[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time you were complimented on something you cooked?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8
File: raptor queen of ck.jpg (92 KB, 766x428) Image search: [Google]
raptor queen of ck.jpg
92 KB, 766x428
When was the last time you were complimented on something you cooked?
>>
File: 127x96 frog4.png (1 KB, 126x97) Image search: [Google]
127x96 frog4.png
1 KB, 126x97
never
>>
>>7370160
The last time I cooked for other people a few weeks ago. Had a couple friends over and made some spinach and mushroom enchiladas with sour cream sauce and some spanish rice.

Going to make some hawaiian rolls and jalapeno slaw to bring to a friend's house tomorrow since he's smoking a pork shoulder. Should make some tasty pulled pork sandwiches and I expect that I'll be complimented on the rolls and slaw as well as compliment my friend on the pork.
>>
>>7370160
who the fuck would i be cooking for you moron i barely contact other people
>>
Tonight I made roast pork, green beans, and speghetti squash au gratin. My wife and daughter loved it.
>>
Any time I cook, which was a while ago, since I've been on a fast-food diet.
>>
>>7370160
tonight actually
I cooked ribeyes for my parents tonight using the reverse sear method. Mom said it was the best steak she'd ever had. I bet I'm gonna get a SICK-TITE birthday present this year
>>
last week, I cooked dinner for my brother who can't cook and married a woman who refuses to cook.

was just a mediocre roast chicken dinner and he acted like it was the most amazing meal of his life.
>>
>>7370160
Every time I cook. At least one person in the room has the look where after taking one bite they close their eyes, pause wistfully and appear to hold back tears of joy or spiritual fulfillment, then continue to eat in silence like they're love struck. Verbal compliments come after they remember how to speak.
>>
File: rrreff.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
rrreff.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
A week ago I made my spanakopita for my moms birthday.
>>
>>7370187
>My wife and her daughter loved it.
FTFY
>>
>>7370179
How is OP supposed to know you're antisocial?
>>
A couple of months ago. I made a hot sauce and several of the people that tried it told me I should be selling it because it was so good.
>>
Tonight
Dill and lemon steamed salmon roulettes with bacon sautéed asparagus
>>
>>7370160
yesterday about a think I cooked a couple of weeks ago. It was duck breast dressed with a bitter orange sauce over a base of couscous and stir-fried vegetables
>>
every time i've cooked for someone else for the last 5 years i've been complimented on it
>>
Wtf are these pictures?
>>
>>7370160
The last time I cooked something that someone else ate. I always get compliments.

The trick is not cooking for other people's tastes and to only cook for your likes and tastes. Then you know it is always good.
>>
>>7370165
Your are a great cook. Keep it up
>>
>>7371589
Yea. Youre really good at making microwave dindin and hot pockets.
>>
>>7370160
I always get complimented on something I've cooked, regardless of how complicated it is, what kind of food it is, whether I followed a recipe or made it up.

My food is not that good and I'm not skilled at all, so I no longer believe people when they compliment me and it just makes me depressed to hear it because it sounds like they're humoring me. I'd rather they just eat.
>>
Everyone says I make great mashed potatoes.
They're mostly butter.
>>
>>7371550
Queen of /ck/ :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwIwTdBOJvk
>>
Everyday at work.

Niggers at Olive Garden think they're hot shit when they demand servers give their compliments to the chef. Must be the code word to get out of tipping.
>>
Yesterday on that 4/10 lasagna I made.
I'm lucky the people I cook for are mostly broke students, every meal that requires more than 10 minutes is a bliss to them.
>>
Christmas. People always demand I make this cheesy potato casserole for holiday meals. It's just frozen hash browns, canned cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, shredded cheddar, and onion powder. It's everything bad about Midwest cooking rolled into one dish. My family goes nuts for it. I'm sick of making it. Help me.
>>
>>7372588
It must be so frustrating having a completely normal brain but not being able to control your own body and speech.
>>
last week, on something i had made over a year ago
>>
>>7372604
It's not "a bliss" it's just bliss.
>>
>>7372644
I can only imagine that at some point you just accept it as an inevitability.
>>
>>7372644
But she'd feel the full shame and disgust at all the things you could force her to do in the sanctity of marriage. Knowing full well that if she said no, she could be placed in a group home for abandoned gimps. To be quite honest she'd prefer to go to the gimps but for her own family, they secretly don't want her back but she has too much dignity to let on that she knows. She loves them, in her own way. So she takes it, for them. Even when you know it has to hurt and her dead, glassy eyes no longer even show a flicker of reluctance because her mind has retreated into a place so deep that arguably her brain is no longer really normal. But it still works, unlike her body.
>>
Made some really tender juicy pork chops last night. Brined them and didn't overcook. Wife said it was the best pork chop she's had. I have a tendency to overcook pork, so it was nice to break that habit.
>>
>>7372709
seek therapy
>>
> "Hey anon what'd you make?"
> Other anon interrupts
> "Whatever it is, if anon made it it's probably fucking delicious"
Only really been upping my game with cooking for the past 2-3 years or so. Felt good.
>>
>>7370160

