[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Juice fast!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: qt jc.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
qt jc.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
Hi guys! I want to do a juice fast for the following week (5 days only), however, I'm not sure what ingrediens I should get.. Currently I have the following in stock;

500g lemon
1,5kg apples
~500g beetroots
1kg oranges
500g ginger
+ 4,5L store bought juice (the expensive, real deal. Not from concentrate, but pure fruits'n'vegs (I want to drink these in the morning; it's 5 bottles).

So, yea. I guess I'll need a lot of veggies? I'm 190cm and around 95kg btw, so I consume a bit.
>>
>>7369494
What are you trying to accomplish? Juice fasts or diets aren't necessarily better than any other diet. It's just a convenient way to get your calories in. Might as well try soylent in that case.

Add in a lot of vegetables. People like kale, carrots and parsnips and things like that. Going on pure sugar isn't going to help you too much so you should add more starchy roots.
>>
>>7369498
Just a cleansing desu m8.

Stuff on my buying-list would currently be; cucumber, carrots, kale and cellery. Is other types of kale than green good-tasting when juiced? White and red are cheap here.
>>
File: 1454745343584.png (496 KB, 560x640) Image search: [Google]
1454745343584.png
496 KB, 560x640
I just got off a 2 week juice fast a week or so. If I was to say to buy something a lot of it's cucumbers because they give a lot of juice as well as celery.
What I usually had was a carrot and orange juice in the morning and then make two batches of that and save one for later and make a celery, cucumber, kale, lemon, ginger one for dinner. Should always follow the 20% fruits 80% vegetables rule unless you're not going for weight loss I guess.
I liked having juice with beets in it. Should check out reboot with joe for lots of good recipes I liked their butternut squash one and using sweet potatoes for your orange coloured juice has some tasty results, makes it a little thicker.
>>
>>7369523
Solid advice, thanks man! How did you feel during and after? Also, was your morning juice 20/80 aswell? And have you tried using white potatoes?
>>
File: 1455279064667.png (313 KB, 700x678) Image search: [Google]
1455279064667.png
313 KB, 700x678
>>7369530
I never tried using white potatoes, I tried using a banana but after I did it and got no juice out of it I read up online and people all said not to do that because it's bad for the juicer. For me it was like, the first three days were absolutely torture, especially day two I was just laying in bed all day dreaming of pizza and hamburgers felt like total shit. Day 3 I felt a lot better and at Day 5 and after I felt like the best shit ever. After that it was pretty consistent but walking to work and back felt really tiring was always really winded and would have to take some juice with me there otherwise I'd be totally drained. Really brought home the "food is energy" thing for me. On day 16 I just ate a small salad and it was like the tastiest salad I've ever had in my life it was great. Afterwards I just found myself naturally making a lot more salads and trying to eat more greens with my meals. I just ended up eating like a vegan, I eat meat still every once in a while.
>>
>>7369494
>>7369498
>>7369519
>>7369523
>>7369530
>>7369549
JUICE DIETS DONT WORK

THEY DO NOTHING

HOW DENSE CAN YOU BE
>>
>>7369556
Hi 'murifat. It's good for you; don't be mad.

>>7369549
Yea I knew about the bananas haha. Sucks, they're tasty af in smoothies. Did you do it to drop weight, and how long do you have to work? I only got 1km haha. Also, did you drink anything else at all (regular water/tea whatever)?
>>
>>7369556
That's what I said in the second sentence of my post... the first reply to the thread. But that's still not going to change OP's decision of going on a juice fast. You might as well try to give good advice regardless. y so mad?
>>
File: 55162391_p9.jpg (900 KB, 1516x2205) Image search: [Google]
55162391_p9.jpg
900 KB, 1516x2205
>>7369571
I lost about 20 pounds on it and I'm not sure the exact distance I think its 3 or 4 km? Usually is a half hour walk. I still drank coffee but only a small cup in the morning because I was just trying to cut back on the 6 cups a day I was having. Lots of water with lemon and ginger and lots of no caffeine herbal teas I just took it as an opportunity to try out lots of different kinds.
>>
>>7369571
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/dreamsicle-juice-recipe/ this is a good juicing recipie, what kind of juicer do you have? I got that breville juice fountain one because I found it cheap on ebay for like $75
>>
isnt this how steve jobs died
>>
>>7369599
Nah man, he took a bite of the apple
>>
>>7369599
that was a fruit diet im p. sure
>>
>>7369571
How is consuming only sugar (without the fiber) healthy?
>>
>>7369613
It's mainly veggies, and you'll give your body a break by doing so. Especially your intestines.
>>
>another meme diet

Just fucking eat healthy and go to the gym you human waste.
>>
File: 002.jpg (28 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
28 KB, 540x960
>>7369621
How dumb are you? I stated my proportions, and that I wasn't doing it to lose weight. For a burger like you, it's 6'3" and 210. My bf is ~14%. The purpose is to give my body a break.
>>
>>7369596
Thanks, looks tasty. It's a Melissa juicer, pretty average
>>
>>7369638
Your body doesn't need a break from solid food. That's not how the digestive system works. 'Cleansing' is terrible for you and can lead to constipation and bowel cancer.
>>
>>7369702
>Your body doesn't need a break from solid food. That's not how the digestive system works. 'Cleansing' is terrible for you and can lead to constipation and bowel cancer.
This. 'Cept for that last part.
But it wrecks your muscle tone/blood sugar with glycemic spikes.

If you want to give the body a rest, eat bland, eat clear, but don't give up your 4 food groups.
>>
>>7369706
>eat clear
You mean melted butter and jelly right?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.