[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Curry and crap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Curry_2710104b.jpg (102 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Curry_2710104b.jpg
102 KB, 620x387
Can you guys show me the best curry recipe?

I will try the ones i think that are legit and good.
>>
Off topic but I hate the way chinese places you order X and it comes with rice but at the indian you always have to order rice seperately
>>
>>7371477
OP Here. Yes...I CAN RELATE thats why imma cook it myself!
>>
Find "The Curry Secret" and download it
It has some pretty good recipes
>>
>>7371477
Chinese places that cater to white people don't serve rice by default

I swear to god, every single white person needs to be chemically castrated for the good of humanity
>>
File: serve.jpg (135 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
serve.jpg
135 KB, 1000x750
>>7371469
Indian curry? Thai Curry? Japanese Curry?

For Indian curry butter chicken is probably the easiest to start with...

Marinade ingredients :
3 chicken breast
1/2 cup plain greek yoghurt
2 tea spoon butter chicken masala
juice from 1/2 lime
1/2 tea spoon salt

Butter Chicken ingredients :
Marinated chicken
4 onions
6 black pepper corns
6 green cardamom pods
1 thumb length cinnamon stick
2 star anise
2 tablespoon butter chicken masala
1 small can of diced tomatoes
3/4 cup cream
1/4 cup almond meal
1/2 cup water
2 table spoon oil
salt

1. In a mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.

2. Add the diced chicken.

3. Stir to coat with the marinade. Cover and set aside (several hours, up to overnight).

4. Peel and quarter the onions. Put in a pot with water and boil for 10 minutes until soft.

5. Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
Pour the chicken into an oven safe dish and cook for 10-15 minutes. You want it mostly cooked.

6. Drain the water from the onion and transfer them to a blender.

7. And puree them.

8. Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onions to the skillet.

9. In the mean time grind the cardamom, black pepper corn and star anise.

10. Cook until the onions have given up most of their water and start to form a paste. You can go a bit further then I did, almost caramelizing them. Add the ground spices and the butter chicken masala.

11. Cook for 2 minutes to fry the spices a bit and make them fragrant.

12. Add the tomatoes.

13. Add the cream.

14. Take the chicken out of the oven.

15. And using a slotted spoon transfer the chicken to the sauce. You want to leave behind any water or “broken” marinade. Stir in and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.

16. Add the ground almond. Stir it in, it will thicken the sauce. Add the water to loosen it up.

17. Serve with warm naan bread or rice.
>>
>>7371913
>Chinese places that cater to white people don't serve rice by default

I have eaten at literally hundreds of chinese restaurants in various countries and I have never, EVER not been given rice by default (expect when ordering an obviously non-rice dish)
>>
>>7371913
>every single NON white person needs to be chemically castrated for the good of humanity

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>7371914
>butter chicken

Everytime I see this on a menu it sounds nice and I order it and it's always shit. It's so obviously a "we want the faggot can't handle flavour" white boi crowd
>>
>>7371920
It shouldn't be spicy (it's a mild dish, like Korma) but it should be flavorful.
>>
>>7371918
Obviously mapodofu and kung pao chicken are "obviously non-rice dishes", is that your deal? inb4 hurr hurr I went to china for 2 days and they didn't have mapodofu

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=chinese+restaurant+%22rice+costs+extra%22

Go to more chinese restaurants in the future
>>
>>7371913
What the fuck are you talking about. Literally every single time I've ever been to a Chinese, Japanese, or Korean restaurant in the US I always get free white rice. It was extremely weird to me when I first started living in Asia that you actually had to pay extra money to get rice
>>
>>7371924
but it never is. Korma actually has flavour
>>
>>7371917

were any of those countries china? you never get rice until the end of the meal in restaurants unless you ask for it.
>>
>>7371959
Yes, I lived in China for a year
>>
>>7371967

so did I. maybe you ate in cheaper restaurants than me. rice was only ever served last to soak up the booze and no one ever ate it.
>>
>>7371985
Any meal came with rice unless it clearly wasn't a rice meal. You're probably refering to obviously non-rice based meals
>>
>>7371989

I'm referring to meals with groups of people in good restaurants with 8+ courses. in the evening. lunch was often a set with a bowl of rice though.

seriously, I was taken out to eat almost every night and when I first got there I was surprised by the lack of rice. almost every 15 minutes one of my boss's cronies would come into our room and we would end up downing our drinks in a toast. I wish there had been rice there from the start
>>
>>7371953
Which is why you make it yourself :) It's really not hard.
>>
>>7372044
But then it's obviously different from the butter chicken in restaurants and you may as well give it a different name then
>>
>>7372059
Haven't we just established that the restaurants tone it down on purpose, as to not assault the delicate sensibilities of white customers? The fact that the home made version is better is, rather, the point.
>>
>>7372116
Butter chicken is a one of the few dishes that came from restaurants to households. Moti Mahal in Delhi claims to have invented it. Although I believe the dish had been floating around in dhabas in the old Delhi area before moti mahal came about. There's a branch in NYC which is decent, not as good but pretty close.
>>
you just gotta watch whats in your curry powder and adjust the cumin etc so it doesnt taste too bitter, but here is the recipe i like to use.

>>7371469
>>
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/165190/spicy-vegan-potato-curry/
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.