[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beer cellar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: DSCN1257.jpg (43 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1257.jpg
43 KB, 768x1024
I want to age some beers. What kind of minifridge should I get for that? I want to keep it cheap. It does not to be very cold, as long as it can be set to go lower than 60 degrees.

It does not need to fit bombers either, I would be aging 12oz or 11.2oz bottles primarly. Trappist ales, Founders various stouts, things like that.

Any advice from experienced anons about beer cellaring would be great appreciated as well.
>>
put it in your mum, she cold
>>
Literally any fridge will work.
>>
>>7369647
A cellar,garage, shed, or even cupboard/shelf on the floor would be perfect

A cellar will be a literal deal-breaker for me when I buy a house, they're so handy
>>
>>7369695
I miss having a cellar like I had in my house in Maine.

Sadly cellars aren't really a thing in most of Texas since no one wants to bother with taking a jackhammer to a shitload of limestone to dig them out.
>>
>>7369695
Well I live in the Devil`s rental home, El Paso. I tried putting some beer in a dark cupboard, but even this early in the year, the heat catches up. Had a tripel go chunky on me.
>>
Wine fridges I'd imagine
>>
>>7369647
I never thought the day would come that even beer would become a meme
>beer is only to be consumed when fresh
>>
>>7369647
make sure you store them upright so you don't get yeast rings along the side of the bottle.
>>
just store it in a cabinet, i just have mine in some empty space on a kitchen counter
>>
>>7369770
came here just to post this
definitely the worst when you crack it and you see this
>>
>>7369757
>filter posts with the word meme
>quality of threads skyrockets
>>
>>7369731
Don't wine fridges only have shelves that force the bottle to be lain sideways?
>>
>>7370232
That's a start. Add more shitposting words and the annoying tripfags/namefags and it gets even better.

You just need to keep up with it sometimes and keep filtering the same words with special characters until you get them all or the shitposters give up trying.
>>
>>7370238
Yes because wine is supposed to be cellared on its side so the cork doesn't dry out.
>>
>>7369757

Not sure if you're retarded or what but beer is literally aged before it ever makes it to a bottle.
>>
>>7370262
Yeah, but don't beer caps slowly corrode when the beer is on it`s side? So a wine fridge may have the proper temperature, but it forces the beer sideways. Right?
>>
If you want to do "wine things" why don't you just drink wine? Are you afraid your fellow rednecks are going to beat you up or something?

I really don't get neckbeard beerfaggotry.
>>
>>7370412

I bet there's a lot you don't get.
>>
File: file.png (99 KB, 400x338) Image search: [Google]
file.png
99 KB, 400x338
>>7370412

***RETARD ALERT***

Drink a fresh Backwoods Bastard and a two year old one and tell me it isn't completely different and much more enjoyable.
>>
>>7370428
>let's just blast this beer with oak and gimmick flavors and hope neckbeards pay big bucks
I don't like "sherry cask" scotch and I don't like over-oaked fruit bomb wines, I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna like your gimmick memebeer either.
>>
>>7370440
Then don't drink it

Or else I'll make you
>>
File: gueuze-1000x1000.jpg (56 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
gueuze-1000x1000.jpg
56 KB, 1000x1000
>>7370440
BBA stuff isn't that bad, just gets old after you've had about 20 different beers with that. They all taste exactly the same, with different levels of balance on the flavors.
stuff like pic related is the actual example of how to age beer. Yeast does cool shit.
>>
You guys aren't really coming up with much, so let's talk about what we're all aging instead.

I've got quite a few BCBS, one of the Rye, a Barrel Aged Prairie Bomb!, GD Barrel Aged Yeti, 2 Sierra Nevada Bigfoots, a Brooklyn Black Ops, and a DFH Bitches Brew going right now. I always end up drinking any sours I try to age.

What you have going /ck/?
>>
>>7371999

The liquor store near me just released a Bigfoot vertical 4 pack. The 2013 was good but the rest were still too hoppy for me.

I've got a bomb, a Christmas bomb, an okie, Sierra Nevada's barrel aged Bigfoot and narwhal, Founders blushing monk, Port's barrel aged Santa, creature comforts southerly love, a few burnt hickory beers, and probably a few other things. I've drank a good 40 bottles of aged stuff since November. Damn..
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.