[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
spaghetti
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Any good spaghetti recipes /ck/?
>>
>>7366385
Just make Italian Marie From Italy's Homemade Italian Tomato Sauce From Italy with spaghetti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU
>>
>>7366395
I hate you. I'd rather just get a jar of prego at this point.
>>
>>7366437
Get Contadina so you can be confident in the sodium content
>>
>>7366385
I really can't stand the canned pasta sauces. So instead I use canned crushed tomatoes mixed with a bit of caramelized onions & garlic.. then season with a dash of salt and pepper as I heat it. This is my go-to fast & cheap option. If you want better then prepare to invest more time & money on better ingredients and proper preparation.

Also its sometimes considered sacrilege by sauce purists to add sugar, but in the event the sauce is too flat or acidic then a dash helps. Ideally sauce requires no sugar if the tomatoes are perfectly ripe and sweet, but when dealing with crushed tomatoes and the like, some sugar helps offset that acidity. At any rate I find this is still much more preferable to the disgustingly sweet offerings of Ragu-type canned sauces.
>>
My grandma used to make spaghetti with strawberry jam in the sauce. It what the best spaghet I've had. Anyone else tried that?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej3zeBGAKCs

Anything by this guy. Always feel free to substitute spaghetti, linguini, tagliatelle etc for one another. It won't be quite the same but not hugely different.
>>
>>7366395
>cutting that onion
Maximum cringe, every time.
>>
>>7366482
love everything this guy does
>>
>>7366463
>American likes sugar in his food

quelle surprise.
>>
>>7366482
>You will never live in a warm mediterranean country with delicious food everywhere
Just kill me senpai
>>
>>7366463
Thats some fucked up shit senpai.

pic related makes some god tier sauce and you can use it to doctor up a regular can of tomato sauce with little effort at all. Its the shit and I recommend using it at least once if you can find it.
>>
>>7366527
>Non-American only eats bitter and sour food
Fitting
>>
>inb4 le sketti girl gif
>>
>>7366385

Not really. I like to make spaghetti in a pesto/pine nut sauce and grate Parmesan/ drizzle olive oil over it.

It's actually quite simple to make ravioli and lasagna as well. Look into it.
>>
>>7366938
the first time I had a can of these, was planning on making spaghetti, I took a sip of the sauce and ended up just eating it all there and buying another can later. I didn't know food could taste good.
>>
>>7366385
step 1: put olive oil in pot and heat
step 2: put in your chopped garlic and onions
step 3: allow to cook for about 2-3 min
step 4: add your tomatoes (diced, pureed etc)
step 5: add salt
step 6: bring to the boil and remember to stir every couple of min or so

easiest shit in the world to make and tastes the best
>>
File: P1030246.jpg (549 KB, 1600x1201) Image search: [Google]
P1030246.jpg
549 KB, 1600x1201
http://www.nasluck-kitchen.jp/english/recipe/index.asp?cd=2&menu_id=000057
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK84hJx9daQ
>>
>>7366385
Google serious eats tomato sauce
>>
>>7366395
classic
>>
>>7367244
Excellent. I'd recommend using garlic and onion together only with fresh tomatoes though (and then adding basyl at the very end). If you're using a puree swap the garlic for some finely chopped carrot.
>>
>>7366385
anyone else put a lot of garlic in their spaghetti
>>
If I make Bolognese sauce I make it like this:
1. Grate carrot, brown onions and celery on a cheese grater
2. Crush two gloves of garlic
3. Lightly oil large pot
4. Throw in above mentioned ingredients plus salt, pepper and a dash of water
5. Simmer that shit until the onions are sweaty and soft
6. Put in pork and beef mix and combine, fry off until cooked
7. Add tomato paste in a well in the middle of the mince
8. Once cooked off add tinned chopped tomatoes
9. Add a tiny amount of sugar, dash of balsamic vinegar plus dried oregano
10. Lid on leave for an hour on low heat
>>
Tomato sauce with Ajvar, honey, feta and a fuckload of onions
>>
>>7366938
I always exalt this sauce by using it in pizza, God blesses me with an extra inch to my dick each time I apply this tomatoey nectar to pizza dough.
>>
Come over here, kid, learn something. You never know, you might have to cook for 20 guys someday.

> Start out with a little bit of oil.
> Then you fry some garlic.
> Then you throw in some tomatoes, tomato paste, you fry it
> Make sure it doesn't stick.
> Get it to a boil
> Shove in all your sausage and your meatballs
> A little bit of wine.
> A little bit of sugar

That's my trick
>>
>>7372131
>not frying the meat
No wonder he didn't make it to part II
>>
>>7369787
This sounds good but I'd replace the sugar with wine, add stock, and brown the meat properly at high heat in a separate pan before simmering.
>>
>>7366385

Pot of water to a boil. Spaghetti in. Boil for 6 minutes. Strain. Back into the pot. Knob of butter. Salt, pepper. Give it a mix. Spaghetti: DONE.
>>
Crumble goat cheese on top of spaghetti.
>>
>>7366395
Is there anything more to this video other than the idea that she had to make an 11 minute long video n making pasta sauce from premade canned tomato sauce and dumping oil into the mixture?
>>
>>7366395
>cutting the garlic in half
Just tear it between the cloves. She is drastically reducing the shelf life of the cloves she cut through.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.