[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
bananabread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: BananaWalnutBread.jpg (69 KB, 780x780) Image search: [Google]
BananaWalnutBread.jpg
69 KB, 780x780
i got a some ripe bananas and i want to make bananabread. problem is that i tried several recipes and tthey all where to dry for my liking. i might be weird, but for me it has to be almost dough-like in the middle.
does anybody have a good recipe? cause i don't want to end up with one of those half-assed breads again.
should i just up the banana and butter amount?
pic looks decently juicy
>>
File: 00001.jpg (168 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
00001.jpg
168 KB, 1200x900
add applesauce or yogurt. you can sub the oil for these and it's a lot less bad (ignoring sugar) for you.
>>
Your bananas should be pretty much black on the outside, and if it's still dry, add more bananas.

The best thing about banana bread is that it's a way to use up otherwise overripe bananas while getting the best flavor out of them.

I've always though banana "ice cream" and banana "pancakes" were stupid diet fads, but using blacked bananas to make delicious banana bread has literally always been how it's done.
>>
File: 1378567734828.jpg (32 KB, 442x480) Image search: [Google]
1378567734828.jpg
32 KB, 442x480
>>7370788
>fat
>sucrose
>"bad for you"
>>
>>7370788
this time i really just want to focus on the taste. i don't care about the calories. it just needs to be fucking delicious. and if that means i need to use a stick of butter - so be it
>>
When I make mine I usually use 2 cups of flour, 2 eggs, 3/4 cup brown sugar, a stick of butter, 3 or 4 overly ripe bananas, 1tsp baking soda, 1/4tsp salt, some vanilla extract, cinnamon and a little bit of nutmeg.

Like >>7370792 says, use super ripe bananas, ones that have turned black. It makes a huge difference in the flavor and texture.
>>
>>7370779
>i might be weird, but for me it has to be almost dough-like in the middle.

don't think it has to do with the amount of fat. either try underbaking it or adding more banana. and also ensure your bananas are really fucking overripe.
>>
>>7370792
>>7370796
i got 2 very ripe, almost black bananas. i also got 3 ripe ones that aren't black yet. i've read about caramelizing them first, iow put them in the oven or in a pan to make them soft and get the flavours out. should i use some of the not overly ripe ones like that to up the banana content?
>>
>>7370798
>underbaking it
i think i'll do this.
>>
>>7370779
More very ripe bananas, more butter, add yogurt, don't over mix.

Freeze, then microwave to thaw your bananas.
>>
>>7370811
>Freeze, then microwave to thaw your bananas.
i have some sliced overly ripe and frozen bananas in the freezer for smoothies. should i microwave and add them too?

>add yogurt
will creamcheese be ok too?
>>
>>7370788
>applesauce
going to add some of this in too
>>
>>7370833
baking is an exact science. if you want to figure out what the difference is then you would be better off limiting variations to one per attempt, and repeat the process till you get the desired result. this will simplify things for when you want to make it again (the exact way you want it) in the future
>>
>>7370847
+maybe try muffins instead of a full loaf and make the batter slightly different in each muffin cup
>>
>>7370847
the bread is in the oven. i'll see how it turns out and then use the mixture i just made as the basic to tweak it. i'm sure i'll come up with a recipe that'll turn out just how i want it over time.
>>
turned out wonderfully moist inside. now i took it out and upped the heat of the oven. going to pop it in again a few mins to get a nice crust on top.
>>
>>7370811
>Freeze, then microwave to thaw your bananas.

ATK has a method of ripening, freezing, microwaving, and then reducing the residual liquid to about a 1/4 cup, then adding that back to the banana mash. They also use 2 cups of bananas, where most recipes call for 1. Tried it, came out DENSE, but great flavor.
>>
File: sesamebananabread.jpg (805 KB, 1275x3608) Image search: [Google]
sesamebananabread.jpg
805 KB, 1275x3608
I like this recipe if you want something to hold you through the morning...
>>
>>7371942
How did it compare to the usual way you make banana bread?
>>
>>7370779
Try this recipe. Skip the lime glaze if you want.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/coconut-banana-bread-with-lime-glaze-0
>>
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20153/chocolate-chip-banana-bread-ii/
Thinking of making this.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.