[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some ways to tell whether a frying pan is good or bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
what are some ways to tell whether a frying pan is good or bad quality?
>>
File: australianMadeLogo.png (6 KB, 151x134) Image search: [Google]
australianMadeLogo.png
6 KB, 151x134
Look for this logo and don't buy anything without it.
>>
>>7368469
Absolutely not
>>
I'd say you should post an image of the pan you're asking about, but apparently you're incapable of doing so.
>>
>>7368472
Don't be afraid. It won't bite you.
>>
pretty sure that if you tap the base with a coin and listen to the tone of the ping and how long it echos for then it would mean absolutely nothing but you'll look like an expert in the store which could have benefits.
>>
>Fry on it
>Reviews
>Manufacturer info/history
>Price

etc
>>
>>7368486
How much petrol do the abbo's huff that make these pans?
>>
>>7368481
how can you tell from a picture alone whether its a good or bad pan
>>
>>7368559
We can all already tell it's bad because you're so reluctant to post what you're talking about

Anything else is hyperbole at this point
>>
>>7368608
or maybe i havent posted a picture because i dont have one
>>
I prefer the Calphalon brand, and teflon is a must for me. Truthfully though most people who can't cook worth a shit should just stick a $100 set of non stick t-fal pots and pans. It works well enough and since you'll be making boxed mac n cheese in it anyway there's really no reason to go all out
>>
>>7368636
isnt teflon ust the standard non-stick coating?

From what i can tell branded pans seem to have much "shinier" teflon coatings than non-branded pans, although i dont know if that makes them better.

I just found a branded pan that is much thicker and heavier than my current non-branded pan, but i have no clue if that makes it any "better".
>>
>>7368608
he obviously wants to buy one and wants advice

>>7368612
op good pans are a shit show, you're going to have to actually learn a thing or two. best case scenario you head your ass over to a high to low mid class restaurant you like ( a place that will have a range instead of just a flat top), shmooz a bit, and ask them what kind of pans they use, because if theyre not going to waste money on bullshit.
>>
>>7368645
Thicker pan would have better heat retention but I don't think that in itself for most people will matter or affect how they cook something
>>
File: pan.jpg (214 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
pan.jpg
214 KB, 1125x1500
OP here, took some pictures of the pan that i found in the kitchen.
>>
File: pan2.jpg (383 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
pan2.jpg
383 KB, 1125x1500
>>7368661
>>
>>7368666
>>
>>7368729
>>
Quality? Like build quality? Or just whether it's a good pan?
>>
>>7369619
>>
>>7369632
both i guess
>>
>>7369945
>>
So i take it nobody has any idea how to tell if a fryiing pan is any good?
>>
File: 1368502133539.gif (467 KB, 381x271) Image search: [Google]
1368502133539.gif
467 KB, 381x271
A lot of the teflon ones are all gonna be the same. Just go with a brand you'be heard of and has the weight you like.

Sorry can't help much, but if you let the thread circulate for a while (not 3am) you may get some more responses.
>>
daily reminder that non-stick is a meme for people that cant season a skillet
>>
>>7371633
>2016
>seasoning a skillet
>>
>>7373082
>2016
>inhaling cancer fumes
>>
>>7371633
>i am a poorfag foodNEET with no money and 16 hours a day to shitpost and cook food
>>
>>7373886
>>7373886
>believing in the teflon cancer fume meme
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.