[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /ck/ you're my only hope I want to eat healthy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
Help me /ck/ you're my only hope

I want to eat healthy but I'm just goddamn lazy

I end up eating out all the time even though it's all garbage with few exceptions because the convenience is too tempting. I need a few ideas for quick and easy staple meals I can eat on pretty much a daily basis with minimal preparation (inb4 "cock"); preferably low-sodium and low-carb. While I'm not fat I just generally feel like shit. Day after day I feel low-energy and low-test (I'm not just spouting epic memes when I say that either) and I doubt my low-intake of low-quality food doesn't have anything to do with that.

Thanks in advance for any help you're able to provide, any information you can share to help block out the alluring siren song of fast food restaurants and diners is greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsklsxReSe0
>>
>>7368446
>Day after day I feel low-energy and low-test (I'm not just spouting epic memes when I say that either)
In that case, go see a doctor. Ask to have your blood analyzed, you may have some thyroid disorder or whatever.

After that, it might help to see a dietician if your insurance covers it. If not, well, try to stick to three meals a day. Personally I have oatmeal and a glass of milk for breakfast, a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of milk for lunch and a homecooked meal for dinner. No snacks other than fruit in between.

Also, stop drinking soda. Drink water instead (carbonated water is good too). If you keep feeling cravings, light alternatives of your favorite soda might help with the "transition", so to speak. And they're usually 0 calories so it's not as good as water but at least it's better than normal soda.

In the end it's just calories in, calories out. The hard part is how you manage that.

Oh, and do try to find a sport you enjoy. Swimming is nice, and even if you only do it once a week it's better than not doing anything at all.

[spoiler]And read the /fit/ sticky, scrub[/spoiler]
>>
>>7368463
>In that case, go see a doctor. Ask to have your blood analyzed, you may have some thyroid disorder or whatever.

You could be right but I don't have insurance so a doctor is out for the time being.

>read the /fit/ sticky

I'm sure this is in part a lack of exercise problem - I have a pair of dumbbells sitting within arms' reach that I haven't touched in some time and a .txt file wherein I'd written what I ought to do with them- but I think my nihilism's genesis is moreso the mental and physical degeneration caused by the diet.

>stop drinking soda

You're right, I seldom drink more than two cans over the course of a day but even that's way more than anybody should considering that the stuff is literally poison.

>Personally I have oatmeal and a glass of milk for breakfast, a grilled cheese sandwich and a glass of milk for lunch and a homecooked meal for dinner. No snacks other than fruit in between.

That sounds like a good start. I keep buying oatmeal and forgetting I have it for some reason; luckily it keeps as long as it does.
>>
File: server[1].jpg (79 KB, 581x350) Image search: [Google]
server[1].jpg
79 KB, 581x350
>>7368525
>That sounds like a good start. I keep buying oatmeal and forgetting I have it for some reason; luckily it keeps as long as it does.
Maybe you could buy them ready made (not sure what they look like in whatever country you're from, this is what it's like in the Netherlands) if you're too lazy to make it yourself. It remains good for about a week or so, but if you eat breakfast every day that's more than enough. Just take a smale bowl of it, add some banana slices, maybe a teaspoon of honey and you're good to go.
>>
File: astounded negro.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
astounded negro.gif
2 MB, 288x288
>>7368535
>Maybe you could buy them ready made (not sure what they look like in whatever country you're from, this is what it's like in the Netherlands) if you're too lazy to make it yourself.

Is that pre-mixed oatmeal? That's kind of cool. A bit extravagant though. I might be lazy but I can at least make things like oatmeal (though I do so in a profoundly lazy way)

What kind of home-cooked meals do you usually eat for dinner?
>>
>>7368676
Pretty simple. Just vegetables, a filler (rice, potatoes or pasta) and protein. You can find many ready-made vegetable stuff in supermarkets (just throw it in a pan and add oil), cooking rice is increadibly easy if you have a rice cooker and protein gives you a lot of variation, from easy to difficult.

Sometimes I feel like showing off, but generally it's really fucking easy to make a tasty and edible meal. If you know how to boil potatoes, put freezer spinach in a pan and how to prepare a porkchop, you can cook for yourself.
>>
Just buy some apples, carrots etc. and munch on those raw thorough the day and have a proper dinner in the evening.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.