About a week ago I made tacos
Typically we buy a taco kit but this time the box didn't have any seasoning. So I made my own. Gf said "Probably the best tacos I've ever had"
Granted she grew up in rural new england so the only tacos she's had are Taco Bell and aforementioned taco kit tacos.
>>
made some chili for my BF last night, he really liked it, hope he considers it good for a valentines gift cause I am terrible at buying gifts.

it was the first time I made chili as well, just got some nice fatty pork chops, cubed it, cooked with onions, added cumin, chili powder, cayenne, oregano and smoked paprika, and then crushed tomatoes and about 3/4 of a can of ginger ale.
>>
>>7372591
Whats wrong with that? The chef is responsible for whether or not the food is good. The server is just some bullshit middleman who may or may not carry it to you correctly. Tip the chef, the servant can carry it to them for you too.
>>
Last week I cooked for my roommate and girlfriend.

I made a stirfry with sautéed vegetables (garlic, onion, courgette sweet pointed peppers plenty of fresh mint ) and falafel. I served it with a basic yoghurt sauce (greek yogurt with some garlic, limejuice, pepper, mayonaise and cucumber bits)

As a side I made couscous and a simple rocket salad.

They liked it, and I enjoyed it myself aswell.
>>
Yesterday. I made shrimp enchiladas. They're all gone today.
>>
File: index.jpg (4 KB, 215x215) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4 KB, 215x215
>>7372832
oh and kidney beans (inb4 buttblasted texans)
>>
>>7372842
Irish stew guy is that you? You don't have a girlfriend, stop lying to yourself this isn't healthy.
>>
>>7370160
This morning
>>
>>7372846
Its been stated countless times here already, Texans as a group do not care if there are beans in chili.
>>
>>7372846
Newsflash: Most Texans put beans in their chili.
>>
>>7370160

yesterday
>>
Day before yesterday when i made Buffalo Chicken nuggets
>boneless skinless breast
>no breading
and broccoli

and those assholes went behind my back and finished the whole pan off after dinner was over
>>
>"oh anon, this is wonderful"
>"you are such a clever cook"
>everybody eats sparingly

Every time I cook.
>>
File: IMG_20160213_020546.jpg (668 KB, 1836x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160213_020546.jpg
668 KB, 1836x1836
Yesterday. I made this for myself but as usual my family member were flocking on to it like seagulls for "CAN I HAVE A BITE PLS" and stuff. Tasted nice.
>>
3 hours ago
>>
>>7373578
I know this feeling. Every fucking time.
I can't figure out if I'm good at cooking or if everyone tells me that I am just to make me feel good about myself.
>>
>>7373580
you idiot
they just want to eat something but are too lazy to cook it themselves
>>
Last night

It makes me super uncomfortable because I hate being praised
>>
File: 1311609905142.jpg (138 KB, 1208x1040) Image search: [Google]
1311609905142.jpg
138 KB, 1208x1040
>>7370287
>>
Just a few minutes ago, I complimented myself on heating up some chicken noodle soup I got from a local Italian joint.
>>
>>7372846
Last time I made eggs ;)
>>
crock pot split pea soup last Tuesday, thank you
>>
Made some Miso Soup as well as buying a box of Turkish Delight. My dad liked both of those and I know pretty well as someone who is averse to new things.
>>
>>7372588
>those comments
>I don't have cerebral palsy, but that's roughly how I flip pancakes too.
>I like you you did a great job I'm so proud of you I have autism
>>
>>7370160
Me and my father don't speak, however I'm on a cutting diet and I often cook chicken breast/thighs for myself. A few nights ago I was grilling my chicken and I was taking up too much of the little space we have in our kitchen. That in mind, I offered to share some chicken with them and my mother fried some eggs and sausages. Anyways I had put salt, pepper and some other condiments I can't spell in english. Cooked it perfectly, flesh was coloured, the fork sank into it almost by itself and immediately as the fork went trough the meat juices started flowing. I asked them how it was and my dad said it was "edible". After that I overheard my mom asking him if he liked it and why the bitchy response. He said it was good.
[/spoiler]little did he know, the meat had gone bad [/spoiler]
>>
>>7370160
girlfriend made steaks one night. she kept cutting into them to see if they were done enough. fucked up some ribeyes. later that week i cooked some steaks and she was like 'nice'

