[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some food that you could just eat massive amounts of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
What are some food that you could just eat massive amounts of and it wouldn't even be that bad for you? Variety appreciated.
>>
>>7367921
Rice. You can easily eat hundreds of grains.
>>
>>7367921
Pickles probably
Celery
Baby carrots
>>
File: 1454116017402.jpg (11 KB, 295x200) Image search: [Google]
1454116017402.jpg
11 KB, 295x200
>>7367928
>pickles
Enjoy your lava hot sodium shits
>>
>>7367928
High blood pressure and orange skin. You'd maybe have some sort of super power probably.
>>
>>7367936
Do you have the copypasta of hat dude who ate a shitload of pickles by any chance?
>>
Just keep eating your lettuce. We know you're a bulemia.
>>
File: pickles.png (48 KB, 635x777) Image search: [Google]
pickles.png
48 KB, 635x777
>>7367969

Here you go, fartknocker.
>>
Celery
Rice cakes
Carrots
Apples

I mean, I challenge you to get through more than 5 apples and not feel full as fuck
>>
Interesting question. I think what you're looking for would want to have a neutral pH, minimum calories, low fat, salt and sugar... What you're after is a glass of water. But drinking too much water CAN have adverse effects (including death in extreme cases). Another risk is that you fill up on just one food and miss out on essential vitamins and minerals.

I reckon celery dipped in a very mild salsa wouldn't have too much of an effect in large amounts, depending on the salsa. I'm guessing you wouldn't want much onion, garlic, chili, lime, sugar or anything actually good in the salsa:

Chopped tomatoes
Chopped cucumber
Chopped bell pepper
A little water
All mixed together in a bowl

If you're feeling hardcore you could add a little:

Chopped red/spring onion (avoiding the outer layers of the red onion and the bulb of the spring onion)
Chopped mild chillies
Coriander
A TINY bit of lime juice (WARNING: LIME JUICE IS ACIDIC AND EXCESSIVE USE CAN LEAD TO CALCIUM DEFICIENCY AND GOUT)
A TINY bit of salt (WARNING: SALT RAISES BLOOD PRESSURE LEADING TO HEART ATTACK, STROKES AND KIDNEY DISEASE)

There's quite a lot of fibre in massive amounts of that though, which in excess can lead to constipation. Read these before you eat your bodyweight in celery:
http://superhumancoach.com/pros-and-cons-of-celery/
http://www.livestrong.com/article/472691-the-risks-of-eating-excess-celery/

Finally, a consumption management trick I heard from a coffee-addicted friend who was watching her sugar intake: Every time she put a teaspoon of sugar in her coffee, she'd also put a teaspoon of sugar in a jar. That way she could see how much she had used over the days and weeks.

If you're adding something like oil, salt or sugar to something that you're eating constantly then you might want to monitor your consumption that way. Apparently, after a week of that, my friend was shocked into halving the sweetness and frequency of her coffee.
>>
>>7368040

All I got out of this is that you put sugar in salsa, therefore all of your advice is invalid.
>>
>>7368046
I don't. Some people do. I don't put garlic in it either, in fact, if I'm honest, I don't think I've ever made salsa.
>>
>>7368057

Well, then my presumptions were incorrect. But now I'm certain you lead a sad life, never knowing the pure joy of homemade salsa.
>>
cheese.
>>
>>7368060
I think I might have most of the ingredients for it in the house, and some celery, and I'm planning a trip to the shops soon...

Got a good recipe?
>>
>>7368066

Well, that depends on if you want to try a pico de gallo or a cooked version.

I'd go with the pico for a beginner, because you can always graduate to a cooked version later.

Essentially you'll want some good quality hothouse tomatoes (as ripe as possible), a sweet onion, fresh lime if possible, cilantro if you fancy it, and your favorite chile or Mexican hot sauce (I suggest Valentino if you're going the hot sauce route).

Optionals: jarred chipotle or green chiles in addition to fresh.

The rest is dead easy: very fine dice on the tomatoes and onion with a 4:1 ratio of tomato to onion. Add in chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt and chile to taste. Optional additions: cumin, Mexican chile powder. I usually go with a dash of Mexican chile powder because why the hell not.

Let marinate, adjust salt and heat.

Eat with tortilla chips.

For cooked versions it's essentially the same as above but you can add bell peppers or pineapple or whatever when you put the ingredients to the heat.
>>
>>7368072
Thanks Anon, sounds good! I'll save this and give it a whirl later on.
>>
>>7368082

n/p salsafriend, I wish you success in finding good tomatoes in February
>>
File: nein.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
nein.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
these, raw.
>>
>>7368025
I can't eat more than like 5 sticks of celery before just being sick of it.
>>
File: mitch.png (79 KB, 250x189) Image search: [Google]
mitch.png
79 KB, 250x189
>>7367926
>Rice
rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something
>>
>>7367944

X-ray vision from the carrots.
>>
>>7368025

When I used to pick apples for a living, I would sometimes be too tired the night before to get a sandwich made for luch, so I'd eat all of the bird damaged or excessively small apples that would be normally thrown to the ground to fill myself. I was usually eating around 25 or more a day on days like that. Perpetual diarrhea.
>>
>>7368354
The diarrhea will have been from bacteria in and on the bad apples, not from the apples themselves. Apples have fibre, so if anything, too many apples would've left you constipated.

I know you didn't say it was from the apples, I'm just saying.
>>
>>7367921
konyaku.
its this almost calorie free jelly stuff.
>>
sugar-free jello
>>
>>7367921
chick pea curry (assuming it doesn't have cream and lots of oil)
>>
>>7368066
Before you go dicking this all up, I just want to jump in and say that you don't use god damned celery to dip salsa with. Use chips, for fucks sake.
>>
>>7368694
Read the OP again.
>>
>>7368005
Is this even possible?
>>
>>7368005
I would've poured milk in my ass to neutralize the burn.
>>
>>7368066
http://oneparticularkitchen. com/2009/05/19/salsa/
Shit is awesome.
>>
>>7367921
>ctrl+f
>broccoli
>0/0
CMON
>>
My gf's pussy ;)
>>
>>7369180
This. ANYTHING in the Brassica family can be eaten in large quantities with no ill effects (besides farts).
>>
>>7367921
Pretty much any vegetable
Puffed grains
Caffeine free tea
Konjac noodles
Sugar free drinks
>>
>>7367921
Anything if you lift
>>
>>7370718
>muh 6000 calorie diet
ok rippletits, get back to us in 6 months and let us know how that worked out
>>
>>7369180
broccoli tastes like shit.
>>
>>7370722
Under 200lb nu male detected
Enjoy that kale smoothy weekling
>>
>>7370728
"strongfag" (actually just fat) detected

enjoy your fat acceptance and struggling to breathe from getting up and opening the door for the pizza guy
>>
>>7367921
ice cubes
>>
File: 1268601696041.jpg (45 KB, 569x412) Image search: [Google]
1268601696041.jpg
45 KB, 569x412
>>7370723
>>
>>7368025
For some reason, whenever I eat apples, I get this really sickly feeling. It's almost like nausea but not quite. I try to stay away from the stuff.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.