[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What country/region has the most underrated cuisine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: primantis-kolbassi-sandwich.jpg (56 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
primantis-kolbassi-sandwich.jpg
56 KB, 500x333
What country/region has the most underrated cuisine?
>>
Chicago.
>>
>>7369191
Cali, people are too busy dissin for other reasons, they forget about the Mexican food and the fact that you can get anything else there too.
>>
File: cattle.jpg (46 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
cattle.jpg
46 KB, 575x323
>>7369191
Omaha, Nebraska
>>
>>7369191
Places I've visited with low expectations and been pleasantly surprised:

Germany
Austria
Switzerland
Denmark

In the US I'd say it's the Midwest, but with a caveat: all the "local" junk foods Midwesterners crow about (pizza, hot dogs, Italian beef sandwiches) are shit. You can't listen to the locals at all. But if you just go out on your own looking for good food you can find it there.
>>
>>7369197
Taco trucks :D

Yes please
>>
Easily Spain
Nothing even comes close in terms of underrated food senpai
>>
>>7369304
Spanish food is appreciated quite well though?
>>
America
>>
New Zealand. Had a hangi while i was there. Those maoris are on to something
>>
>>7369304
Where I live Spanish food is pretty highly regarded - people happily overpay to eat at tapas places.
>>
>>7369191
Pretty much any African cuisine.
Indian cuisine (I don't live in the UK).
Pretty much any South American cuisine.
Scandinavian cuisine.
>>
>>7369317
Fuck now I've got a craving for hangi and I dont know any damn maori's this far south.
>>
File: 1441239309351.jpg (24 KB, 314x295) Image search: [Google]
1441239309351.jpg
24 KB, 314x295
>>7369191

Too bad primantis is actually shit and this is coming from someone who currently lives in pittsburgh.

>fries are mediocre as fuck and completely unsalted which kills the entire concept of the sandwich right from the start
>tomatoes are always shit
>cole slaw is actually good, but you cannot carry a sandwich with slaw
>meat is usually shit, the only meat option I've ever had that was good is the cajun chicken (which is usually overcooked)
>bread is supermarket mass produce tasteless trash-tier
>if you don't eat within moments of it being served to you, the entire sandwich turns to mush

There is no excuse for using such shitty bread when fantastic bakeries like breadworks exist.

Primantis is a tourist trap of the worst possible way.
>>
English cuisine. Insulting our food is literally just a meme, it's way better than American food.

When you insult English food you're literally nothing but a meme spouter
>>
>>7369197

Yeah but that's just it the good food in Cali is the food from other regions that hasn't been meme'd up by dumbfuck white ppl
>>
>>7370210
Ok, what's good then?

I'm honestly asking, I have no idea
>>
>>7370210

You have a fucking train that takes you to fucking Continental Europe. Get on it one day and actually try food from other countries...
>>
flyover
>>
>>7369197
You can get great food there for sure, but none of it is unique to the state. Cali doesn't really have its own cuisine.
>>
>>7370228

>doesn't really have its own cuisine

Nobody actually cares about "traditional cuisine" anymore.

It's about the food scene in general, meaning the variety and quality of foods available, while also the innovations that are happening in a place.

That said, California is in no way underrated for it's food; everyone knows there's loads of good shit out on the West Coast in general.
>>
>>7370216
Cottage pie, fish and chips, sunday roast, chicken tikka masala, cornish pasty, full english breakfast, toad in the hole, roast lamb with mint sauce

As for desserts, we have bannoffee pie, sticky toffee pudding, eton mess, and loads more.

That's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>7370235
>"I don't know what cuisine means."
>>
>>7370250
For dessert don't forget trifle. God tier stuff.
>>
>>7370250
You know...looking back on it that Harry Potter shit did look pretty dope in the movies
>>
>>7369227
Go to Bangkok Thai deli in saint Paul m.p.h. And get the flat noodles.
>>
>>7370916
Mn not mph
>>
>>7370250
I'd say we're more a king of desserts and bakeries if anything.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.