[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does half chicken mean what does quarter chicken mean ty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 00210_WholeRawChicken10082013.jpg (12 KB, 400x272) Image search: [Google]
00210_WholeRawChicken10082013.jpg
12 KB, 400x272
what does half chicken mean

what does quarter chicken mean

ty
>>
>>7366176
/half chicken means you get half of a chicken. Oddly enough, a quarter chicken means you get 1/4 of a whole chicken.

Pretty confusing, I know.
>>
Think back, waayyy back, to when you were taught what fractions are.
Probably kindergarten.
>>
>>7366182
Well quarter chicken doesn't really explain itself so I can see someone being legitimately confused about that. It's not like you can cut chickens into 4 even pieces.
Generally it's a breast + a drumstick
Add back in a thigh and wing and you have the half
>>
split in half lengthways, spine removed. quartering separates the half into breast and leg portions, with the breast on the bone with drumette attached
>>
>>7366187
>Well quarter chicken doesn't really explain itself
Do you think it means they're putting 25 cent pieces in the chicken?
>>
>>7366271
don't be stupid. he wants to know if it's breast + wing or thigh + drumstick
>>
>>7366271
Some people care a lot about what part of the chicken you get, i.e. which two pieces you get out of four. At most places that serve chicken in halves however, it really doesn't matter, it's all the same shit.

What I don't get is how popular wings are in America. Why do you want more bone than chicken? Drumsticks are far superior and easier to eat.
>>
>>7366190

also, usually when you order a 'quarter chicken' it's the leg part, not the breast. that'll be listed as 'breast'.
>>
It means it was a half-chicken half-human. Quarter chicken is quarter chicken, quarter night douchebag douchebag, half human. Both racial archetypes have limited flight abilities and a natural -2 will save modifier in addition to other racial modifiers.
>>
>>7366291
There was a time when literally no one ate the wings and it was possible to get wings in bulk for dirt cheap, which made them popular as cheap bar food.
>>
>>7366301

epic randomness! LOL
>>
>>7366176

Half a chicken means a breast and a thigh, so half a chicken if you cut along the spine. Quarter is a breast or a thigh.
>>
>>7366176
Saw this "soul food" place yesterday, called them today and asked if they were opened. She said "we can start something right now but we're closing, what do you want?". I asked "how much is a full eight piece chicken?" and she told me the price.
Got there, waited 15 more minutes for it, paid, got home, it was 8 chicken legs
what the fuck
>>
I just bought something called "chicken breast quarter" from Sainsbury's. It's composed of a breast and I think a wing. How the fuck do I eat it? I pull things away from the breast and I see lots of little bones. Plus I'm pretty sure there's a feather, is that normal?

t. ex-vegetarian
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.