats not how you eat a sandwich you mongrel. how do you entirely miss the bread
>>
File: Manoa.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Manoa.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
How can Europeans say they make their chocolate when they don't even grow their own cacao?
>>
>>7372235
>under cooked canned food.
I understand you europeans don't like safe food, but one of your frog people invented pasteurization for fucks sake... (his name was Pasteur)

>yes a good beef sliced off some bigger piece of meat is allowed to be medium, medium red and so on
Cook your food you fucking cu/ck/. There is a reason why well done is has the word done in it, because its done cooking.
>>
>>7376536
>jewish satellite radio chocolate
wut...
>>
File: Scramble-for-Africa-1880-1913[1].png (145 KB, 2311x1142) Image search: [Google]
Scramble-for-Africa-1880-1913[1].png
145 KB, 2311x1142
>>7376978

they do.
>>
>>7371943
How can it literally taste like puke? It can only figuratively taste like puke unless it is literally puke. But chocolate is made from cocoa beans. Not puke.
>>
>>7379487
I don't think you understand what "like" means

Also, butyric acid is not part of the chocolate. It's added later

You sound like those idiots who get mad when food that isn't gluten-free by definition, has a label on it that says no gluten
>>
>>7372433
Funny that IPA was created for the purpose of having beer last a long time.
>>
>>7372504
>hi, I've never been to Europe.
You'll love the fish fry in every underground subway station.
>>
>>7379518
I've been to most of europe and never seen this

Never been to the UK, but the UK isn't even in the EU

Where in Europe are you seeing these?
>>
>>7371877
Nor would we put something like licorice anywhere near our holes in America.
>>
>>7379527
>Europe = EU
When will this meme die?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.