[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help /ck I have a trial shift in a sushi kitchen in a few days.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Sushi-Cat-1200.jpg (58 KB, 1200x652) Image search: [Google]
Sushi-Cat-1200.jpg
58 KB, 1200x652
Help /ck I have a trial shift in a sushi kitchen in a few days.
Any tips or tricks you can bestow on me?
>>
>>7371311
Don't fuck up
>>
>>7371316
Thanks anon I'll try that.
>>
>>7371311
Draw cuts.

That's... basically all you need to know about making sushi. It's how you cut the fish, the rolls, everything. Long. Draw. Cuts. Use the whole of your knife blade, starting at the bolster and drawing back. Use your shoulder, not your elbow.

2 years making sushi professionally under my belt. It's literally that easy. Oh, and don't squeeze your rolls/nigiri. Gentle pressure. Smashing is bad.
>>
Always remember to bow to your sensei
>>
>>7371366
Well, to be fair, cutting rolls does usually call for a sawing motion, but usually just once back, then once forward, and that's it. If you're forced to cut with a broad blade knife like a french chef's knife or a santoku, then you may need to saw more, but sashimi knives, if fluted, should cut a full sized roll in two strokes.
>>
>>7371366
>>7371370
Thankyou sensei. I'll keep that in mind.
>>
Don't act like an amateur.
Always concentrate and put maximum effort in every single piece of sushi.
Remember this; the sushi you make resembles you. If the sushi is shit-tier, that means you're a shit-tier chef. If the sushi is outstanding, that means you're an outstanding chef.

Just respect and don't be a bitch. You got this.
>>
Buy a bunch of raw fish and an appropriate knife. Then go full on training montage.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.