[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aunty just came back from America and brought some /ck/ back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: images (29).jpg (15 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (29).jpg
15 KB, 384x384
Aunty just came back from America and brought some /ck/ back for us.

Why doesn't American chocolate taste quite right? it tastes kind of chalky and artificial.

tastes like the cheap stuff you would get at Chinese store
>>
>>7371368
They lypolise their milk before making chocolate. It makes their chocolate taste of vomit.
>>
Butyric acid. It's an acquired taste.
>>
You know what it is you're tasting?

You're tasting the flavor of a country not being overrun by muslims and its citizens raped by the thousands everyday only to be told it's their own fault by politicians.

You're tasting the flavor a country not dying a rapid, pathetic, liberal induced death.
>>
File: perfectly_tender_pulled_pork.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
perfectly_tender_pulled_pork.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>Americans eat vomit chocolate

JUST
>>
>>7371508
Thanks Trump
>>
>>7371508
You're tasting the flavor of a country being overrun by niggers and spics and its citizens raped by the thousands everyday only to be told it's their own fault by politicians.

You're tasting the flavor a country dying a rapid, pathetic, jew debt induced death.

>>7371368
Everything in America tastes like trash it's the corn syrup and low quality everything. Anything with milk is made with stuff that is about to hit expire date then frozen. Their use of corn syrup instead of sugar makes even the shittest foods worse.
>>
>>7371520
thats raw right?

it looks raw
>>
>>7371416

It really really does taste like spew. I'd heard from some people that Hershey's kisses was the best chocolate so I tried it and was horrified that people eat it. I guess you need to grow up with it to become accustomed to it. Apparently they use the chemical so production is faster, but the side effect is it tastes like absolute trash

Are you Aussie by any chance OP? I know that it our chocolate theres an additive that prevents it from melting faster that gives our chocolate a distinctly different taste to elsewhere. It's why if you buy belgium chocolate its soft and runny but all Australian chocolate is firm and stays together.
>>
>>7371593
Looks beautiful to me
>>
American here. Is there any way to get foreign chocolate in the states? I have never had chocolate that wasn't american, so I would like to try it out. Granted, I'm not a big chocolate eater, but it seems like I'm missing out on a good taste experience.
>>
>>7371615
You're not missing out with UK chocolate. Kraft bought Cadbury, changed all the ingredients to cheap shit, now all of their stuff tastes like trash.
>>
>>7371615

I'm Turinese, try Gobino's chocolate or gianduiotti

they are great, although expensive if you are a foreigner.

Buy online
>>
>>7371615
There's imported chocolate in any common grocery store in real civilization you dumb flyover trash.
>>
>>7371624
The recipe is different to appeal to each market. It isn't as nice as it used to be but it's better than Hersheys.
>>
>>7371368
It used to be pretty good but there was some industry wide change that happened around 1986 or so that turned most of it to shit. I wasn't the only one to notice it.
>>
You probably just have autism

Typical foreign ailment
>>
>>7372224
... and yeah that change, likely for being cheap bastards changed it to taste like puke. Eurofags got it right on that one.
>>
>>7371684
Does somebody need their mommy?
>>
>>7371600

>I'd heard from some people that Hershey's kisses was the best chocolate

What microcephalic turds told you that? You've got to be joking.
>>
>>7371368
>tastes like the cheap stuff you would get at Chinese store
probably because she brought you back the cheap stuff
>>
>>7371600
and i heard McDonald's was fine cuisine too
lol fucking idiot
>>
>>7371615
if you've had Godiva you've had foreign chocolate
its not that different from decent american chocolate

just don't buy mass produced chocolate and you'll get quality chocolate

...chocolate
>>
>>7371615
Go to a store or use the internet if you live in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>why does cheap chocolate taste like cheap chocolate?
>>
>>7371368
>Aunty bought us cheap gas-station-tier chocolate
Sorry that she doesn't love you?

I buy all my chocolates here.
http://www.sees.com/
Mostly their rotating lineup of buttercreams or anything that involves coconut or toffee.
>>
this is the best chocolate switzerland has to offer
http://www.laederach.com/ch-en/shop/
some guests from america tried to impress us with their best, so we bought him a sample of it. He took 3kg home and 2month later he asked to send him another 3kg.
>>
I'm Malaysian and I think NZ chocholates taste the best. But I only like milk chocolates and have lived there for 5 years so I'm probably biased.
>>
>>7373202
Fuck now I got a major Sees Candy craving. Their lollipops are my childhood.

As for OP yeah sorry you got duped by cheap-o chocolate. You buy Hershey's Kisses to give out to people. Even the cheap chocolate they make M&Ms with are better.
>>
A very good scientific article explaining why some chocolates taste like shit is this one. However it's in German. You can try a translator if you like.
>DOI: 10.1002/ciuz.200590084
You can get free access via http://sci-hub.io/
Just enter the DOI, the captcha and the top button on the left is download.
>>
Good chocolate has a high percentage of cocoa butter. Guess the amount of cocoa butter in fucking hersheys?

USA is all about massproducing shit quality for max profit, its also probably full of corn syrup
>>
>>7371368
Hershey's is the worst and cheapest chocolate you can buy here (that's still name brand). There's other American chocolate brands that are comparable and even surpass European chocolate.
>>
>>7371368
>go to university with various americans who decided they want to learn in the uk
>they've never had british confectionary before
>they love it because it actually tastes nice
>>
Kinda funny, I dated a girl from England for a while and every time I sent her a package or went to visit she insisted I bring like 10 pounds of american candy for her and her friends. They had a few things I always wanted her to send/bring too but my list was much shorter than hers.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.