I didnt need that bitches compliment though. Being complimented on my food by people that are retarded at cooking feels empty. its like a 5 year old telling you that you run fast.
>>
>>7372588
>>7372709

She'd do some rough fucking anal though, imagine it.
So hot. So very hot.
>>
>>7370160

The other chefs at my volunteering job always say that my food is good, but I don't know if they're being honest or just blowing smoke up my ass :(
>>
>>7374639
What is wrong with that? Her story is kind of fucking inspirational.
>>
>>7374955
why don't you speak to your dad, anon?
>>
I made some quick as fuck chowder from a can of creamed corn, frozen marinara mix, old potatoes, stock that had been there so long it was almost a liquid, and stolen carrots.

Served it with fresh bread and butter and apparently that was enough to turn it into 3 Michelin stars 10/10.
>>
I made pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving, and everybody loved them.
>>
>>7375016
He never worked to put bread on this family's table. He always treated me like shit. He never taught me anything. The rare times when he went out with me to play he'd get impatient and the more i wanted to play the more he screamed. He beat me for retarded shit. He made sure that his only involvement in my growing up was beating me and punishing me. My mother is the only reason he and I live a comfortable life and he should worship the ground she walks on for keeping an imbecile like him. However he treats her like shit too and the cherry on top was one night when he came home drunk and started heating her(i know cliche as fuck). I put him in his place and he's gonna stay there. He doesen't deserve my attention, my love, my hate. He deserves to be a nobody in my life, after all it's what he aimed for. He'll die alone, and i'll make damn sure my kids won't have a grandfather or a grandmother.
>>
>>7372716
tumblr pls go
>>
mum and dad really enjoyed the breakfasts I put together for them over the christmas break

cheese, crackers, bread, fried salted salmon, soy sauce and garlic mushrooms and fruits
>>
>>7374101
Or maybe they thought it looked good anon, no need to shit all over things
>>
>>7375137
Sucks anon, don't let the bad vibes stay with you, you're better than him.
>>
>>7375355
Thanks man, also just now realised:
>started heating her
>i know it sounds cliche
top zozzle
>>
>>7372588

My god what an absolute cutie.
>>
Last friday. Ironically it was store bought prepared but uncooked chicken at half price due to expiration. I left it in my fridge over the weekend and it smelled like rot when I opened the package. Fried it up anyway with expired wine, burnt it, added to much lime juice. The result was visually pleasing, but tasted like burnt lime. Didn't get sick.
>>
>>7373580
Aaaaaaaaand theeeeeey raaaaaaaaan. Theeeeeey raaaaaaan so faaaaaar awaaaaaaay.
>>
>>7373580
I always tell everyone my food isn't good so they won't beg like a dog for some.
>>
File: 1430012164621.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1430012164621.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>7370160
This morning. Breakfast. Straight answer to a question that shouldn't be so fucking dramatic.
>>
>>7370160
Never. Only person I have ever cooked for in my life is my roommate. I know he enjoys it, he's just not one to compliment.
>>
>>7372588
>>7372644
>>7374639
>>7374961
>>7375784
Her boyfriend is a total chad btw
>>
>>7376689
Cite your sources, anon
>>
>>7370160
Made créme brûlée for my girlfriend and some friends. One of my friends asked me to make it for her birthday so it was a nice confidence boost.
>>
>>7370160
A couple of weeks ago I baked a sweet potato pie for my lab and everyone went back for seconds.
>>
>>7376689
wtf are you talking about? her bf is a limpdick little christian boy.
>>
>>7376756
im just sad she has a bf
>>
>>7376766
>>7376756
>>7376728
>>7376689
Pics or video of him?
>>
>>7372846
As a Texan the only thing upsetting about your posts is that you haven't posted your tits yet now kindly GTFO you stupid whore.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.