[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Store-bought wings have to cook at 450 for 30 mins >Putting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: wings.jpg (3 MB, 3329x2205) Image search: [Google]
wings.jpg
3 MB, 3329x2205
>Store-bought wings have to cook at 450 for 30 mins

>Putting them in at 420 because that's the max for my parchment paper

How long should I cook these for if i'm putting them in at lower heat. 40 mins?
>>
until they're done
>>
>>7369485
/thread
>>
>>7369481

Your parchment paper will be fine at 450, anon.

It just gets a little bit brown at that temp.
>>
30 minutes at 450 is excessive.

Are you talking about frozen wings or something?

Just check them after 30 minutes, and if they're not done, leave them in a little longer.

It's like you've never cooked anything before or even seen prepared food.
>>
Buy a meat thermometer.
>>
>>7369492
This
But don't get a bimetal
>>
>>7369481
Why not just use foil? It's less expensive and more convenient for meat. I use parchment paper mainly for baking.
>>
>>7369501

I did that yesterday and the wings stuck to the foil like glue.

(and yes I'm talking about frozen wings, which Is why they need to be cooked for long)
>>
>>7369503
rub it with oil first.
>>
>>7369503
All you have to do is let them cool for 5 minutes and they'll release from the foil. If you try to pull it off straight out the oven it's going to stick, but after resting for 5 minutes I guarantee they'll come right off.
>>
>>7369508
Do not rub with oil, wings have so much fat in them already that rubbing with oil is just raising your chances of a smoky kitchen or a grease fire in your oven. It's completely unnecessary to add oil to wings.
>>
>>7369516
>It's completely unnecessary to add oil to wings.
It's not if there sticking you dumb fuck. All it takes is the tiniest bit over the surface.
>>
>>7369528
Like I said earlier, all you need to do is let the wings rest for five minutes to allow them to release. There's plenty of grease in the wings.
>>
>>7369528
It's like you've never cooked wings before in your entire life.
>>
Fry them first.
>>
I do wings at 400 for 1 hour, skin side up, no flipping. Skin crisps, meat dehydrated enough to suck up the buffalo sauce optimally
>>
File: get some.jpg (806 KB, 2048x1009) Image search: [Google]
get some.jpg
806 KB, 2048x1009
>>7369503
Napalm sticks just like glue. It sticks to the women and the children too.
>>
>>7369481
You could put some foil on the sheet pan and give it a spray before putting the wings on it. Once they're done take them out and toss them in a bowl with whatever sauce you like.

That's what I do.
>>
>>7369481
420 nice brah
>>
wings are shit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.