[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
flavoring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: bellpeppers.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3072) Image search: [Google]
bellpeppers.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3072
So my friend likes the taste of bell peppers, but doesn't like the taste of bell peppers themselves. See, he likes to have them on his meals like a sub and remove them a few minutes later. He says it retains the "essence". Any viable substitutes for his tastes?
>>
>>7367419
do bell peppers even have a taste?
>>
>>7367419
You can replace "my friend" with "I" you're not fooling anyone. Also your answer is no asshat.
>>
>>7367425
yah got me
>>
Brah
>>
>>7367424
I get you're trying to make fun of OP, but you just come off as a retard. They do have a taste and it's not even a weak taste.
>>
I dislike the taste of bell peppers. They can be the component of a dish, just fine, but I hate having big chunks of them or stuffed peppers. Any hot pepper, on the other hand, is delicious to me. Not sure why that is.
>>
Dude like peppers are like
>>
>>7367419
maybe he just doesn't like the skin? try using roasted peppers, or make a sauce from bell pepper.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/red-pepper-mayonnaise-234670
>>
>>7367444
the thing is he doesn't like the taste of garlic, lemons, and especially mayonnaise
>>
>>7367436
it is a weak taste. It's sweet but besides that it sucks.
>>
>>7367452
thing thing is, he is a petulant child who refuses to step out of his culinary comfort zone like an insufferable faggot
>>
>>7367419
Sounds like he has a good solution; not sure why it needs a substitute. I mean it'd probably be more efficient to mush the juice out of a bell pepper slice and sprinkle it on a dish, so you'd be throwing away less pepper, but if he doesn't mind wasting it, I don't see why it's any of your business.

>>7367462
I agree it's a weak flavor (even if eating the actual pepper instead of its leached flavor). Since he also hates garlic, lemon, and mayo, he probably just doesn't like food that has much flavor, and bell peppers are a good vegetable for that.
>>
>>7367419

Green bell peppers are fucking tasteless shit, at best they taste like wet grass. Yellow and red masterrace.
>>
You do know faggot is hardly and insult with gay rights and all
>>
I like turtles
>>
>>7367487
its doesn't bother him so much its more for the rest of us because its just annoying when ordering pizza with bell peppers and he just going to take them off and most of us don't like bell peppers so its just a pain
>>
>>7367511
I just don't get it. I mean there's nothing else on the limited selection of pizzeria toppings that will taste like that, so per your original question, no, there's no substitute. And what's annoying about it? If you're annoyed at having green pepper on your pizza, just order it on half (or another fraction) of the pizza, or order separate pizzas. If you're annoyed with the price, just charge him an extra buck if he wants another item. If you're annoyed at the extra time it takes to say "green pepper" on the phone, order online and most pizza shops let you click to repeat a previous order the next time.

Honestly though, it sounds like you're a goddamned little bitch who needs his face smashed in for being such a pussy about SOMEONE ELSE'S pizza. So the fuck what if he takes the peppers off after? "But I don't like that he does that, waaaaahhhhh!" Hope he beats the shit out of you when you suggest your bell pepper ordering countermeasures.
>>
The worst part of this is that he doesn't actually like bell peppers. Bell peppers taste amazing.
>>
He is saying they all don't like bell peppers just that one friend likes the juice from the bell pepper so they do it to make him happy its not about being pussies its more of giving all the details why you got to be so negative
>>
i just get sausage/pepperoni/ham on most of my pizzas 2bhlad
>>
>>7367424
Stop smoking
>>
File: IM pussy.jpg (21 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
IM pussy.jpg
21 KB, 500x395
>>7367569
>>7367540
samefag
>>
Just infuse some oil with bellpeppers.
>>
why has nobody said paprika yet? its a spice literally made of dried crushed bell peppers. Just buy some sweet paprika dude
>>
Ajvar is the solution.
>>
File: 1343015023762.jpg (24 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1343015023762.jpg
24 KB, 333x500
>>7371350
Wait I fucked up disregard this I suck cocks.
>>
>>7367424
They have a taste. They're bitter but in a good way. OP's friend sounds like a douche though.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.